Tutorial: iatkos v7 on Dell Inspiron 1525
I'm going to start by thanking all the great peeps here at Hackint0sh.org for all the guides, and information that made this possible. I did a few google searches earlier trying to find a guide to getting OS X on a Dell Inspiron 1525 only to find a guide that uses another distro... Kaly or w/e. Well, after not being satisfied with the way kaly was working, I decided to try iAtkos v7
This post is mainly just to confirm that all is working with iAtkos v7 and the inspiron 1525... I can't really remember the whole install process but this is basically all I did...
- Pop the DVD in, let it load (don't do anything... just let it load).
- Format the drive as usual.
- Go to Customize before you install, and pick the relevant drivers...
- The vid drivers work perfect. (intel 3100 or something)
- The WiFi drivers work perfect. (broadcom)
- As for the PS2 mouse stuff... deselect the voodoo stuff, and use the apple one.
- DO NOT SELECT ANY AUDIO DRIVERS DURING INSTALL (remove the ones pre-selected)
- The sound codec stuff can be found on the net, it's a sigmatel 9220 or 92xx, and it works perfect.
I know this guide is a bit vague (it's 4am....), but it should get ya through! As I'm a newb my-self at this stuff, I'll try to help as much as I can with your issues.
There is still an issue with the sleep mode... Once it starts up, it will auto sleep (or it thinks it is..), close the lid and unplug the power for about 10-15 mins, come back open the lid and it should wake up. DO NOT SET IT TO WHERE IT WILL NOT SLEEP... reason being, it will still go to sleep on boot, and this time you wont be able to wake it.
I'm looking for a solution to this issue atm, because thats what I did...
was banging my head but now...
im almost there...
im running a 1525 with 4gb ram and the 2.2 ghz intel core 2 dou...still trying to get everything worked out...ie ethernet and audio...def a noob to this but i think itll so be worth it when im doneski...
if u can provide any additional help in the ethernet of audio it'll be appreciated...