Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76
Discuss Howto: restore iPhone 3G, 3GS running 6.15.00 BB at the Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Gill012 Firstly, I did download PwnageTool 4.1.3 aswell as the Bundle pack ...
  1. #51
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Firstly, I did download PwnageTool 4.1.3 aswell as the Bundle pack provided in this link
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Add a Firmware Bundle to PwnageTool . This guide only shows you how to add the bundle to Pwnagetool. I’ve searched for a tutorial to see what to do next but didn’t find anything useful. Haven’t run the program yet so I’m not sure what I must presicely do with pwnagetools after I’ve added the bundle and it has detected my Iphone.
    There isn't a specific guide for what you are trying to do.
    First - download the 4.2.1 3GS IPSW from here http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm - be sure to browse for this IPSW in step 5.
    You can use something like this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] as a grough uide. It's for 4.1 and you need to change a few of the steps (as I explain below) but it's similar.
    Step 6 may not appear but if it does - say NO - you don't need the iPad IPSW or the iPad baseband.
    Step 7 - untick "activate iPhone", make sure "update baseband is greyed out or if it isn't make sure it is NOT ticked"
    skip installing OpenSSH
    From Step 8 onwards, you can just follow the procedure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Secondly, I downloaded redsn0w and found a tutorial to Jailbreak your 3GS iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]
    I dont see where I can specify old bootrom in the tutorial, is there maybe a older version I need to get or should I just proceed without specifiying that I have a old bootrom.
    The guide includes this step
    You will be asked if this device is a newer fixed model. If yours is then click the Yes button; otherwise, click the No button. At this time you can only perform a tethered jailbreak on the newer model.
    and a screenshot. This is where you say "No" - because you have an old bootrom 3GS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Lastly, Looking at the ultrasn0w tutorial UltraSn0w : iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w for unlocking it seems as if you need internet to perform the unlocking process, they didn't mention it at all that you need to be connected to the internet but I just want to make sure that I dont need to be connected through my PC or through a wireless connection.
    Your iPhone generally needs wifi or 3G internet access to update Cydia and install ultrasn0w/mobile substrate. There are workarounds for this ( http://www.hackint0sh.org/f204/76301...htm#post691232 and iClarified - iPhone - How to Auto Install a DEB File Using Cydia for example.)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  2. #52
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Firstly, I did download PwnageTool 4.1.3 aswell as the Bundle pack provided in this link
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Add a Firmware Bundle to PwnageTool . This guide only shows you how to add the bundle to Pwnagetool. Iíve searched for a tutorial to see what to do next but didnít find anything useful. Havenít run the program yet so Iím not sure what I must presicely do with pwnagetools after Iíve added the bundle and it has detected my Iphone.
    There isn't a specific guide for what you are trying to do.
    First - download the 4.2.1 3GS IPSW from here http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm - be sure to browse for this IPSW in step 5.
    You can use something like this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] as a grough uide. It's for 4.1 and you need to change a few of the steps (as I explain below) but it's similar.
    Step 6 may not appear but if it does - say NO - you don't need the iPad IPSW or the iPad baseband.
    Step 7 - untick "activate iPhone", make sure "update baseband is greyed out or if it isn't make sure it is NOT ticked"
    skip installing OpenSSH
    From Step 8 onwards, you can just follow the procedure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Secondly, I downloaded redsn0w and found a tutorial to Jailbreak your 3GS iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]
    I dont see where I can specify old bootrom in the tutorial, is there maybe a older version I need to get or should I just proceed without specifiying that I have a old bootrom.
    The guide includes this step
    You will be asked if this device is a newer fixed model. If yours is then click the Yes button; otherwise, click the No button. At this time you can only perform a tethered jailbreak on the newer model.
    and a screenshot. This is where you say "No" - because you have an old bootrom 3GS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gill012 View Post
    Lastly, Looking at the ultrasn0w tutorial UltraSn0w : iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w for unlocking it seems as if you need internet to perform the unlocking process, they didn't mention it at all that you need to be connected to the internet but I just want to make sure that I dont need to be connected through my PC or through a wireless connection.
    Your iPhone generally needs wifi or 3G internet access to update Cydia and install ultrasn0w/mobile substrate. There are workarounds for this ( http://www.hackint0sh.org/f204/76301...htm#post691232 and iClarified - iPhone - How to Auto Install a DEB File Using Cydia for example.)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #53
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    There isn't a specific guide for what you are trying to do.
    First - download the 4.2.1 3GS IPSW from here http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm - be sure to browse for this IPSW in step 5.
    You can use something like this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1] as a grough uide. It's for 4.1 and you need to change a few of the steps (as I explain below) but it's similar.
    Step 6 may not appear but if it does - say NO - you don't need the iPad IPSW or the iPad baseband.
    Step 7 - untick "activate iPhone", make sure "update baseband is greyed out or if it isn't make sure it is NOT ticked"
    skip installing OpenSSH
    From Step 8 onwards, you can just follow the procedure.



    The guide includes this step and a screenshot. This is where you say "No" - because you have an old bootrom 3GS.




    Your iPhone generally needs wifi or 3G internet access to update Cydia and install ultrasn0w/mobile substrate. There are workarounds for this ( http://www.hackint0sh.org/f204/76301...htm#post691232 and iClarified - iPhone - How to Auto Install a DEB File Using Cydia for example.)
    Evening,

    Thanks for the quick reply on my post appreciate it.

