so our machines are same.
Pardon my ignorance with grahics RAM thing. I am not a geek and I am doing all hackintosh thing just because we use mac at work and I can't afford mac at home. Have to do work things at home so don't have much options.
I will try your setup during the weekend and post back if get across any issue. Hope you will help me out.
Thanks in advance.
It's cool. it's not really ignorant to confuse the two. And personally, I just made my computer into a hackintosh just coz I was bored.
Whether you can afford it or not doesn't matter. It's a Hackintosh of all things. Have fun!
I messed it up somehow.
I managed to install but it messed up boot record and now it can not find windows, says no OS found. I followed steps exactly as you mentioned, except, I didn't find an option to choose Intel chipset. I have attached screenshots of iDeneb distribution I am using. DO you have any suggestion?
Any solution you have?
Thanks in advance.
I read through this thread and learned that you are just 16, really? If so, I take off my hat in your respect. You ARE smart, be good dude, use the knowledge for good causes.
BTW, ignore my previous message, I freaked out. It did miss MBR but I tried to restore windows by pressing ALT+F10 at the time of booting and it showed up Acer eRecovery program, just let the screen open for 5 min or so thinking what to do and then exit. Rebooted the system, windows loaded.
I would like to mention few additions/corrections (based on iDeneb v 1.5.1 10.5.7) but we will take it once my system is functioning as I don't know yet if they are really required.
Now my issues are (to begin with) -
1. The Mac OS is installed but i have to type -v busratio=17 all the time I shut down and start the machine. I wonder if there is anyway that I hard code this thing so that I don't have to type it always.
2. The resolution I get is 1024 x 768 and the native resolution is 1366 x 768. Is there anyway that it can be fixed? It looks rather stretchy otherwise.
3. How to get internet working. Neither wi-fi nor wired connection is identified by mac system.
4*. I think audio is not working either.
5*. How do you make sure that microphone and webcam is working too?
BTW, just FYI, I had no problems with my keyboard or touchpad (even though I had USB keyboard and mouse connected as per your instructions)
I will be really glad if you could provide didactic instruction for the resolution of my issues.
Many thanks in advance.
(P.S. - Asterisked issues are not essential but the others are)
I'd like Ookikies to answer your questions, as this is his thread and guide.
But here are some quick things you may want to know.
1. -v is for verbose output and could be omitted, usually.
2. Required busratio boot flag is due to kernel support. Ix Core won't get full kernel/system support until 10.6.4 SL. So, any other previous versions would need that particular boot flag, mostly.
3. Yes, you can edit your Boot.plist to add entry for it to simplify booting sequences.
4. Video resolution would need correct kext for better support. If not available then an entry in Boot.plist could also set the correct resolution, to an extend.
As I mentioned earlier, I am not a geek so I understand your comment but boot.plist and stuff, I will need didactic instructions.
Lets wait till ookikies replies, it looks like he managed to get alls sorted out. He may have some suggestion.
There's your answers :D
Originally Posted by teejay
I don't know if its this easy but is it possible that if I use these .kext files from your machine, they will work on mine too, taking into account both our machines are same?
Well, kexts for certain things depend on the hardware you have.
But if you're asking if I have those kexts, nope... Sorry.
Well I searched for the kexts for my hardware (which is exactly same as yours) but failed to find any, hence I am stuck with the installed OS with non-functioning display, ethernet and audio.
Meanwhile, I also tried various distros from Hazard iAtkos but none of them worked. So only option I am left with is to request you, if you would mind making a machine image and sharing it with me. I know its way too much to ask for but since you managed to get everything worked, I guess, thats the only way. I don't even know if you can really make an image and restore like you can in windows. If you wish to help me out, this is a sincere request. No worries if you don't want to though..
Thanks in advance.