[GUIDE]Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965 Installation
Follow these steps and you will have almost everything working
✔Video Card (Resolution Only, NO QE)
? Sleep (Maybe Someone Can Suggest A Fix)
===You May Or May Not Encounter This Problem, If You Update To 10.5.7 With iDeneb Update Package Your USB May Stop Working. Mine Did, So if You Want Too You Can, But I Don't Advise It===
===Download Drivers In Attachments!===
Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965 Installation
1. Ok first what i did was obtain iDeneb V 1.4 from ideneb.net.
2. Then burned with windows iso burner in windows 7
3. Then Download Paartition Wizard Home Edition Here
===IMPORTANT BACKUP DATA===
4. After it is downloaded and installed open it.
5. Right click on C and hit move/resize.
6. Drag the right slider to the desired mac hdd size and hit ok.
7. Right click the new partition and hit create.
8. under create as make it primary and file system as unformatted and hit ok.
9. Then Click apply, it will give you an error saying the disk is in use just hit restart and let it partition.
10. When it is done and goes back to windows reboot, make sure the iDeneb Install Disc is in the dvd drive, & hit f12 at bios screen to go into boot menu.
11. Then chose to boot from CD/DVD.
12. Wait for it to load.
13. Click Utilities from top menu, then Disk Utility.
14. Click your newly made mac os x partition that we made in windows.
15. Click the erase tab.
16. Make sure Volume Format is : Mac OS Extended (Journeled) & Name it Mac OS X.
17. Click Erase.
18. Then Close Disk Utility.
19. Click Continue, Agree, then choose the newly formatted drive and click next.
20. Then click customize
21. Now expand "Patches 10.5.6 Ready."
22. Don't check Alternative Essentials Patch or Audio, check all for Chipset, Then Expand Kernel & Check Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo
23. Don't check Audio, and in fix check CPUS=1, Seatbelt Fix, IOUSBFamilyFix, & Battery Manager.
24. Select what you want in Applications (MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL OSX86TOOLS!!), and don't select any video drivers.
25. Click Done, then install and let it install
26. When it is done click restart
27. Follow the system setup when prompted to (USB Keyboard & mouse May need to be connected for this, i didnt need it tho.)
28. Then unzip the folder Mac Drivers For A505-S6965, (In attachments)
29. Then install The LAN Driver First & DO NOT REATART!
28. Open OSX86Tool In Applications & Hit Install Kexts.
29. Browse To The Sound Kext & Hit Install.
30. DONT RESTART!
31. Now Goto Spotlight Search In The Top Right Corner & Type Disk Utility, and open it.
32. Once opened click your Mac HDD & click Repair Permissions.
33. Then you can restart.
34. Then Goto System Preferences>Sound & Click Show sound in top Menu Bar.
35. Now For USB (YOU WILL GET A KERNEL PANIC IF YOU TRY TO PLUG ANY USB DEVICE IN BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS!)
36. goto ideneb.net, click downloads, MacOSXUpdates, 10.5.7, then download iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg.
37. Then Go through install and when you get to the choosing what you want page click the first check box for all and the USBFamilyFix, & Original 10.5.7 Kext, Then install and Reboot.
38. Congrats You Secuessfully installed Mac OS X 10.5.6 On Your Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965, Problems? Questions? Post it Below & If Anyone has a Sleep Fix Please Post It! Thanks!
:::UPDATE Aug 10, 10:::
To Get Native Resolution Download This Kext Unzip And Install Using OSX Tools. Once it is installed, open disk utility and, select your hard drive, then click repair permissions. Then reboot.
:::UPDATE OCT 26, 10:::
I plan to try and update to snow leo 10.6.x retail within the next week or so, if it is a success i will post instructions. Stay Tuned :D! This will happen when i decide to update windows will happen eventually.
:::UPDATE NOV, 30, 10:::
If you want to dual boot osx and windows click here
GOOD NEWS!! Ive got all the supplies i need to install snow leopard on my computer. I will post instrutions when i have a working config on Friday or Saturday.
Sorry for the wait but its almost here!
1. If you cannot mount DMG's ie. Kernel panic reboot with the ideneb 1.4 install DVD and uncheck everything except the seatbelt fix
2. Links Fixed :D