Discuss [Advice] from 1.1.1 to 2.0 with Pwnage tool on windows. at the Winpwn - Hackint0sh.org; Hi All,
My friend has an iphone he unlocked with anysim and ibrikr that has ...
[Advice] from 1.1.1 to 2.0 with Pwnage tool on windows.
My friend has an iphone he unlocked with anysim and ibrikr that has 1.1.1. I was planing on going through the winpwn route to get him at 2.0. But how would I get there with 1.1.1 firmwire installed? I was thinking of just restoring the iphone to 1.1.4 and winpwn it but I remember people had their iphones bricked like that before.
I had a similar question. Spinstorm advised the following.. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. In case you do, please report back your findings. Good luck.
1. Download iPhone 1.1.4 firmware.
2. Restore in iTunes using 1.1.4 firmware.
3. Download pwnage tool 1.0 from piratebay (1.1. seemed to be more buggy I always prefered original!).
4. Press "iPwner" button to get your 1.1.4 phone pwned as its easier than messing about with DFU in PT2.0.
5. Create custom unlocked firmware in PT2 and restore to that.
Your phone will already be pwned with the pineapple logo so all you have to do is hit restore and alt and pick the custom firmware.
You can upgrade straight to 2.0 pwned however.
But you will have to get DFU mode which is tricky. Pwning at 1.1.4 then just using restore button is easier!
BTW, make sure your title is in conformance or else this thread might be closed...i dunno, something like [1.1.1][Advice]...etc...
I also have a 1.1.1 iphone classic, jailbroken and unlocked on T-mobile. What is the best way for me to upgrade to 2.0?? I haven't been following the unlocking/jailbreaking scene for at least 6 months so I'm kind of lost now. thanks.
I have an 1st generation iPhone soft unlocked by jailbreak and anysim. Firmware version was 1.1.1.
I upgrade it to 2.0 with PwnageTool2.0 this Sunday.
I didn't restore it to 1.1.4 first as I think it's an unnecessary step.
What I did is below:
1. Backup iPhone (using iTunes);
2. Download official 2.0 firmware for 1st generation iPhone;
3. Play with PwnageTool2.0 to generate the customized firmware and install boot image to iPhone -- because it's the first time I use PwnageTool;
4. With iTune restore the customized firmware back to iPhone;
5. Auto Reboot and install, after the second reboot, I got a jailbreak and unlocked iPhone 2.0;
6. Connect to iTune to recover everything personal back to iPhone.
And the new winpwn is also available now... you should be able to manage this with it.
Last edited by kumat; 07-24-2008 at 06:17 PM.
I love Panda & Apple.
When you say download the official 2.0 software I assume you mean to do that through itunes? Do i also install it or just download it? Does it matter what itunes version I have? Can you give a more detailed step by step for upgrading from 1.1.1 to 2.0? Thanks.
No, you don't have to. Just download the right firmware with any tool.
Originally Posted by OAM
PwnageTool will try to find the firmware, but if it cannot, you can specify the location of it.
What I used is iTunes 7.7 the newest version.
And I am not using Windows, so I am afraid that I cannot figure out how to do it under windows, though I believe the approach should be very similar.
By alphatectz in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
By Yuvin in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:25 AM
By igmolinav in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM