Leopard turns off laptop due to overheating. How to avoid?
I have 10.5.6 iDeneb 1.4 upgraded to 10.5.7 by iDeneb update on Samsung R70 A007 laptop. The hardware is:
- CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500
- Chipset: Intel 965PM Express ICH8M
- RAM: 4GB Kingston (non native modules)
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS 256MB
- Sound: Realtek ALC262
- Lan: Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit
- Wi-fi: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
All hardware works fine except wi-fi and cardreader.
The problem is that the system turns the laptop off if both the cores are loaded more than 60% for a long time. Of course the laprop is hot, but that's its normal condition under heavy load. Previously, I used Windows Vista and it never shut down even if both the cores were 100% loaded for hours (gaming).
Does anybody know how to avoid that?
Thank you in advance.