Discuss yellowsn0w - UAE at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; I thing u may done something wrong.
here is from scratch...
1. install itunes 8 ...
I thing u may done something wrong.
here is from scratch...
1. install itunes 8 if not available and reboot pc.
2. put Etisalat card in the phone and update to 2.2.0 firmware using iTunes and close iTunes.
3. using Quickpwn 2.2 select the same firmware to jailbreak.
4. disconnect phone from pc.
5. install sbsettings using wifi. (sbsettings is better than bosspref)
6. go to installer add source of http://i.yellowsn0w.com
7. now u see yellowsn0w 0.9.4 or search to find and install
8. bring sbsettings disable all functions except phone. (3g, bluetooth, EDGE, Wifi shoud be red and Phone will be green in color.)
9. reboot using sbsettings.
10. unlock the screen after 1 min.
11. Take out your Sim and insert it and dont touch the screen.
12. wait for exactly 5/6 min
don t know why but this time my phone is up since 20min and still working...and at last I can receive calls and SMS.
I did exactly the trick explained below (ps reboot with sbsettings)
no call out possible
after some more test, I in fact confim the following:
I can receive SMS, receive some calls but once I try to place a call iphone freeze for a while and then say call ended and then I loose etisalat.
Why etisalat signal fade
Can some one clarify why signal stays untill one change place and tries to make a call...any comments....
after getting the signal turn on 3g and EDGE using sbsettings.
Although I've turned 3G and Edge mobile doesn't make call signal fades away....It can recieve call but not make it....
Works perfectly with Etisalat
worked last night and still going perfectly with all functions working (calls in/out, SMS, 3G, Edge etc)
-install Yellowsn0w via cydia 0.9.4
-reboot with SIM inserted
-wait 30 sec
-make sure 3G and Data Roaming on
-put: etisalat.ae in APN setting
-Switch flight mode on for 10sec then off
-you will see the searching sign
Done the above every time I rebooted my iphone.
Last edited by jorous; 01-03-2009 at 07:17 AM.
like my34999, I can just receive (sometimes) calls...
i restore back from fresh 2.2 original then use pwnage tool to active and jailbreak.
1.this time i install both installer and cydia because last night i can not update yellowsn0w through cydia ( got mis match size error).
2.after restore using custom 2.2, on wifi, open cydia. ugrade everything then reboot.
3. open cydia, install boss pref. then install yellowsn0w 0.9.4
4.exit cydia, go to boss pref, off everything.
5. then reboot, nothing happen only 4 dots. then go to setting, reset network setting, the phone will reboot itself.
6.go to boss pref, off everything then reboot. sim still inside phone.
7.after phone reboot, wait at slide screen for about 1 mins (i think i saw no service come up), then i slide to homescreen.
8. at home screen go to setting and switch on the airplane mode for 15sec. then switch off.
8. u can see searching letter then i got full signal.
9. go to setting, on 3g, set up network. go to boss pref, switch on the edge.
everything okay now since last night.
i tried to reboot using boss pref (make sure use boss pref to off everything), at slide screen wait 1 mins the slide to homescreen, do as 7-9, success.
i have reboot twice already. so far no problemos. hope this will help.
forget to tell, after i got the signal last night, i sync with itune, set up as new phone then itune request to update the carrier setting. i did that, now i got small etisalat lettering at the signal and in setting about, i got etisalat 3.0 as the carrier.
By duck9000 in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 07:25 AM
By zizouth in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 05-04-2009, 01:42 AM
By vikram in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 02-24-2009, 12:20 AM
By mongoose8p in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM