Discuss [FW 2.2] (Help!) Yellowsn0w 0.9.8 No-Service at the Yellowsn0w (3G unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; I don't think he tried to downgrade the baseband("I re-flashed the baseband with the same ...
I don't think he tried to downgrade the baseband("I re-flashed the baseband with the same version (02.28.00)"); he just tried to re-flash the baseband with the same verion (02.28.00) to correct it in case it was corrupted. However, it seems that it did not help, and that the problem was not that his baseband firmware was corrupted.
BBUpdateExtreme does work with 3G, but it cannot be used to downgrade from 02.30 to 02.28.
If anybody had 'no signal' problems with yellowsn0w 0.98 on baseband 02.28.00 and solved them, please tell us what you did to solve them.
My friend is also facing the same problem.
Guys, I solved the problem in this order:
1. turn airplane mode on
2. switch off the iphone
3. put some other sim card inside (one that doesn't have the pin lock on)
4. start the iPhone
5. should be working fine (turn airplane off if it's needed)
6. at this point if your original card has pin lock on, start it with some other phone and turn the pin lock off
7. put the original sim to iPhone
8. buy me a drink!
Last edited by mstrike; 03-27-2009 at 10:22 PM.
First i want to say thanks for all the helpful responses,
Second, i have some (bad) news regarding my situation.
After i tried all that is possible i took my iphone back to the place i have bought it at. This place is a GSM store in budapest (not an official t-mobile store..). I've explained my problem to the guy at the store, he said they will check the device.
The iphone was returned to me after 2 weeks (!) without any change (not even a restore) and the guy told me the phone is IMEI blacklisted in all of europe..
He said that the person who sold him the phone didn't pay his phone bill to t-mobile so they blocked the IMEI which was tied to his account, which is unfortunately - my iPhone...
note: I have a proof of purchase from this place that can prove i bought the device legally.
I am wondering 2 things:
1. Is there any way i can get my IMEI out of the blacklist? can i talk to some one from t-mobile and show them my proof of purchase? will it help?
2. Even though my iphone is no longer covered by the warranty i got from this place, isn't it their responsibility? since the phone is working perfectly fine and the only issue doesn't concern the actual device..?
in other words, they sold me a device that was blocked 2 months after i bought it.. who is supposed to take the damage here?
Maybe you should search for a way to spoof your IMEI; but that's illegal, and I'm not sure if there is a way to spoof iPhone 3G's IMEI.
By benson5586 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
By vikram in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 02-24-2009, 12:20 AM
By mongoose8p in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
By miroesq in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
Last Post: 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM