Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Discuss yellowsn0w in Panama at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by jsalva ok got it just tested like that and it works, incoming ...
  1. #11
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsalva View Post
    ok got it just tested like that and it works, incoming and out going calls, however is not letting me send SMS with the C&W SIM, have you try SMS?
    Thanks
    everything works with me... try new 0.9.6 release!


  2. #12
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkurajber View Post
    everything works with me... try new 0.9.6 release!
    I did but that did not fixed, however i did fount the fix, it looks like the iphone is not able to retrieve the SMS center number from the C&W SIM probably because it's PIN protected.So if you boot from a Movistar (or NON PIN SIM) and then put your C&W sim in there and try to retrieve the SMS center number using *#5005*7672# and then CALL you will get the following number +50766105136 wich is the SMS center number for Movistar even if you swaped the SIM with the C&W one.

    Now what you need to do is to set the C&W SMS center number on the phone which is +5076999904 since it's unable to pull it from the SIM, if you try to do this with the C&W SIM on the phone it will not work, you need to have the Movistar SIM on the phone and dial: *5005*7672*+5076999904# and hit Call after that you'll get a confirmation message, swap SIMS again and thats it you'll be able to send SMS now.

    Now you are saying that with your C&W SIM everything works fine, this is probably because mine it's very very old one of the first, probably yours is configured different, anyways if somebody else faces this issue now it can be resolved.
    Last edited by jsalva; 01-07-2009 at 03:56 AM.

  3. #13
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Will try with other C&W cards and let you know if it happens with them... Good to have your solution for center number

  4. #14
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    cool, thanks post any results once you have them, i;m sure this will help a couple of people out there

    Thanks

  5. #15
    CEB
    CEB is offline
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsalva View Post
    I did but that did not fixed, however i did fount the fix, it looks like the iphone is not able to retrieve the SMS center number from the C&W SIM probably because it's PIN protected.So if you boot from a Movistar (or NON PIN SIM) and then put your C&W sim in there and try to retrieve the SMS center number using *#5005*7672# and then CALL you will get the following number +50766105136 wich is the SMS center number for Movistar even if you swaped the SIM with the C&W one.

    Now what you need to do is to set the C&W SMS center number on the phone which is +5076999904 since it's unable to pull it from the SIM, if you try to do this with the C&W SIM on the phone it will not work, you need to have the Movistar SIM on the phone and dial: *5005*7672*+5076999904# and hit Call after that you'll get a confirmation message, swap SIMS again and thats it you'll be able to send SMS now.

    Now you are saying that with your C&W SIM everything works fine, this is probably because mine it's very very old one of the first, probably yours is configured different, anyways if somebody else faces this issue now it can be resolved.

    All the aforementioned procedure CAN be avoided by creating a specific bundle for Movil and a separate for Movistar before restoring and applying yellowsn0w. The bundle will contain the operator specific SMS center number rather than generic. When you restore an iPhone and use Movil (CWP) it does not properly recognize the carrier as being CWP (regardless of what you see on the screen). The iPhone uses a default setting thus not allowing you to find the SMNC or being able to dial for service.

    Cheers,

    CEB


  6. #16
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEB View Post
    All the aforementioned procedure CAN be avoided by creating a specific bundle for Movil and a separate for Movistar before restoring and applying yellowsn0w. The bundle will contain the operator specific SMS center number rather than generic. When you restore an iPhone and use Movil (CWP) it does not properly recognize the carrier as being CWP (regardless of what you see on the screen). The iPhone uses a default setting thus not allowing you to find the SMNC or being able to dial for service.

    Cheers,

    CEB
    good to know, can you describe how to do it then?

    Also this does not happens on all situations i have 2 iphones 2G and on both everything works fine after a restore using the C&W sim (SMS, Voicemail Calls etc..), i have only found this issue on the 3G

  7. #17
    CEB
    CEB is offline
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You need some basic knowledge on how the bundles are created and how to use a plist editor to create the files that go into pwnage tool's expert mode. A bit involved to tell you in a few lines but do a search on creating pwnage bundles and you will find info. Just pay some attention to the symlinks that you must create. By having a carrier specific bundle you can process a number of phones to be exactly the same. Aside from carrier specific you can include other things as well. Cheers, CEB

  8. #18
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    cool. thanks for the info

  9. #19
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    for change the Voicemail Calls have you solution for change number directly or it's necesary to edit plist ??
    Thanks for help...

    Dog_seb

  10. #20
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dog_seb View Post
    for change the Voicemail Calls have you solution for change number directly or it's necesary to edit plist ??
    Thanks for help...

    Dog_seb
    dial *5005*86**111# press CALL - C&W Panama
    dial *5005*86**86# press CALL - Movistar Panama


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
  2. yellowsn0w - UAE
    By sskzk in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 01:31 PM
  3. Yellowsn0w College Network Can't Use WIFI Download Yellowsn0w?
    By mongoose8p in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 04:08 PM
  4. iphone unlocked in Panama, Panama(Central America)
    By Tupapi in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:54 AM.
twitter, follow us!