Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415162656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 621
Discuss Mac OS X Leopard on Toshiba NB205 Netbook at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #51
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bought TOSHIBA NB 200-10Z from currys in UK - 339

    Just got back and installing iDeneb v1.4 - everything seems to be same as wingzero619 tutorial ecexpt:

    Patched->Kernal-> 9.5 Voodoo -- Is all I get with v1.4

    So ive select that and has 10 mins left

    @wingzero619 When you format the drive - your saying dont select GUILD when you partition it ?


  2. #52
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    Bought TOSHIBA NB 200-10Z from currys in UK - 339

    Just got back and installing iDeneb v1.4 - everything seems to be same as wingzero619 tutorial ecexpt:

    Patched->Kernal-> 9.5 Voodoo -- Is all I get with v1.4

    So ive select that and has 10 mins left

    @wingzero619 When you format the drive - your saying dont select GUILD when you partition it ?
    Hopefully the kernel works for you. If not, then go with the original tutorial using iDeneb v1.3. When I format the drive, I strictly use the MAC OSX Extended (journaled) option.

  3. #53
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero619 View Post
    Hopefully the kernel works for you. If not, then go with the original tutorial using iDeneb v1.3. When I format the drive, I strictly use the MAC OSX Extended (journaled) option.


    Made the install ok -- then I went to post- install - went into install options
    did the Type: $-s But pressed return So did not type rest of codes and its booted now I see the Welcome screen ie select country etc how you type the rest of codes without booting ?

  4. #54
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post


    Made the install ok -- then I went to post- install - went into install options
    did the Type: $-s But pressed return So did not type rest of codes and its booted now I see the Welcome screen ie select country etc how you type the rest of codes without booting ?
    You would use the terminal if you were to become in an endless loop during the transfer phase of your installation (during the setup process where they ask you if you have a mac or if you want to transfer info from a mac). Did you end up in and endless loop? If you did, you would have to reboot and when it asks you to press any key to go to options (before darwin boot loader) then you start typing in the commands in the terminal, hitting enter after each command.

  5. #55
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero619 View Post
    You would use the terminal if you were to become in an endless loop during the transfer phase of your installation (during the setup process where they ask you if you have a mac or if you want to transfer info from a mac). Did you end up in and endless loop? If you did, you would have to reboot and when it asks you to press any key to go to options (before darwin boot loader) then you start typing in the commands in the terminal, hitting enter after each command.
    aww ok no sign of endless loop yet ... just booted into OSX so I will proceed to final installs ie OSX essentials pack ,Quartz upgrade pack , MACOSX upgrade pack


  6. #56
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    aww ok no sign of endless loop yet ... just booted into OSX so I will proceed to final installs ie OSX essentials pack ,Quartz upgrade pack , MACOSX upgrade pack
    Awesome! Glad you made it that far. Now it's all about fixing it up to get it working correctly. Nice to see someone post up a pic of their accomplishments/status on this conversion. When you're done, if you can do everyone a favor by posting some instructions using your method, or at least identify the differences of installation IE using iDeneb v1.4. That's awesome. Keep us posted with new pics and notes.

  7. #57
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 10.5.7 combo upgrade to Kalyway install?

    Wingzero619, thanks for the great guide, really appreciate the time you put into this and then for sharing it all. I have OS X running on my Toshiba NB205, dual boot with XP. I used Disk Director 10 ($37.49 online direct from Acronis) which also comes with Boot Manager so I can easily choose which os I want at start. Disk director was very straightforward and easy to use in partitioning the HD, so that part was easy. Unfortunately I didn't find your tutorial until I had already loaded OS 10.5.4 using the Kalyway iso. The tools you provided in your essential download have helped greatly in getting some of the peripheral issues revolved. As with everyone else, I'm still hoping someone will figure out a kext for the Atheros LAN adapter, but I'll go with an USB one in the meantime. So now for a question: I know you don't use the Kalyway sw, but do you know if I can upgrade the Kalyway OS X install using the 10.5.7 combo pack s/w included in your essentials pack? Thanks again.

