Discuss simplest reunlock after reboot of yellowsn0w unlocked 3G at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Good Morning and thanks to everyone testing and reporting back on yellowsn0w functionality.
Todays question ...
simplest reunlock after reboot of yellowsn0w unlocked 3G
Good Morning and thanks to everyone testing and reporting back on yellowsn0w functionality.
Todays question is, what do you have to do to keep your unlocked 3G unlocked after reboot?
From the threads Ive been reading there are at least 3 different approaches people are using
1. they run yellowsn0w terminal commands every single reboot, I dont care for this one
2. they remove and reinsert sim card after every reboot, I dont like that either, but its better than using terminal every time..
3. they go in and out of airplane mode, I like that, requires no tools, no typing.. can others confirm this works?
So, has anyone found any other way to get their rebooted 3g to reunlock?
What is the most user friendly way you have found to get your unlocked 3G to come back online after a reboot?
Happy New Year
Try version 0.95 : you will need nothing to keep it unlocked!
And do not forget to THANK DevTeam!!!!!!
doesnt work for me no mater what i do on 0.95 too... i have tried every version.. nothing
Chief of Administration
iPhone Dev Team
> version 0.95 : you will need nothing to keep it unlocked!
Now just to be sure I understand you correctly, you are reporting that with v.95 the 3G iPhone STAYS unlocked after reboot yes?:-)
That sounds like yellowsn0w is ready for prime time, and for me to go to the ATT store for my new 3G iPhone..
Im on Tmobile USA with my 2G iPhone and have confirmed I do NOT have a 39.xx Tmobile sim card, which I plan to move to my 3G..
> doesnt work for me no mater what i do on 0.95 too... i have tried every version.. nothing
I think you are not answering what I asked about reboot. I think you are having trouble unlocking your 3G iPhone altogether. Suggestion, check the ID number of your SIM card.. if you are in USA.. also, you must turn off 3G to use Tmobile USA.. I attach below instructions to unlock
and question, does v.95 of yellowsn0w also solve the Tmobile USA 39.xxx no outgoing calls problem?
Happy New Year!
Follow these instructions:
First I went to connected my iPhone 3G to my computer and restored it with iTunes,
**jon_slider adds, note, from http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61806 After upgrading you baseband using the official 2.2 firmware, create a custom firmware (Using Quickpawn, instructions here http://www.coderetard.com/2009/01/01...re-yellowsn0w/ ) making sure to select the activation option. Use this firmware to restore your iphone but make sure to disconnect the iphone before itunes recognizes it and activates it.
. Also, put the SIM for your unlocked carrier in iPhone, then proceed with instructions **
• Now my baseband is 02.28.00. ( Settings->General->About )
• Then I went to Cydia. ( Let it do its thing when your running Cydia for the first time. Restart Cydia. )
• Go back to Cydia if it restarted and update Cydia. (It will prompt you to update essentials when Cydia starts.)
• Now in Cydia, go to the bottom and click Manage->Sources->Edit->Add
• In the pop-up that came up, type http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
• Press "Add Source" and click "Done"
• Under "Entered by User", click the yellowsn0w source
• You should see "yellowsn0w", click it and then click install.
• After thats finished installing, exit out of cydia and go to Settings->General->Network
• Where it says "Enable 3G", put it to "OFF"
• Go to the home screen, hold the power button, slide to power off
• Now click the power button to turn your iphone back on.
• Once its back on, wait about 10-15 seconds
• If your it doesn't show your bars and the T-Moblie logo at the top left in 10-15 seconds, do this:
• Go to Settings and turn "ON" "Airplane Mode"
• Go to your home screen, turn on safari or cydia (I turned on cydia) and wait for about 10 seconds.
• Go back to Settings and turn off "Airplane Mode".
• Now at the top left it should say "Searching"
• After a few seconds, your bars will show up and it will show the T-Mobile logo.
Last edited by jon_slider; 01-03-2009 at 05:39 PM.
With 0.9.5 I don`t think you need to do these stuff.
> With 0.9.5 I don`t think you need to do these stuff.
you mean no need to toggle airplane, thats great!
But for Tmobile USA we do still need to turn off 3G afaik
and the others steps are still true
1. update iPhone to firmware 2.2 but dont activate in iTunes
2. quickpawn the phone to add cydia
3. use cydia to get yellowsn0w
I think most failures are due to people not understanding step 1
as explained here
Many people are having problems because they activated their iphones using itunes. DO NOT do that.
I have unlocked with 0.9.5, I still have to toggle the Airplane mode after reboot.
With me,its all working good,no need to do anything,but it keeps losing the signal for 30 secs and comes back...but what really pisses me is that its using another carriers name no idea why...
Originally Posted by Activistalist
By phxlibra in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
Last Post: 07-15-2009, 04:47 AM
By CowTipper in forum iPhone/iPod Touch
Last Post: 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
By imadcat in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
By Iphonist in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
By randyjs in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-20-2007, 11:24 PM