Discuss [WinPwn 2.0] After a couple of minutes working correctly, iPhone won't boot at the Winpwn - Hackint0sh.org; Here's what I did:
1) WinPwn'd phone to 2.0, didn't like the firmware, went back ...
[WinPwn 2.0] After a couple of minutes working correctly, iPhone won't boot
Here's what I did:
1) WinPwn'd phone to 2.0, didn't like the firmware, went back to 1.1.4.
2) Realised I didn't have Wi-Fi (no node would accept my pwd's), so upgraded again to 2.0.
3) Worked fine for a couple of hours. Added software using Cydia. All was OK.
4) Added some AppStore apps. Everything was fine.
5) Suddenly, my screen read "Organizing icons, the phone will restart when it finishes" or something like that. The phone stayed like that for minutes.
6) I reset the phone, and it won't boot. All I get is the apple logo, plus the spinning circle. The spinning circle froze after a couple of seconds.
Now, I have a lovely brick. I'm sure there's a way to fix this, but I'm not sure whether I should go back to 1.1.4... again... or... well.
Fixed my iPhone...
1) Downloaded iTunes 7.5.
2) Installed firmware 1.1.4.
3) Re-installed firmware 1.1.4.
5) Kicked phone out of DFU using iLiberty+
6) WinPwned again (don't know why the first time, it didn't work).
7) Kicked phone out ouf recovery mode using Liberty+
8) Used Kiphone to downgrade baseband.
9) Kiphone left me at 4.05.04G, so I BootNeutered the phone.
10) I'm now at 1.1.4 with 4.04.04G, and everything works correctly.
I guess I'll wait a bit more before trying 2.0 again.
good job and thanks for letting us know
MacBook Pro OS X SNOW Leopard
iPhone 4 16GB
iPad WiFi 64GB iOS 4.2
BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)
By soopa in forum General
Last Post: 06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
By supersaiyenx in forum Dual Booting
Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
By hefeweizen in forum AppStore Software
Last Post: 09-15-2009, 05:32 PM
By nemesis1218 in forum Old *pwn Solutions
Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
By exupery in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM