I wrote this on another post the other night but I was thinking bout it, could actually be really cool if next version of winpwn or pwnage contained a way in which as well letting us install cydia and installer, would allow us to add sub branches of theyre content, so we could create custom images already containing apps such as terminal, SSH Open, basically anything cydia and installer provide us through theyre natural interface.
I dont think it is too far from possible as cydia and installer must already provide theyre data as some kind of xml feed/proxy webservice.
Honestly this would be a godsend as far as im concerned.
I currently keep, Of all my OS's. Imaging OS's has saved me countless hrs over the yrs.
Just a quick question. I am currently unlocked and jailbroken on 1.1.4 with iliberty+
When I use Winpwn 2.5, do I need to unlock and activate again?
i am about to update it to 2.0.2 using winpwn 2.5 beta 2 now...so before jumping into it.. i jus want to clarify whether the options i m selecting is proper..so here it goes..
* i have 2.0.1-->winpwn 2.0.4(unlocked)
1) what should be the partition size...shall i make it to 600..?? (coz 700 is way too much i guess..lots of space ll be wasted)
2) should i have to use the option of unlock again..????
3) should i have to activate again..??? (not a at&t user)
1) I had no problems at 600mb installing both, installer and cydia. seemed to work fine for me.
2) it cant hurt, but yes unlock it
(unless you intend to use it on your original provider)
if you are unsure of the options dont use expert mode.
If a setting doesnt work for you I have found its quicker to resolve using quickpwn than restoring a completely new image.
Its almost impossible to brick an iphone,
I had my niece pull the cable out once while downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4 had loads of fun with that one.
your itunes has been pwned previously
Actually, there is no need to use the unlock option. From 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 there is no baseband upgrade, the unlock remains.
Two quick questions:
- Is there an alternative download link? Rapidsh.. is failing after about 21%
- What's the checksum (MD5) of the installer for WinPwn? Just want to make sure I don't release a monster on my phone.
what browser you using?
Try clearing you cache as first point.
Firefox has really bad cacheing issues.
Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Clear Private data.
IE if you your on a broadband connection
Tools --> Internet options --> General --> Settings
Reduce ur cache size to 8mb, and set check for newer versions to "every time i visit a page".
Clear Tempory internet files after setting this
Safari on pc can be a tad slow, but physically sound, unless it corrupts IE's integration with Java when installing.
"Never! Update java on a pc through safari heed my warning on this"
Edit --> Empty Cache