Discuss Leopard 10.5.5 on Acer aspire 3690 - Successful / Tutorial at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Leopard 10.5.5 on Acer aspire 3690 - Successful / Tutorial
this is a tutorial for installing mac leopard on Acer aspire 3690. it wasn't an easy experience. i spend a sleepless days try to reach a best configuration to make it work with most of Acer drivers and run smoothly without any problems.
first i installed (Kalway) 10.5.2 but i figured out it make everything slow. plus i wanted to install (iphone sdk) which will not run on a version less than 10.5.5.
without too much chit chat lets begin the installation process.
1. Acer aspire 3690.
2. a dvd writer.
3. iATKOS_5i (this is the operating system). you can google it and you will find it in both torrents and direct downloads.
1. burn the downloaded iATKOS_5i with a program called (img burn), you can google it to find it with crack. this program will burn the iaktos and make it bootable.
2. once the burn of the dvd finished, put the dvd disc into acer aspire 3690.
3. press F2 to go to bios settings, go to boot and tell the bios to start from the dvd.
4. after saving and restart, the iaktos will begin, press any key to start the installation.
5. it takes time before it give you a welcome screen.
6. When you get the ‘Welcome’ screen, don’t hit continue straight away! Move your point to the ‘Utilities’ menu, and select ‘Disk Utility’.
7. When the 'Disk Utility' application loaded, click your main drive in the left hand pane (probably the very top entryis your HDD manufacturer’s name’).
8.Select the partition you already prepared for Mac OS X (that would be partition 1) and choose ‘Erase partition’ with the option ‘Mac OS extended Journaled’ selected.
n.b: if you are not planning to run windows on the laptop i recommend to make the 80 gb H.D.D ONLY ONE PARTITION. so u can have a better performace and have freedom to install all ur mac applications then.
9.after erasing th epartition, close 'Disk utility', continue until you see the 'Customize' button, press it.
10. this is the most important step in the installation process. the mac will work or not depending on your choices here.
11.select the choices as follows:
iaktos v5i main system.
gma 950 a
12. it will take time to finish the installtion. be patient, after finishing installation, there will be a restart and thats it. you will hear a sound of an old song during setting up your account. now you have a mac. enjoy.
i found everything working like flash memory, sound and vga cards, wireless lan, i'm not sure of bluetooth sometimes work sometimes not (it need a fix).
Thx for sharing navarisun, surely it will help other users
HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Snow Leopard 10.6.6, Asus IPIBL-LB MOD BIOS, Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB RAM (800mhz), 2x500GB, nVidia 8600GT (Works), ALC888S (Works), Wireless RT73 (Works), LAN (Works) - How to Install
- Hardware Combos
- FAQ by TJ2K7 Macbook Pro 13" iPhone 4
Follow meh: @icchansan If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here
Much appreciate you putting in the time so I didnt have too.
My friends acer 3690 was stuck in a perpetual Vista update 3 of 3 loop. Not uncommon judging by the pitious cries for help that ordinary Vista uses were filling help forums with. What was even more shocking was the available technical advice, patronising, insulting, unsympathetic, and mostly - reinstall Vista. My friend dont have a vista disk cos it was OEM. ( I tried all the recovery options etc)
So followed your excellent instructions and gave her back a fast user friendly Mac.
would this work with an acer aspire 3680?
Works on Aspire 3680! But I have a question...
Thanks SO much for this guide. I was able to install 10.5.5 on my Acer Aspire 3680. Everything seems to be going well, but I am unable to empty the trash. Whenever I attempt to, everything on my desktop disappears except for the HD icon and I have to restart. The files are still in the recycle bin.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or figured out a way around it?
Is the iATKOS_5i for AMD or INTEL????????
u think ???
can this work on a touchsmart tx2z HP laptop?? it has AMD 2.3 GHz, 4GB ram,
Hi, I have a Acer 3620 pentium M 1,7Ghz, Ram 2GB, GMA 950. I installed the iDeneb v1.4 completely. But It can't boot. If I use the boot from the DVD, it don't recognize the hard disk which I have installed the OS completely.
I used dual boot by Acronis v10.
Help me plz
I have an acer aspire 5720Z and i want mac on it is it possible to get leopared on it cause i cant find any guides on it hree is my computer attrubuites
MODEL: Aspire 5270Z
PROCESSOR: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60Ghz
SYSTEM TYPE: 32 BIT
Ps atm its running vista
send me backa priveate msg
Would you be able to upgrade to 10.5.6 and so forth using these settings on Customization?
My Acer Aspire 3690's keyboard and mouse stopped responding at the Welcome Screen and Song. It was working when I installed, but now it is not being recognized. What do I do?
Last edited by Skermefaten; 08-13-2009 at 02:10 PM.
By kromakey in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
By ookikies in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
By Nnjz in forum Installation
Last Post: 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
By Tarik20 in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:38 PM
By Skermefaten in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:28 AM