Discuss Very Dead iPhone after YellowsnOw & Reset at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Dear Experts,
I unlocked my wife's iPhone today with YellowSn0w. All was OK, except for ...
Very Dead iPhone after YellowsnOw & Reset
I unlocked my wife's iPhone today with YellowSn0w. All was OK, except for the common problems listed here. However, after I proudly presented her with her unlocked phone, my wife performed a "Content & Settings" Reset. The result is an iPhone that will not start at all.
Specifically, when it is turned on it displays the Apple logo and does nothing. It cannot be seen by iTunes or DiskAid. It does not respond to a hard reset - holding the home & power buttons for 10 secs causes the iPhone to turn off, nothing else.
It is obviously in some kind of initialization loop because every 10 mins it restarts the init.
Can anyone suggest how I can get it alive again? Any way out of this state will do...
Thanks in advance,
Was the content and settings wipe in any way interrupted??? ( power button, battery drain, etc.) in any case just perform a dfu restore
Your going to need to do a Restore. Nothing else will help.
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure that a restore is the way to go. However I don't seem to be able to get it into DFU mode. In other words the following sequence doesn't work:
Turn the iPhone ON
2. CONNECT it to the dock
3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode
4. HOLD the Power/Sleep-Wake button AND the Home button for 10 seconds
5. RELEASE only the Power/Sleep-Wake button and continue to hold the Home button
6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode (in Windows a bubble pops up saying it recognized new hardware "DFU Mode" or something to that effect)
When I hold the power & home buttons for 10 secs, the iPhone just turns off.
Worst comes to worst you could let the battery die and see what happens
That happened with me once on my 2G iPhone. I did a full reset from the setting and phone just kept on restarting by it self...
Originally Posted by ExtraPilot
I know for sure that I did a full reset and it worked. I dont recall getting it in DFU mode. I just waited till iTunes detected the iPhone and did hit the Shift Button + Restore and then selected the FW file.
Give that it try, it might work....
Try holding the home button whilst you connect the USB cable and for a few seconds after.
Thanks so much~
i made this accnt just to thank you... i was on the verge of destroying my room =]
Had same problem but solved it
Hi, i had same problem after useing iTunes in paralel with LazyPanda install daemon !!! My phone went into endless loop of restarting after white apple logo ... and itunes didn't even detected it anymore.
Problem can be solved by simply starting redsnow ... go into DFU mode ( real restore mode ... not that crap in iTunes ). Problem is ... apple changed trick to enter into DFU mode in 3.0.1 ... correct step is :
1) Connect iphone to PC
2) Turn it OFF ( by holding POWER and HOME together more than 6 sec )
3) Start Redsnow and read instruction or do :
( press POWER and HOME ... screen goes ON keep holding 5-6 sec when screen goes black release POWER still holding HOME ... hold HOME for 10-28 sec )
4) After than redsnow will detect DFU mode and start restore procedure
5) You could disconnect phone before redsnow start to fill it with cracking code and then close redsnow, open iTunes ( now it will see phone and want to restore it ) do fresh restore with UNMODIFIED 3.0.1 firmware ( actualy same version that phone already is )
6) When you finish iTunes restore and phone turn ON in locked state ... do not unlock with SIM or put SIM card into it ... just start redsnow again and folow redsnow procedure one more time for DFU and JAILBREAK procedure ( SELECT ONLY CYDIA not ICY .
7) You have jailbroken and working iPhone ... now turn ON Wi-Fi and in Cydia do complete upgrade.
8) Powerdown phone ( RED SLIDER - hold power for more than 6 sec )
9) PowedUP phone ... connect to Wi-Fi start Cydia ... add ultrasnow repo in source - edit -add ... search for ultrasn0w install ultrasn0w ... restart phone ... put SIM card ...and you should have working phone again
I hope i've helped you :-)
By hitechero in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
By Hairy in forum Hardware
Last Post: 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
By JLove in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
By mf doom in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
By h8null in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 04-18-2009, 05:38 AM