Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Discuss Need help regarding Unlocking Iphone 3gs ios 4.1(bb 05.14.02) at the Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by sajidsbd Couldnt waited any longer so I tried unlocking my iphone staying ...
  1. #11
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidsbd View Post
    Couldnt waited any longer so I tried unlocking my iphone staying at os 4.1 and the process went smooth as silk. I was a bit worried of any screw up but didnt face any problems at all. so now i have a phone wich is unlocked, untethered jailbroken and all and so far its working great. Thx for the replies and also to this forum, they helped a lot.
    Just be very careful about what you install or update from Cydia. If you install something that stops your iPhone booting, then you have no way to restore to 4.1 again (because you ahve no 4.1 SHSH) and you now have iPad baseband - that means you can't restore unmodified 4.2.1 either. You are playing russian roulette by jailbreaking without a 4.1 SHSH.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  2. #12
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Just be very careful about what you install or update from Cydia. If you install something that stops your iPhone booting, then you have no way to restore to 4.1 again (because you ahve no 4.1 SHSH) and you now have iPad baseband - that means you can't restore unmodified 4.2.1 either. You are playing russian roulette by jailbreaking without a 4.1 SHSH.
    Oh.. didn't thought of that thx for the advice, can you name some popular cydia packages which many people download but they may cause problems with booting so that I can stay away from them? So far I have ifile, safari download manager, yourtube, mywi, sbsettings, sbrotator, lsrotator, psx4all, androidlockxt, multicleaner, landscapelockrotation, appsync, openssh, installous and some themes installed from cydia. Are any of these known to cause serius problems?

  3. #13
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidsbd View Post
    Oh.. didn't thought of that thx for the advice, can you name some popular cydia packages which many people download but they may cause problems with booting so that I can stay away from them? So far I have ifile, safari download manager, yourtube, mywi, sbsettings, sbrotator, lsrotator, psx4all, androidlockxt, multicleaner, landscapelockrotation, appsync, openssh, installous and some themes installed from cydia. Are any of these known to cause serius problems?
    We don't support pirates here (pay for your apps, 0.99 is cheaper than a cup of coffee - at least where I live) - appsync has been known to cause problems. Plus if you didn't pay for tweaks like multicleaner, safari download manager and lsrotator - then you are risking your stability. Pirated versions of cydia tweaks are often older versions and can have serious bugs or compatibility issues with iOS 4.1 that are fixed in the official paid version.

    This forum has a very strict policy about piracy. You are playing a very dangerous game of russian roulette (remember you can never restore 4.1 if you screw it up). If you can afford $650 for a phone, plus your carriers monthly charges then you maybe should have considered the cost of buying apps and tweaks and factored that into your original purchase budget.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  4. #14
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    We don't support pirates here (pay for your apps, 0.99 is cheaper than a cup of coffee - at least where I live) - appsync has been known to cause problems. Plus if you didn't pay for tweaks like multicleaner, safari download manager and lsrotator - then you are risking your stability. Pirated versions of cydia tweaks are often older versions and can have serious bugs or compatibility issues with iOS 4.1 that are fixed in the official paid version.

    This forum has a very strict policy about piracy. You are playing a very dangerous game of russian roulette (remember you can never restore 4.1 if you screw it up). If you can afford $650 for a phone, plus your carriers monthly charges then you maybe should have considered the cost of buying apps and tweaks and factored that into your original purchase budget.
    I did buy most of the apps but than saw a website to how to get some free apps so tried it. I will get rid of the pirated ones right away. Thx for the eye opener.

  5. #15
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi I know its an old thread of mine, and my recent entry isn't really related to unlock, but still I am posting it here and any help will be appreciated greatly. As you know I have an Iphone 3gs, new bootrom, bb 6.15.0, ios 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked via redsnow and ultrasnow respectively which is working great. During the time of my first unlock I checked and I couldn't save shsh for 4.1,only shsh of 4.2.1 was available. I also checked few months ago even then TU said that shsh of 4.1 wasn't available and added the 4.3.1 shsh. but few weeks back as I was trying to save shsh for 4.3.3 using tiny umbrella (v 4.33.0) it showed that I have shsh available for 4.1, 4.2.1 and 4.3.1!!! but not 4.3.3. Did apple stop signing 4.3.3 and started signing 4.1 suddenly? or its a mistake? I checked several times even today also and the same shsh were shown. How come apple isn't signing 4.3.3 when Itunes(v 10.2.2.14) says its the latest Ios available and prompts me to upgrade to it? I have no plan to upgrade but would like to save the shsh. Thanks in advance to Olethros, Dtube or anybody else who provides an answer.


