1) No not missing the ipwner step.
Originally Posted by Nabz34
2) Yes was previously pwned and unlocked on 2.0 (its a 2g, not a 3g)..
3) yes 100% positive im putting it in DFU mode correctly. Screen stays black the whole time and message pops up in itunes. Ive used DFU mode many times in the past.
Ive been reading websites for the last 3 hours and have probably tried getting this done at least 20 times already. Just keep getting Error (6) over and over... so frustrating. I take some comfort in knowing its not just me getting this error 6 so im putting this phone down for the night before i throw it threw the wall and hopefully ill check back here tommorrow and there will be a fix.
After countless hours of getting errors... (6 mostly, but saw a -1 and a couple of 1601 1604)
I had given up on winpwn and 2.0.1, I was about to go back to my old trusty 1.1.4 and decided to do a last try with a custom firmware that was up on the bay last night, to my surprise, it worked perfectly, no errors whatsoever... Sooo I'm guessing that this version of winpwn is a bit buggy...
Mirrored on www.iphonefix.de as usual.
Thanks to CMW and Team!
WinPWN doesn't really work for me too.
1. I tried to get some custom logos in. (The Apple not the Pineapple. The pineapple sucks ;-) ), changed the root partition to 600MB. Created the ISPW -> iTunes: Error 6
2. Tried to get the stuff working the same way then on the first try but with the standard 500MB root partition -> ISPW created -> iTunes: Works like a charme. I'm now restoring my old 2.0.0 backup to this installation.
3. Tried to get the stuff working the same way as above but with root 1000MB. Winpwn crashed in his final steps at about 90-95%.
I think 500MB root partition with cydia AND installer isn't enough. Any ideas what's going on with this piece of s**t? ;-) (YEAH. I'm a little annoyed. Sorry for that *gg* But I think QA should 've always been done before releasing something buggy).
I did that all on iTunes 7.7.1 and an iPhone 3G 16GB, running Windows Vista 32bit
Running 2.0.1 with no problem
Anyone with an 2nd generation (3G) iPhone have GSM (carrier) signal after using Winpwn 18.104.22.168?
I'm always stuck at "Preparing iPhone software for restore" for about 10 minutes, then error 6.
I'm sure I got DFU correct and Pwned itune....what am I doing wrong...?
Same boat as you, looks like i am leaving the house with a ibrick, damn...........
Originally Posted by mypatpat
Same here .... Error 6.
Yes I am in DFU mode.
1.1.4 JB/UL/3.9BL on VodaUK via iLiberty+
Tried to go to 2.0.1 using WinPwn 22.214.171.124.
I keep getting various error messages shown in the thread as well. I am 100% sure I am in DFU mode too.
Not sure what to do... worse thing is, i need a phone tomorrow!
Anyone got further suggestions?