Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Discuss Restore with an early pwnd firmware a 2.2.1 iphone at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, I will try to explain myself to see if what i intend to do ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Restore with an early pwnd firmware a 2.2.1 iphone

    Hi,

    I will try to explain myself to see if what i intend to do is possible...

    I have an iphone 3g unlocked, running firmware 2.2.1 without the latest baseband.

    But the iphone as a problem an it needs to be send to apple, and possibly it will be replaced.
    Will i be able to unlock the new one, if it comes with the new baseband( and I'm almost sure it will ), using the firmware i created with Pwnage tool to jailbreak the one i have now?

    Is this possible?

    Hope you guys can understand my question.

    Sorry for my English...

    Cheers



  2. #2
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theplaypen View Post
    Will i be able to unlock the new one, if it comes with the new baseband( and I'm almost sure it will ), using the firmware i created with Pwnage tool to jailbreak the one i have now?
    If Apple is going to replace it you have a good chance of getting an iPhone with Firmware 2.2.1 and the new baseband. This one can't be unlocked as of now.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    If Apple is going to replace it you have a good chance of getting an iPhone with Firmware 2.2.1 and the new baseband. This one can't be unlocked as of now.
    Not even if i restore it using the firmware i created with the pwnagetool for the one i have now?

  4. #4
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theplaypen View Post
    Not even if i restore it using the firmware i created with the pwnagetool for the one i have now?
    No, the custom firmware only worked for you cause when applying it, the baseband was at 02.28...
    Now as the baseband probebly will be 02.30 that aint work. There is no way as of now to downgrade the baseband. And thats the one Yellowsn0w is working with ONLY 02.28.

    sorry, thats the way it is.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    No, the custom firmware only worked for you cause when applying it, the baseband was at 02.28...
    Now as the baseband probebly will be 02.30 that aint work. There is no way as of now to downgrade the baseband. And thats the one Yellowsn0w is working with ONLY 02.28.

    sorry, thats the way it is.

    Ok. Tks for all your help.

    I think i'm not going, at leat for now, to send it to repair/replace. After all it's only a minor flaw in the junction between the silver and the black pieces in the left side... below the buttons... The black part is a little more salient than the silver one... it creates like a "sharp" edge.

    Once again thank you.

    Cheers


  6. #6
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theplaypen View Post
    I think i'm not going, at leat for now, to send it to repair/replace. After all it's only a minor flaw in the junction between the silver and the black pieces in the left side... below the buttons... The black part is a little more salient than the silver one... it creates like a "sharp" edge.
    Well, as long as you monitor the timeframe the warrenty is void, it could be a good idea to wait until an unlock is available one day ;-)
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Well, as long as you monitor the timeframe the warrenty is void, it could be a good idea to wait until an unlock is available one day ;-)

    yeah... guess that's what I'll do. I still have a big time frame.


  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    Taking in consideration that we now know that new firmware is coming and probably a new iphone as well, do you still think that i should wait?

    Cheers,

    Mário

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    HI I just got a 3g today..runing firmware 2.2.1 and modem firmware 2.30.03....I gather I cant do anything with it as yet?

    Cheers.

  10. #10
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    @ Theplaypen
    I dont know. We all dont know how chances are for an unlock. The "upcoming iPhone" is a rumor. the only thing I agree on that rumor is that one day we will see a new iPhone ;-)

    @ BIGBOYBLUE
    modem firmware 2.30.03 cant be unlocked or downgraded. so as of today you are kind of stuck. The only thing you can do is jailbreak it and use as an iPod. i know this is not the answer you were looking for...
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. pwnd iPhone and SDK
    By RossOliver in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 05:34 PM
  2. MacRumors: iPhone 2.0 Firmware (5A347) Available Early
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 01:50 AM
  3. MacRumors: iPhone 2.0 Firmware (5A347) Available Early
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
  4. MacRumors: iPhone 2.0 Firmware (5A347) Available Early
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
  5. Can I put my own apps on a pwnd 2.0-iPhone?
    By lumpie in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:03 AM.
twitter, follow us!