    I've tried what you suggested but ran into a unexpected error. When I ran pwnagetool and tried to load the ipsw it said incorrect firmware bundle selected, I tried using both the firmware bundles from http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm and http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13009 with the pwnagetool from the last mentioned site.

    I cant understand why it doesnt want to accept the the ipsw, Should my iphone be connected in a specific way that I missed or is it my pwnagetool version or what.

    It really frustrating to get so close to fixing my iphone and then getting this kind of obstacle....

    PS. Just went again through the http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13009 guide after I make this post and I realized the steps are different from the guide you provided http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=13001.

    Is there a reason why these guides are different and should I try using the first link's guide?

    Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by Gill012; 01-25-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: website link added & realized something

  4. #54
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey guys,
    My friend has an iPhone 3G unlocked T-Mobile.
    He was on 3.1.2 not sure what his baseband was, he downgraded to 3.1.2 from 4.1

    I used redsn0w to unlock. unfortunately I was trying to walk him through it and forgot to tell him to update to stock 4.2.1 before using redsn0w
    Anyways redsn0w ran and finished but got stuck on the apple logo while booting.
    After restarting it is in a endless recovery loop. Tiny Umbrella doesn't work to kick it out.
    The baseband is 6.15.00 now since stock firmware won't work anymore.
    Tried to dfu restore with stock and custom 4.1, stock 4.2.1, custom 4.2.1 with and without baseband update.
    All give 1600, 1611 error.
    I can post logs once I can get them if need be.
    He has shsh blobs for all 4.x firmware, but not needed since its 3G

    I don't think I can downgrade the baseband because I don't have access to the file system.

    Any ideas?

    Update: Well I tried restoring on my laptop with windows 7.
    I sucessfully installed 4.1 stock. It does have 6.15.00 bb.
    Is there a way to update to 4.2.1 with redsn0w now?
    Last edited by cfull1; 01-26-2011 at 02:02 AM.

  5. #55
    Newbie Array yyahlo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Stuck at recovery mode.

    a few months back i jail broke and activated my iPhone 3g with redsn0w 0.9.6b6
    I downloaded the iPad baseband thinking I could download apps that could only be played on the iPad, - apparently I was wrong.
    anyway, early today my itunes said that it could not read my phone, and I forgot that you cant restore with the iPad baseband, so the recovery ever goes through and now my phone is stuck at the itunes logo and USB cord.


    ive tried to re jailbreak it but that hasn't done anything.

    any advice would be greatly appreciated.


  6. #56
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default help restoring 3gs on baseband 06.15.00

    i was on ios 4.2.1 with baseband 06.15.00 on my 3gs. the phone crashed and it wouldn't boot back up again. i tried to restore using itunes, it gave me error 1015. i remember reading that i have to use custom firmware if im on the ipad baseband, how would i be able to restore back to 4.2.1 and have my phone working again? please help!!!

  7. #57
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I think I fucked up my phone please help

    Ok so I followed the iClarified tutorial about jailbreaking and unlocking my phone on 4.2.1 by upgrading the baseband to the iPad baseband so I can use ultrasnow to unlock it. Then after I realized my wifi doesn't work so I used DiskAid to install ultrasnow manually. After it got stuck on the apple boot logo so I just rebooted it on DFU mode restored it to 4.2.1 and tried to do the redsn0w process all over again and now it won't go through the process of finishing jailbreaking the phone it just sits there on the pineapple display doing everything to the baseband(don't interrupt) then just resets itself and iTunes wants me to restore it. But if I do that I'm afraid that it will set the baseband too high so I wouldn't be able to unlock it at all.

  8. #58
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey Guys,

    Got a good news for ya all...Just read through the internet, unlock for iPhone 3G with Baseband 06:15:00 is on its way...coming tomorrow...To check out the video and entire details check out:


    Michael
    Last edited by Olethros; 03-25-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: remove linkbait url

  9. #59
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwilliams View Post
    Hey Guys,

    Got a good news for ya all...Just read through the internet, unlock for iPhone 3G with Baseband 06:15:00 is on its way...coming tomorrow...To check out the video and entire details check out:


    Michael
    do you have a link for this? i have a iPhone 3G, 4.2.1, jailbroken with redsn0w, unlocked with ultrasn0w, upgraded bb to 06.15.00. for some reason phone wont unlock properly. have tried everything, please help

  10. #60
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigterry420 View Post
    do you have a link for this? i have a iPhone 3G, 4.2.1, jailbroken with redsn0w, unlocked with ultrasn0w, upgraded bb to 06.15.00. for some reason phone wont unlock properly. have tried everything, please help
    Then your problem is likely a corrupted baseband/NVRAM or a physical hardware issue (with the phone or the SIM card). The post you have quoted originally contained spam and cannot be trusted as a reliable source.

    Post your restore log / syslog and we might be able to help you (but it's unlikely as if ultrasn0w doesn't work - then there likely isn't any easy fix)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone, iPod Touch: [HowTo] report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    By Olethros in forum Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. [1.1.2 OTB] [HowTo] Keep iPhone running fast
    By fallende in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 04:14 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:47 AM.
twitter, follow us!