yellowsn0w in Pakistan. Solution to no signal problem
I am visiting Pakistan for the past 2 weeks and brought my ATT iPhone 3G.
After spending the past 14 hours on the unlock I finally did it and tested it on My ATT sim on roaming. Waird,Telenor,Mobilink,Ufone.
Calls in/out= All good
Data= All good
Sms= All good
1. Restore to 2.2 through iTunes.
2. After the iPhone is restored. Close the iTunes.
3. Open Quickpwn 2.2 and Jailbreak the Phone and Install Cydia and Installer
4. Install Mobile Terminal and the Sbssettings through Cydia.
5. Install yellowsn0w through Installer. The way to do is; go to the add sources tab in Installer and add the following source http://i.yellowsn0w.com/ . It will place the yellowsn0w software under utilities or you can search for it through the search tab in Installer. Just install it from there. I will tell you to reboot your phone.
6. Just slider your finger or thumb on the top part of your iPhone screen (where the signal bars, Clock and Batter indicators are located). The Sbs settings will come up. Turn of 3G and the Wifi (very important). Then press the power button and reboot your phone.
7. After the phone reboots. Wait for 30 seconds. If you dont get any signal. Go ahead to Mobile Terminal and write the following two commands commands. Only Execute the commands in Bold!
(a)write yellowsn0w -c
If it gives you the resource busy message. Keep on executing the command till it does not give you the message again.
(b) write yellowsn0w -q
After executing the seconds command given above. You shouldnt get any message. Wait for 25-30 seconds to see if the execution was successful. If it gives you the resource busy message. Keep on executing the command till it does not give you the message again.
Once you execute the command yellowsnow -q ; you should have nothing happen for 15-20 seconds. If you get a resource busy message; execute the last command again and keep on doing it until it does not give you the message again.
8. Press the home screen button and go to settings.
9. Turn the Airplane mode on for 5-10 seconds and then turn it off. Wait for another 15-20 seconds. You should see your Bars.
Step 9 is where almost everyone is having their problems.
If you dont get any bars after you turn the airplane mode on and then off.
Reboot your Phone.
Go to Mobileterminal.
Press home button; go to settings and turn the Airplane mode off and on Again. It should work. If it doesn't; reboot the phone and execute the commands and turn the airplane mode off and on again. The first time i did it at least 5 times. This is the the only solution!!!
If you still have any questions, send me a pm on hackint0sh forum or reply to this thread. My id is mank.
Hope this helps. Cheers Dev Team for the unlock
Tested Yellowsn0w 0.96 and most probably it will take most of your grievances away. Just intall 0.96. I installed it through installer and reboot your phone. If you get call failed error on outgoing calls; go to call id settings and turn it on. That should do the trick.