Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 621
Discuss Mac OS X Leopard on Toshiba NB205 Netbook at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by JBauer Yo wingzero, Thanks so much for the installation videos. I will ...
  1. #101
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
    Yo wingzero,

    Thanks so much for the installation videos. I will definitely check them out later. I am still waiting for my NB205.

    Much obliged,
    JBauer...
    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    Thanks for your time in doing these -- this is a great help to everyone well done mate.
    @JBauer: Not a problem. I just like helping people when I can. I've seen many tutorials on here that are pretty good and plain. I wanted to go the extra mile and put in a nice static tutorial for and video tutorials for enthusiast such as yourselves.

    @calic0: It's been a pleasure to work with everyone on the Toshiba NB205 thread. Much credit goes to JBauer for starting the thread and the rest of the credit goes to everyone else who put their time on this specific thread. It's because of you guys, I like to help in this fashion. I really hate when people come on here, grab what they need and don't contribute anything. At the very beginning when I posted my stuff, I wanted to see people's success or failures using my tutorials. If I posted something incorrectly, I want to revise it and make it better. I've received a lot of great input and want to continue to create these tutorials and hopefully other people will contribute more by posting their success' and failures to give other people hope or guidance that converting these laptops/computers is possible.

    @Everyone: I posted the video tutorials on YouTube last night as public access for the last couple of hours and decided to change it to private. I also received friend requests from members of this thread on YouTube. Thank you for doing that. If you would like to review my video tutorials, please sign up and request me as a friend and I will add you to my private list of authorized people who can watch my tutorials. I don't doubt that people have already ripped my work for their own personal use and claiming it as their own. So I want to make sure to take care of the people on this current project first and then set it as public again.
    So what's the next project? I don't know yet but so far, the Toshiba NB205 has been a fantastic piece of hardware. I'll let you guys know what the next project or tutorials I will be working on but will remain active on this thread to help others. I encourage those who have benefitted from my work to also help others in the struggle as long as those people actually put in their time and not just sticking their hand out for help without trying.
    Again, I dislike members who don't at least give it an honest shot and just beg and beg for help. I understand that not everyone has the same learning curve or computer skills, but there are tons of information out there to at least give you a jump start to trial and error future endeavors.
    I'm not targeting anyone on this thread but just want to throw it out there. It's Friday and it's time to enjoy the weekend with a working Mac205!


  2. #102
    Professional Array JA53N's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well i just want to say Thank You for all your hard work, i really appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does as well.

    If it wasn't for you i would have no idea how to get most of this stuff working. I am new to Macs (I'm a Windows person) so I'm not really sure how to do anything.

    Cheers Jasen =D

  3. #103
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JA53N View Post
    Well i just want to say Thank You for all your hard work, i really appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does as well.

    If it wasn't for you i would have no idea how to get most of this stuff working. I am new to Macs (I'm a Windows person) so I'm not really sure how to do anything.

    Cheers Jasen =D
    @JA53N: I'm glad I can help in your project. Macs is the way to go these days. I myself am trying to be Windows free. I don't mind helping as long as you tried to help yourself first. I authorized you to watch all my videos on YouTube. Enjoy.

    @Everyone: If you wish to view my video tutorials on YouTube, please sign up as your user name that you use on this thread and I will grant you access to view all my videos. I have 24 spots left. That is unless someone ripped my tutorials and you find them elsewhere. Cheers!

  4. #104
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Thanks calic0 & Wing Zero....

    calic0,

    Thanks I didnt think of that seemed my DVD writer was faulty. Cut a new disc in my other one ane the install worked like a dream. Thanks to you and Wing Zero.

    Ordered a 1510 wifi card and a 500GB hard drive so I'll have to do it all over again, but it was fairly easy.

    Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    Maybe disk is dirty - Clean and retry will be fine. If not Burn a new Disc. I have 1GB and its fine -- I Got same Error message but rebooted Cleaned disk and was fine. I think the error messages are quite linited so wont really say whats its trying to say if that makes sense!
    You only have to follow the guide word for word .. and it does work 100%

  5. #105
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero619 View Post

    @Everyone: I posted the video tutorials on YouTube last night as public access for the last couple of hours and decided to change it to private. I also received friend requests from members of this thread on YouTube. Thank you for doing that. If you would like to review my video tutorials, please sign up and request me as a friend and I will add you to my private list of authorized people who can watch my tutorials. I don't doubt that people have already ripped my work for their own personal use and claiming it as their own. So I want to make sure to take care of the people on this current project first and then set it as public again.
    Mac205!
    Thanks so much for all of your work. I've been trying to decide which netbook to buy. I really liked the Toshiba hardware, but was leaning toward an MSI Wind because of its compatibility with OS X. But now with your guide, I'm planning to buy the Toshiba this weekend.

    Here's a potentially stupid question. I'm sorry if I missed it earlier. What is your ID on youtube so that I can request you as a friend? Thanks.


  6. #106
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
    Yo wingzero,

    Thanks so much for the installation videos. I will definitely check them out later. I am still waiting for my NB205.

    Much obliged,
    JBauer...
    @JBauer: You are now authorized to watch my video tutorials.

  7. #107
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by en2ec View Post
    Thanks so much for all of your work. I've been trying to decide which netbook to buy. I really liked the Toshiba hardware, but was leaning toward an MSI Wind because of its compatibility with OS X. But now with your guide, I'm planning to buy the Toshiba this weekend.

    Here's a potentially stupid question. I'm sorry if I missed it earlier. What is your ID on youtube so that I can request you as a friend? Thanks.
    @en2ec: Thank you for reviewing my tutorials regarding the Mac205. I believe you will be pleased with what the Toshiba NB205 has to offer. I was leaning towards the MSI Wind myself, but wanted this one because the performance benchmarks were better than the leading competitors. My ID on YouTube is TWINTURBO619. Please sign up and request me as a friend. Also, make sure your user ID matches your forum name or at least reference who you are if you already have an ID with YouTube.

  8. #108
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Any chance of a 100% Vanilla Boot 132 Install

    Thank you SO MUCH for your dedicated work and your awesome attention to this forum!

    I was wondering if there was a way to install on the Toshiba NB205 using the Boot132 Method and a regular Retail Disc?

  9. #109
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero619 View Post
    @en2ec: Thank you for reviewing my tutorials regarding the Mac205. I believe you will be pleased with what the Toshiba NB205 has to offer. I was leaning towards the MSI Wind myself, but wanted this one because the performance benchmarks were better than the leading competitors. My ID on YouTube is TWINTURBO619. Please sign up and request me as a friend. Also, make sure your user ID matches your forum name or at least reference who you are if you already have an ID with YouTube.
    im applematt on youtube add me.

    Im been doing some tests with the Video side of the NB205 ie playing back DVD / Movies etc ive found Mplayer OSX to be very good - Also I would install Perian Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTimeŽ components These help playing back Video on this machine - also with Perian AVi will play. Ive yet to get COREAVC running as I need a machine ID of the mac but cant find it! its needed to install the software.
    Last edited by calic0; 07-24-2009 at 07:33 PM.

  10. #110
    wingzero619
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calic0 View Post
    im applematt on youtube add me.

    Im been doing some tests with the Video side of the NB205 ie playing back DVD / Movies etc ive found Mplayer OSX to be very good - Also I would install Perian Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTimeŽ components These help playing back Video on this machine - also with Perian AVi will play. Ive yet to get COREAVC running as I need a machine ID of the mac but cant find it! its needed to install the software.
    @calic0: How are the video tests coming along? I haven't tried myself, but let me know. When I have a chance this weekend, I'm going to try DVD playback. I'm currently using VLC player with Perian installed. Can't beat Quicktime playing .mkv & .ogg files with subs. That's awesome. I used Mplayer OSX a couple of years ago but found the sub title function to be off on certain type functions. You have to insert code to have it fixed. That was rare. So what's this COREAVC you speak of? What do you need it for? I was on my YouTube account and can't find the add friends link lol. As soon as I find it, I will add you.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
  4. Snow Leopard super slow on Toshiba NB255 netbook
    By AnonymousR1 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
  5. OSX Leopard on Toshiba NB205 Netbook
    By wingzero619 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:16 AM.
twitter, follow us!