T-mobile USA anyone?
did it all , put my old card into my old phone and called a number waited for it to get the service back and put it back in the iphone 3g got t-mobile right away . pretty good way to get the service instead of turning it off on off on airplane mode..BUT i can get call , text and send text but i cant call lose service right away anyone got anything on that .?
i have tmobile too
mine shows no bars and invalid sim... did i miss a step? oh and btw,.its a honolulu number
I have the EXACT same problem. And a lot of people on the dev team blog are reporting the exact same problem with Tmobile. It must be a bug with yellowsn0w. Let's hope they work it out. Otherwise I'm going to have to downgrade back to 2.1 and use my universal sim again.
Follow these instructions:
Originally Posted by born2win413
First I went to connected my iPhone 3G to my computer and restored it with iTunes.
• Now my baseband is 02.28.00. ( Settings->General->About )
• Then I went to Cydia. ( Let it do its thing when your running Cydia for the first time. Restart Cydia. )
• Go back to Cydia if it restarted and update Cydia. (It will prompt you to update essentials when Cydia starts.)
• Now in Cydia, go to the bottom and click Manage->Sources->Edit->Add
• In the pop-up that came up, type http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
• Press "Add Source" and click "Done"
• Under "Entered by User", click the yellowsn0w source
• You should see "yellowsn0w", click it and then click install.
• After thats finished installing, exit out of cydia and go to Settings->General->Network
• Where it says "Enable 3G", put it to "OFF"
• Go to the home screen, hold the power button, slide to power off
• Now click the power button to turn your iphone back on.
• Once its back on, wait about 10-15 seconds
• If your it doesn't show your bars and the T-Moblie logo at the top left in 10-15 seconds, do this:
• Go to Settings and turn "ON" "Airplane Mode"
• Go to your home screen, turn on safari or cydia (I turned on cydia) and wait for about 10 seconds.
• Go back to Settings and turn off "Airplane Mode".
• Now at the top left it should say "Searching"
• After a few seconds, your bars will show up and it will show the T-Mobile logo.
T-Mobile does NOT work for Calling-Out!
Originally Posted by DenS
I followed these instructions exactly. I even get the "Phone activated" message with the T-Mobile SIM.
The "T-Mobile" logo shows and the full-signal strength, but the moment you enter a phone number and call-out, the signal goes completely Nil. After cancelling the call, the phone seems to restore the signal after about 30 seconds. But to no avail, the phone is unable to call-out.
The other functions like EDGE and WiFi seem to work.
I got it working on T-Mobile USA no problem, just followed the directions on the dev team blog. It did not work the first time so uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it worked. I just have to eject the sim card after every boot.
are you sure you can make outgoing calls? I can get my phone to gain sinal by reinserting the sim but eveything works except outgoing calls.
Originally Posted by ptpuffers
3g on t-mobile
dont even get t-mobile and no signal, i tried these steps and says invalid sim..
no signal nothing with t-mobile usa. i am not use gevey-sim. i have garbage right now.