Discuss [iPeng] iPhone/iTouch as RemoteControl for your HiFi at the Web Applications - Hackint0sh.org; coooool!
Thanks for this script!...
Thanks for this script!
Last edited by fxxxagent; 04-20-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Can someone tell me how to use this maybe some instructions please
thanks all great work!
What do you want to know?
Originally Posted by dallasnights
There's plenty of info on www.penguinlovesmusic.com
The basic idea is: You install the server (called SqueezeCenter), add a player (either a software player on your PC/Mac or a hardware player from SlimDevices or Pinnacle on your stereo and then you can browse your music database and control these players using your iPhone/iTouch.
You can also control several players and even synch them or stream to mp3, so you can use anything that can play an mp3-stream as a player (although you will not have full functionality then, eg no volume control).
Anything else you need to know?
Hello friends of Coolio. Here's a new update of iPeng, only one month after 0.4 that makes lots of use of the new architecture introduces with 0.4.
The version number 0.4.5 is to reflect the level of change to 0.4. While the latter was a technology update bringing the switch to the plugin distribution, the configurable toolbar and the plugin screen for NowPlaying, 0.4.5 is a feature upate. and a such it offers plenty of new functionality that justifies more than a ".0.1" version step.
So what's new?
- iPeng now has a special NowPlaying plugin called "MultiPlayer" control. It's got a quite unique feature since it allows you to control all of your players in one place. For SqueezeCenter users with many players this control alone will justify the use of iPeng ;-) If you already use iPeng and own several players, this update is a must.
- MultiPlayer shows all your players in a list and let's you directly
- select a player by clicking the player name. The player will become active (that is, all other NowPlaying controls will act on that player) without reloading the page.
- Change volume, skip, play/pause, power on/off
- And, sync and un-sync players. The logic is, you select the "sync" icon to the lower right of a player that you want to ADD TO ANOTHER PLAYER (that is, it will then play the same playlist as the other player), then it will let you select other players. You will see how it works ;-) To un-sync a player from a set, just click the "un-sync" icon.
- iPeng's NowPlaying screen now has a "Favorites" icon that let's you add (or remove) the current track or stream (for internet radio or music services) to your list of Favorites
- A few other NowPlaying plugins, some of the are redundant to allow for different arrangements (for example, you can put "Favorites" and "Song Info" on the same line - saves space:
- Player select - a dropdown that let's you select the current player
- Lyrics support (requires Lyrics plugin)
- The "Extras" Menu now features a "(Re) Scan Library" item that let's you add tracks to your library or do a full rescan. Useful if you don't want to fire up the full web skin after adding tracks.
- Also in "Extras": Lyrics support again (Lyrics plugin required).
As usual: have fun!
Who can help me how to set default squeeze player to play music?
Last edited by hoo; 06-03-2008 at 10:42 PM.
I've seen your previous post.
Originally Posted by hoo
Did you now succeed in installing SqueezeCenter?
What OS are you on? OSX? Windows?
Which player do you want to use. SqueezeCenter comes with "SoftSqueeze" which is a Java player and should be activated by default. You can find it on SC's Main menu (that is, when you access SC through localhost:9000 in the machine where the server is installed) under "Extras".
Actually you don't have to do that on the machine where the server is installed, you can use any machine that has a Java SE VM installed.
After you start the player, you can control it with iPeng.
If you need further help, please be more specific about what causes problems.
yes, finally i succeed with soft squeeze player, but generally this program sucks as hell, it is very slow and totally crap program for ipod touch.
Wait a moment...
You made SoftSqueeze work on iPod touch????
Or are you talking about iPeng? It's a webapp so it will never be as fast as a native app. Also, caching helps, so after doing things the first time, it should speed up a bit. Also a faster server helps-
I agree - if you load a list with 50 cover arts or so it will not be too fast but that's mainly a iPod touch issue; it's much faster with those jiggy fullscreen browsers, yet they don't have all the functionality.
If you want faster, you will have to wait for the native version.
Last edited by pippin; 06-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.
iPeng for iPhone 2.0 / 3G is there!
So, after a busy weekend doing some final fixes here’s the first version of iPeng for iPhone 2.0 / 3G (and iTouch 2.0, of course).
It finally will be a completely rewritten plugin, but for now, only some of the new stuff is ready, but it is already fully compatible to iPhone 2.0.
All of the current changes are on the NowPlaying screen (where they were needed most):
* The different pages on the NowPlaying screen now can be scrolled in and out like the Pages of the Springboard.
* You don’t need to do “two finger scrolling” to move around content pages or the playlist. We’ve all waited for this, haven’t we
Seamless Volume and “Elased Time” controls
* In former iPeng versions, you could click on the volume bar to select a volume. This was a bit inexact. Now you can drag the volume handle.
* While dragging, the current volume will permanently alter, so you can hear whether it’s what you want
* An extra overlay will show the current volume level, in case you like it VERY exact.
* For “Elapsed Time” this will show the time into the track. But no, no immediate update here, of course, your track stays on until you release the handle
And last but not least: Drag’n'Drop reordering of the Playlist
* No more clicking between tracks to change their order.
* Just touch and hold a track for more than 1.5s and it will be “elevated”. Now you can drag it along the list and drop it into the place where you want it to be.
So. Have fun. And wait for more to come ;-)
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:00 PM
By itouchyou in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 11-05-2008, 10:59 AM
By rachelolalani in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 02-28-2008, 02:09 AM
By blackjack843 in forum General
Last Post: 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
By DanChoy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM