Successful unlock for carrier: Three (3) in the UK
OK, I have spent the last 2 days working solid trying to get this to work on the UK Three (3) carrier on a iPhone that was locked to o2. Follow these steps, each one is pretty important:
1. Restore your iPhone with itunes to 2.2 firmware (if you haven’t already)
2. Jailbreak with QuickPwn (if you haven’t already)
3. Open installer and add the source Dev Team provided and download yellowsn0w 0.9.4 (if you haven’t already)
4. Download BigBoss Prefs (if you haven’t already)
5. Download Mobile Terminal (if you haven’t already)
6. Go into Settings -> Phone -> show My Caller ID Turn this ON
** Although it maybe greyed out and say OFF, you can still turn it ON**
7. Go into BigBoss Prefs and click Reboot
8. Once phone is on, go into Terminal
9. OK, now the timing of this next part in important.
There are 4 lines that need to be entered. You need to type;
- yellowsn0w –r
- yellowsn0w –c
- These two commands need to be entered between 2-4 seconds within each other. They way you do that is type in one of the commands (yellowsn0w –r) on the terminal screen (but don’t press enter) then if you click the top right corner (hit the battery symbol) another terminal will appear, type the second command (yellowsn0w –c) but don’t press enter. Now, hit the battery twice more and you’ll be back at the first terminal screen. Press enter, quickly press move to the second screen and press enter again. As long as “open: Resource Busy” does not appear, move to the next step, otherwise repeat the above, make sure you quick enough entering the commands.
10. Next do the same as the above but enter these two commands:
- yellowsn0w –r
- yellowsn0w –l
- Again, make sure they are entered within 2-4 seconds of each other. And AGAIN, you will know if this worked by waiting 20 seconds after you’ve entered “yellowsn0w –l” and “open: Resource Busy” does not appear. (You should also see “Searching...” where your signal should be..,”
11. OK, nearly done, press home button to get out of terminal, go into Settings and turn on Aeroplane mode...turn it off...it’ll probably say “Searching...” again, if after another 20 seconds it’s still saying it, turn it on and off again and NOW it should find your network. **You’ll know if it’s working after this step as the “Carrier” bar will appear under WiFi.
NOTES – I’ve done this 3 times now to my own phone, seems to require it after each reboot. And don’t worry, it never worked the first time I tried it on each of the 3 occasions. I had WiFi on, Edge on, doesn’t seem to matter, it all seems to be about the terminal commands and having your Caller ID Showing...
OW, and BIG PROPS goes out to deli_gt who advised me through these hard times.
After 3 Hours.... THANKS !!!
I was just about to loose my mind.... Thanks !!! That was just perfect !
Cant recieve or make calls or txts
Hey followed the below intstructions except i downloaded yellow snow from cydia
got the 3 wih full signal but it is tempramental about when it lets me make and recieve calls.
any ideas why this might be?