  8. #58
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NB205Mac View Post
    Wingzero619, thanks for the great guide, really appreciate the time you put into this and then for sharing it all. I have OS X running on my Toshiba NB205, dual boot with XP. I used Disk Director 10 ($37.49 online direct from Acronis) which also comes with Boot Manager so I can easily choose which os I want at start. Disk director was very straightforward and easy to use in partitioning the HD, so that part was easy. Unfortunately I didn't find your tutorial until I had already loaded OS 10.5.4 using the Kalyway iso. The tools you provided in your essential download have helped greatly in getting some of the peripheral issues revolved. As with everyone else, I'm still hoping someone will figure out a kext for the Atheros LAN adapter, but I'll go with an USB one in the meantime. So now for a question: I know you don't use the Kalyway sw, but do you know if I can upgrade the Kalyway OS X install using the 10.5.7 combo pack s/w included in your essentials pack? Thanks again.
    Thank you for the kind comments. I'm sorry to hear that you found this after you installed 10.5.4. For me, I needed the 10.5.7 update so that I can use Apple's SDK package and needed the bluetooth function to be corrected for tethering purposes. Glad to hear that my essential packs helped you resolve some issues with your NB205MAC. Gotta love the name lol.

    If you're going to use a USB WiFi adapter, please keep in mind only certain makes and models will work as long as you have the correct kexts for those chip sets. I've posted that the Linksys WUSB54GC is compatible with the RaLink WiFi utility software as long as you have the correct kexts to enable the hardware.

    I don't think it matters what you used to install OSX when you are thinking about upgrading it to 10.5.7. The Combo Pack was downloaded directly from Apple's website. If you decide to use it, make sure to backup your data. I don't know how your nb will handle the upgrade. In my instructions, you have to use the VooDooPS2 in order for your trackpad to work. Give it a try and let us know if it's possible. Thanks for using my guide.

  9. #59
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero619 View Post
    Awesome! Glad you made it that far. Now it's all about fixing it up to get it working correctly. Nice to see someone post up a pic of their accomplishments/status on this conversion. When you're done, if you can do everyone a favor by posting some instructions using your method, or at least identify the differences of installation IE using iDeneb v1.4. That's awesome. Keep us posted with new pics and notes.
    @wingzero619
    Got a complete install now! I will post more info when done -- Its very important to follow word for word when following this guide!
    DOnt have bluetooth working or WIFI -- battery status is cool - need to get on Net.
    - Boots into OSX fine - ive tried a USB Dell Bluetooth to try and Tether my iphone to get on Net no luck with that -- also have a USB WIFI stick (belkin wirelessG) - you did mention Ethernet not working right?

    Thanks again for your efforts in this -- truley great guide mate.

  10. #60
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    @wingzero619
    Got a complete install now! I will post more info when done -- Its very important to follow word for word when following this guide!
    DOnt have bluetooth working or WIFI -- battery status is cool - need to get on Net.
    - Boots into OSX fine - ive tried a USB Dell Bluetooth to try and Tether my iphone to get on Net no luck with that -- also have a USB WIFI stick (belkin wirelessG) - you did mention Ethernet not working right?

    Thanks again for your efforts in this -- truley great guide mate.
    @calic0: You're right, you'll have to follow it word for word to get it up and running like I did. Of course, if anyone finds a more efficient way, please post your success. Rocketfish USB bluetooth dongle is compatible because I used it. If your iPhone is hacked to use tethering, all you need is the standard USB connection and the newest iTunes 8.2. This will enable it. I highly recommend that method. Did you ever get your Belkin wireless G to work? Let us know. You are correct regarding my ethernet jack not working. I don't use it anyway, so I don't mind. I'm always on a WiFi network.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
  4. Snow Leopard super slow on Toshiba NB255 netbook
    By AnonymousR1 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
  5. OSX Leopard on Toshiba NB205 Netbook
    By wingzero619 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:00 AM.
twitter, follow us!