1005HA 1000HE osx windows 7 dualboot install from USB flash drive
1000HE / 1005HA OSX install. (dualboot and usb boot instructions below for windows 7 and OSX)
A majority of this was taken from vomlovontol on youtube.
1. Start off by installing ideneb 1.3 download here: ideneb download
2. Push F2 upon starting your computer and go into startup to set your usb device (external dvd or usb flash as primary and your internal hard drive as secondary startup) restart and load ideneb.
3. CLick next and go to the top toolbar and choose something called Start disk utility format it as journaled (extended) or partition it however. If you want to do a dualboot set the 2nd partition as fat32 so when you install windows it will read it. Make sure to install MAC first!
4. Exit disk utility and choose lepoard as hdd
5. Click on customize and choose apps and kext
under chipset - Ichx fixed
under fixes - ACPI - Fix
video - intel GMA 950
under applications - kexthelper,
6. Click install.
7. Download all the files here: LinkSave.in
8. install ideneb.tool.rev1 from folder 1,
9. After that reboot and install ideneb.mac0sx86updcombo10.5.6,
10. restart then install all kext files from folder 3 using osx86tools kext tool then restart
11. then install the kex file from folder 4 using osx86tools kext tool then restart
12. now do a normal mac update to 10.5.7 install all updates.
11. Now to fix the resolution install the kext file from folder 5 using osx86tools kext helper and restart and you will have 10.5.7
USB bootable flash drive for OSX - need to do this on a windows OS
1. Format your usb flash drive using HP format utility in windows choose quick format and FAT32 you can download HP format utility
2. Download the ideneb version you want
1.3 torrent - Here
1.4 torrent - Here
1.5 torrent - Here
3. Download leopard HD helper from here
4. Open the file ddmac and choose your ideneb iso on the top.
5. On the next section large drop down select your flash drive in the image below it shows up as e: but before you select your flash drive make sure to uncheck the ?? checked box by the ??! button.
6. Select your flash drive and then recheck the ??
7. Make sure the last drop down is your windows drive in the image you see that as c:.
Now click the ??! button and once the process is finished you have a bootable iDeneb flash drive.
USB flash drive for Windows 7 (Tutorial was taken from Here) This is done on a Windows OS
1. Open up command promt or type cmd in run
Type the following:
SELECT DISK 1 (select your usb flash drive)
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
3. then load win 7 into your dvd or load the iso image
4. Now go back to cmd if you left it open type exit or reopen a new cmd.
Type the following:
D: (whatever letter your windows directory is locate in)
D: CD BOOT
BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 H: (D = where my win7 cd is & H = usb flash drive in this case)
Now simply transfer all of the files from the Iso or DVD onto the flash disk and you will be able to install windows vista / 7 on a bootable flash drive.
If you want OSX and Windows as a dual boot.
1. Load OSX and go into disk utility set your HD partition up however you want to make it easier make it 2 separate partitions. Set your 2nd partition as mac extended journaled and your 1st partition as fat (so windows can recognize it)
install osx on the 2nd partition then restart and you will be able to boot into OSX.
2. Restart and load your windows cd / dvd vista or windows 7. Go to custom and select to format your 1st partition and install windows on that partition. Remember to not delete the 200MB partition that OSX creates during installation.You will then be able to boot into windows upon restart but not OSX. Next boot into windows without cd/dvd and download Easy BCD Here
go into add/remove entry click on the Mac tab and go to generic x86 PC and add entry restart and you will be able to choose either osx or windows to boot into. Again remember to not delete the 200MB partition that OSX creates during installation when installing windows. I learned it the hard way and ended up installing everything twice.