  6. #16
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    This is most likely explained by the fact that TinyUmbrella (by default) requests SHSH through Cydia.

    Cydia has recently had various issues with this SHSH proxy (mostly due to Apple trying to block Cydia's automatic "make my life easier").

    I recommend you try to save your SHSH twice.
    First with the default settings.
    Secondly (if you don't get a 4.3.3 SHSH) go to advanced settings and untick "request SHSH from Cydia", click apply and save SHSH again. (this should give you a 4.3.3 SHSH)

    The people behind Cydia are trying to work around the Apple block - thankfully Apple hasn't yet tried to block TinyUmbrella.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. Thanks sajidsbd thanked for this post.
  8. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks the solution worked, the shsh of 4.3.3 was saved!! but what about the shsh of 4.1 that is saved? Is it showing correctly? Because when i got my phone (around Dec-Jan), 4.2.1 was already out and I thought apple had stopped signing 4.1 (I checked at that time and also later and couldn't save). But now it's saving the shsh of 4.1? Is it a mistake or I do have 4.1 shsh saved?

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidsbd View Post
    Thanks the solution worked, the shsh of 4.3.3 was saved!! but what about the shsh of 4.1 that is saved? Is it showing correctly? Because when i got my phone (around Dec-Jan), 4.2.1 was already out and I thought apple had stopped signing 4.1 (I checked at that time and also later and couldn't save). But now it's saving the shsh of 4.1? Is it a mistake or I do have 4.1 shsh saved?
    Supposedly, Apple stopped signing 4.1 SHSH requests for the 3GS on 2 December 2010 (this date might not be 100% correct but somewhere around then)

    If you told Cydia to "make my life easier" as soon as you got the phone, you might have been lucky.

    Are you sure you aren't confusing the SHSH entries with those from another iPhone you might have also requested SHSH for on your computer?
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Supposedly, Apple stopped signing 4.1 SHSH requests for the 3GS on 2 December 2010 (this date might not be 100% correct but somewhere around then)

    If you told Cydia to "make my life easier" as soon as you got the phone, you might have been lucky.

    Are you sure you aren't confusing the SHSH entries with those from another iPhone you might have also requested SHSH for on your computer?
    I got the phone a day or two before my first post in this thread, that is around the end of December 2010 (probably 28th of December), It came with 4.1 pre-installed and no attempt to save shsh, jailbreak or unlock was done on it prior that time. I tried to save shsh at that time but TU (TinyUmbrella) only saved 4.2.1 and said shsh of 4.1 wasn't available. Cydia's "make my life easier" was also first done during the beginning of January, during my first jailbreak. I also checked several times later but TU didn't save 4.1. But a month ago when I checked, TU saved 4.3.1 and also 4.1! The other iphone, that was ever connected to my PC was an iPhone 2g, but TU shows the saved shsh is for iphone 3gs (my current one)

    TU log from today:
    "05/25/2011 19:41:37.644 You have saved your iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.

    Is it a mistake, or do you think I some how got lucky?

  11. #20
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidsbd View Post
    I got the phone a day or two before my first post in this thread, that is around the end of December 2010 (probably 28th of December), It came with 4.1 pre-installed and no attempt to save shsh, jailbreak or unlock was done on it prior that time. I tried to save shsh at that time but TU (TinyUmbrella) only saved 4.2.1 and said shsh of 4.1 wasn't available. Cydia's "make my life easier" was also first done during the beginning of January, during my first jailbreak. I also checked several times later but TU didn't save 4.1. But a month ago when I checked, TU saved 4.3.1 and also 4.1! The other iphone, that was ever connected to my PC was an iPhone 2g, but TU shows the saved shsh is for iphone 3gs (my current one)

    TU log from today:
    "05/25/2011 19:41:37.644 You have saved your iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.

    Is it a mistake, or do you think I some how got lucky?
    Looks like you somehow got lucky.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
  2. [1.1.3otb]is unlocking a 16gb iphone same as unlocking a 8gb
    By niksy_nik7 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:20 PM.
twitter, follow us!