Discuss WinPwn 22.214.171.124 Released! at the Winpwn - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by elie.fares
How did u get the restore from backup to work? It's ...
It seems that it does take forever for some people...just be patient with it. Mine took around 45 minutes but I left it untouched and it finished with no errors.
Originally Posted by elie.fares
[WinPwn 2.0.4][2.01][1st Gen] My Success story and a few tips
I used Winpwn 2.0.4 and it works perfectly fine for me. I sure did encounter few errors and here is how i fixed it.
While creating the custom ipsw winpwn crashes
- check if you have enough space on your C drive. if Winpwn crashes then check your temp folder and clean files. I had about 2gb of free space on my C drive and it worked perfectly fine.
- I received the same error few times during my first restoration of FW 2.0 with winpwn 2.0.3 and i realised that i had entered into the DFU mode properly. when i got into the proper DFU mode everything worked seamlessly both times.
DFU mode simplified
- Well it may not be simple but this is what i did.
1. Hold Power and home button wait for the phone to crash n get to the black screen
2. keep holding both buttons while you are on the black screen for 5 seconds or so
3. Release power button but keep holding the home button. (if you see the apple logo before letting go of the power button then you are going to enter restore mode)
4. if you have done the first 3 steps correctly, itunes would detect your phone in restore mode and the screen would be black
5. Pat your back... you got it right, half of the job is done.
Restore or Set as a new phone
- I suggest set it as a new phone. try syncing your addressbook to outlook and copy sms.db. rest you can sync again and get all your content back.
I did a restore this time just to see what happens, everythin worked perfectly besides mail. so i used winscp and logged on to the phone and in the library folder i changed the Mail folder permission to 775 and everything worked. My previous apps installed through cydia were lost, no big hassle anyway... i downloaded n installed them in a jiffy.
- I set it as 512mb and i have installed both cydia n installer. Installer has nothing in it besides a few test apps.... so got to wait for the sources to be updated.
- I cant seem to upload the hacked MonkeyBall.app it stops at a specific file..... got to fix that.
So yea don blame Winpwn for your problems.... it works perfectly fine on the first try. I even did a restore and all probs that i had with 2.0 are all gone. The phone just seems more responsive.
Lemme know if you need help!!
So why does it say Installer 2.0 ? should it not be 4.0 beta4 ? Or did he just mistype ?
Thank this worked great..
Originally Posted by molla
the correct way to answer would be that boboz, you are using a 3G firmware. WinPWN recognizes it as a 3G firmware and doesn't enable the other options.
Originally Posted by andronick
i also was finally successful this morning. installer, cydia, and youtube fix, activate and unlock, 512mb partition. Restore went fine as well. WinPWN kept giving me errors at first so i rebooted my Vista machine. just a tip though, if you are getting error (1), its because you are using the wrong FW for your phone (like using a 3G FW on a 2G phone). the problem with what everybody is doing is NOT the sequence you connect to itunes or how you get into DFU, its with WinPWN and the way they are building the FW.
Last edited by HotShotAzn; 08-10-2008 at 08:12 PM.
sorted mine first time, followed the instructions on page 14 and they worked fine.. got installer and cydia working perfectly (alothough installer is stil buggy but looks loads better now than before) and app store is also working perfectly.
SEARCH!!! Its really not that hard!!
Wow, I think I am the only one who cant get past Error 6.
I have tried too many variations of 126.96.36.199 options/partition sizes, 2.0 or 2.0.1 and iTunes 188.8.131.52.
I have also tried using 184.108.40.206 and restoring 2.0 on iTunes 220.127.116.11 and I still got error 6. I am on a vista 32bit system.
I cant even use the iClarified restore to 1.1.4 on iTunes 7.5 because of Error 10!!!
As of now I have a legit 2.0.1 stuck on the Emergency Screen. Any other pieces of advice before I go out and buy a HTC Diamond (Im not really gonna do that)?
do you have another PC you can try it on. A PC with just itunes and winpwn 18.104.22.168
I don't think anything is wrong with your phone. If you know someone with a Mac, use pwnage Tool 22.214.171.124 and I bet you it will work.
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
Originally Posted by dtube
I did try it on my laptop but it also is a vista 32bit system. Mac is a good way to go I think. Maybe even an XP system.
Last Post: 08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
By hawaiipoolman in forum Old *pwn Solutions
Last Post: 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
By jsalame in forum Winpwn
Last Post: 07-27-2008, 03:27 AM
By tombonez in forum Winpwn
Last Post: 07-25-2008, 03:23 AM