BTW: I got more than 7 hours of battery life today. Still fantastic!
Hi...thanks for all your efforts wingzero...just one question: I can't seem to find a link or post with the installation guide, can someone point me to it? I watched the vids and have looked through the zip...maybe I missed it, though.
Sorry if it's obvious and I'm just being an idiot!
Take me to page 4! Click Click!
Thanks for the kind remarks. Hope all works out well on your project.
Firstly, I can't thank you enough for all your hard work and correspondence with everyone here. You've got me sold on putting one of these together. And your guide is quite excellent.
I have an MSI Wind hackintosh that I put together, but this one is a little bit different of a challenge. I apologize if these qustions are redundant but I couldn't find clear answers in the 9 pages of this forum topic. These are my questions:
1. Did you use standard RAM or so called "Mac Ram"? Is one better than the other? I will be dual-booting Windows. Would that run fine if I used Kingston's "Mac RAM"? It's actually a little cheaper than their same spec'd standard chip.
2. I'm probably going to pick up a half-height Dell 1510 to replace the wifi. Do I have to take the the keyboard off to replace that card? In your photo it looks like I'd only need to unscrew the hard drive cover on the bottom to swap the Wifi card, but you also have the keyboard/display half detached.
3. It says that Multi-touch works on the tracpad. Does that mean 2-finger scrolling? Pinch and Rotate? Can tap-click be disabled? And in your mac preferences menu does it list the "Tracpad" preference pane?
Thank you again for all your work on this project. It is so greatly appreciated.
The download link is broken again, also is it easy to replace the hdd in the NB200? Thanks Jasen
@ja5en: I do apologize for the links not being available. I am currently revising the essential package to include the ethernet fix for those of you who can't get a hold of a new WiFi chip or USB WiFi adapter. I will have those up by this evening.
I only discovered this forum yesterday after i stumbled upon the idea of running Mac on my NB200 laptop. Before I even realised that i could use iDeneb, i did it with the genuine Leopard DVD i have for my home Mac. Of course most things don't work, which is why I see people use iDeneb.
I have a few questions:
1. Does the OS support dual processors? Nowhere on this tutorial have I read about it supporting dual core with hyperthreading, even though the NB200 can do this.
2. Whats' the differences between the versions of iDeneb? The one i downloaded says it supports Atheros wifi yet this forum says it don't work.
3. On inpulse after reading you can swap out the wifi card, i bid a nice new high end N-capable mini wifi on Ebay to discover there isn't a kext for it :mad: Is there a list of what items ARE supported for the whole OSX family?
4. Does it matter if you have 1GB or 2 GB of internal memory? Will it run faster?
5. Will swapping out the HDD for a Transcend 192GB 2.5" SATA-II SSD make everything run faster, and will the SATA-II speed of 300 be supported?
6. The VGA output on the left side of the NB200 is very useful under Windows7 for connecting to a projector, does iDeneb support the VGA output too for the same functionality? It'd be great to watch movies on the big screen running off my NB200. Better still, can you connect any type of external VGA monitor to increase the size of the screen? I have a 24" widescreen monitor screaming out to be used with my new mac setup.
Sorry for the tonnes of questions, but i'm sure these answers will help future guys sort out their NB200 installation. I'm waiting for the essentials package to be available again so I can download it.
p.s. i'm from the UK so we don't have the NB205, but its the same spec. In fact I don't underastand why the US has the NB200 AND the 205 when the specs are identical!
Intel Atom N280 is a Single core CHip link --> Intel Atom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MacOSX will support multi core quad core .. What have you read ?
What version you running of iDeneb im 1.4v and no wifi wokring. if you have 1.5 then instll and see if it works.
Look here for what works in HCL 10.5.7 - OSx86
- Having 2GB Will enable you to run more programs But the speed of the CPU is set -- Ram wont make it run faster just enable you to run more programs etc and free up system memory -- so if you use lots of apps your computer will be bogged down -- installing more RAM will free up system rescources and it will seem to make it faster!
I think the Video memory is 128MG that may run a 24inch TFT