Discuss Leopard 10.5.5 on Acer aspire 3690 - Successful / Tutorial at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; thank you so much for this tutorial!!!! i got mac os 10.5.5 working here on ...
thank you so much for this tutorial!!!! i got mac os 10.5.5 working here on my acer 3690 perfectly everything works fine!!!! the OS is amazing very fast and full of features i loved it!!!
NEXT STEP IS UPDATE !!!
can I update using the software update to 10.5.8???
UPGRADED to 10.5.8 Successfully !!!
Hey guy i just want to share with you my recent successful experience updating the system from 10.5.5 to 10.5.8 !
My system was installed based on the settings on this topic.
Ok here's what I did.
1) Installed iatkos_5i 10.5.5 with normal settings.
2) Downloaded the Combo update to 10.5.8 from apple ~ 700 MB
3) Installed it and rebooted.
4) At first glance it would only show a bluescreen when the desktop starts
5) Rebooted, inserted the iatkos_5i dvd and installed the video driver "Intel GMA B" Which is the option of video driver that allow you to update your system
6) Rebooted again and the desktop appeared but now i found that my keyboard, my pen drives (any usb device even iPhone) and my wireless were not functioning.
***** Ok here's the catch, when you update it overwrites some kexts which are designed for our x86 hardware. What you need to do is basically rebuild this Kexts to the version that works fine with our hardware.
1) Let's get back the pen drives to work, go to the Root/Library⁄Temp and copy the file System.kext to the desktop, now go to system/Library/Extensions and replace the System.kext with the one you just copied to desktop
It will ask your password, you won't be able to type because the keyboard is not working, you can use the Virtual keyboard go to configs/international/input menu/enable keyboard viewer it will be available in the flag of your country near the clock.)
2) Delete from the EXTENSIONS Folder these files -> RealtekR1000.Kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext
3) Reboot your system, you won't be able to boot it will show an error, get into the dvd once again and select the options described in this topic with the exception now you will select GMA 950 B.
Ok from here you're good to go, Enjoy your Brand new (not so new) but now updated MAC OS X 10.5.8, iPhone SDK 3.0 Will run on this system
Any doubts, I'm here to help.
Thanx for tutorial!
Everything installed correctly exept Wi-FI.
i`m new to MacOS (Hackintosh) and i don`t know what to do!
can anybody help me?
(on simple language )
Originally Posted by edemir
Forst of all thanks for this great community and all the developers!
I just started reading about hackintosh yesterday, so I was wondering if I could get this working on an old Aspire 3690. I found this topic and it was working like a charm!
I wanted to get the Iphone SDK, but it seemed that I would need to update the OS X for this. I read the above post and started working on this.
First of all i updated the os, then after startup I got the blue screen. So I booted with the IAtkos_5i dvd again and installed the intel 950 gma b drivers. After reboot my screen worked again, but my keyboard wasn't (as was stated in the post).
Edemir says that I have to go to the Root/Library/Temp folder and copy the system.kext file to overwrite the one in System/Library/Extensions.
The problem is, I don't have a system.kext in my Root/Library/Temp folder!
Tried V7 but having a few problems
Well, I have been trying different methods to install OSX on my 3690 and have not been successful until today. So first of all, a huge thanks to the original poster of this tread. After I read this post i followed the steps except without knowing, i used iAtkos V7 instead of the V5i as described. Everything seems to be working just fine, however my problems. The keyboard and touch pad do not work once i have installed the OS. They do work during the first part of the install, but once the computer reboots and it goes through the initial start up, it does not recognize the keyboard or touch pad. I had to plug in a usb keyboard and mouse to finish the start up. Once started, everything appears to be operation correctly ie sound, wifi, optical drive, and screen.
Can anyone provide me with guidance on what to do? I am very new to the Mac operating system and do not have a clue where to began trying to fix this problem. The only thing I can think to do is to reload it, but even then. Nothing would be different.
Thanks for any Help or advice.
Just as a side note, i am using an Acer 3690, with C2D 1.86Ghz, 2GB Ram.
I don't know if this will help you,but here is my system.kext, keep me updated if this works for you. SYSTEM.KEXT
Last edited by edemir; 07-10-2010 at 05:45 PM.
acer 3680 ideneb v 10.5.5
i have an acer aspire 7720g and was wondering would your tutorial work on my acer aspire 7720g laptop.
By kromakey in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
By ookikies in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
By Nnjz in forum Installation
Last Post: 08-16-2011, 11:42 PM
By Tarik20 in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:38 PM
By Skermefaten in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 07-15-2009, 05:28 AM