Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 119
Discuss iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Walkthrough Installation at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; WUHUU Got mac osx on my AMD processor I'v found some driver instruction for my ...
  1. #71
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    WUHUU Got mac osx on my AMD processor

    I'v found some driver instruction for my Soundcard:
    1. Copy the folder "889a" (contains the two kexts) onto the root of your installation drive.

    2. Open terminal
    3. TYPE: sudo -s
    4. Enter in your password
    - you should get "bash-3.2#"
    5. drag "888a script.sh" onto terminal and press enter.
    6. after it returns back to the bash prompt, TYPE: sudo reboot

    Reboot with glorious sound.

    BUT: when i tries to do this i get an error:


    Last login: Wed May 26 17:05:34 on console
    mads-zaulichs-macpro31:~ Mads$ sudo -s
    Password:
    Sorry, try again.
    Password:
    bash-3.2# /Users/Mads/Downloads/ALC889a/889a\ Script.sh
    bash: /Users/Mads/Downloads/ALC889a/889a Script.sh: Permission denied
    bash-3.2# /Users/Mads/Downloads/ALC889a/889a\ Script.sh
    bash: /Users/Mads/Downloads/ALC889a/889a Script.sh: Permission denied
    bash-3.2# echo Removing old kexts
    Removing old kexts
    bash-3.2# sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
    bash-3.2# sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
    rm: /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext: No such file or directory
    bash-3.2# echo Copying new kexts
    Copying new kexts
    bash-3.2# sudo cp -R /889a/ALCinject.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# sudo cp -R /889a/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# echo Setting permissions and clearing kextcache
    Setting permissions and clearing kextcache
    bash-3.2# cd /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# sudo chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *
    bash-3.2# cd ..
    bash-3.2# sudo rm Extensions.mkext
    bash-3.2# echo Building kextcache
    Building kextcache
    bash-3.2# sudo kextcache -a i386 -e
    kextcache: / locked; waiting for lock



    sudo rekextcache: proceeding
    kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins
    kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins
    bash-3.2#
    bash-3.2#
    bash-3.2#
    bash-3.2# echo Removing old kexts
    Removing old kexts
    bash-3.2# sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
    bash-3.2# sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
    bash-3.2# echo Copying new kexts
    Copying new kexts
    bash-3.2# sudo cp -R /889a/ALCinject.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# sudo cp -R /889a/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# echo Setting permissions and clearing kextcache
    Setting permissions and clearing kextcache
    bash-3.2# cd /System/Library/Extensions/
    bash-3.2# sudo chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *
    bash-3.2# cd ..
    bash-3.2# sudo rm Extensions.mkext
    bash-3.2# echo Building kextcache
    Building kextcache
    bash-3.2# sudo kextcache -a i386 -e
    kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins
    kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions); skipping it and any plugins

    cache stale - not creating /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
    bash-3.2#
    bash-3.2#


    Reboot with glorious sound.





    Any idea?
    Remember I'm totaly new to MAC OS


  2. #72
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Hi,

    You are the one who should be asked that question.

    But, anyway, I think I came across something worth a look.
    With the same laptop model and using the same 1.6 version.
    I will look at it to see if it could serve any help to you.
    I have tried several more installations with slightly varying options and am still getting the same response. Please share what you found once you finish. I really appreciate your help with this so far.

  3. #73
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaule View Post
    WUHUU Got mac osx on my AMD processor

    I'v found some driver instruction for my Soundcard:
    1. Copy the folder "889a" (contains the two kexts) onto the root of your installation drive.

    Any idea?
    Remember I'm totaly new to MAC OS
    Hi,
    Glad to hear you got OSX on your AMD

    And for the benefit of others, would you mind posting your setup, customization details?

    There may be other way to get your sound card working. Is this with 10.6.2?

    Regards,

  4. #74
    Senior Professional Array Dj Osiris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkribbs View Post
    I have tried several more installations with slightly varying options and am still getting the same response. Please share what you found once you finish. I really appreciate your help with this so far.

    Well you haven't given up (that's a good thing). Listen the reason your getting the blue screen is because of your onboard graphics. It's abit more involved to get it running. So I tell you what, post "Need help with (your laptop model)" in the Leopard Installation section and I will give you a full Kext list for your board. It will require you using another distro though (iATKOSv5i).
    Regards

  5. #75
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Osiris View Post
    Well you haven't given up (that's a good thing). Listen the reason your getting the blue screen is because of your onboard graphics. It's abit more involved to get it running. So I tell you what, post "Need help with (your laptop model)" in the Leopard Installation section and I will give you a full Kext list for your board. It will require you using another distro though (iATKOSv5i).
    Regards
    OK done. thread here: Need help with Dell Inspiron 6000 instalation - Hackint0sh


  6. #76
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkribbs View Post
    Hi,

    There you go. Dj Osiris has come to the rescue.
    Should listen carefully this time, eh!

    Cheers,

  7. #77
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Hi,

    There you go. Dj Osiris has come to the rescue.
    Should listen carefully this time, eh!

    Cheers,
    Ok i need your help again
    i installed iDeneb v1.6 Mac OS X 10.5.8 and everything works and the internet is connected but when i open safari the "Failed to open page comes up" what di I do??
    I have a wireless usb internet stick. it worked perfectly on mac os 10.5.6 ideneb v1,4

  8. #78
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello there, I have just registered.

    I have got the following problem: After the installation is complete and I restart, I still got the same menu with language selection and installation stuff. How do I get past this? Also I have managed to get into Windows 7 when I found something strange. The partition I have selected in the erase menu is not there! So I have no idea where is my Mac installation.

    Using Partition Wizard I saw that the 17 gb partition that I wanted to use for the OS installation is not fat32 or ntfs but "other" and it's fully used (0 kb unused).

    Help please? Thank you for this great tutorial.

    Edit: I forgot to say that using EasyBCD I assigned an entry for Mac os x86 generic but as a default it goes to drive c to NST folder but there, there is only 1 file (1 kb lol).
    Last edited by skypower; 05-30-2010 at 08:29 PM.

  9. #79
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skypower View Post
    Hello there, I have just registered.

    I have got the following problem: After the installation is complete and I restart, I still got the same menu with language selection and installation stuff. How do I get past this? Also I have managed to get into Windows 7 when I found something strange. The partition I have selected in the erase menu is not there! So I have no idea where is my Mac installation.

    Using Partition Wizard I saw that the 17 gb partition that I wanted to use for the OS installation is not fat32 or ntfs but "other" and it's fully used (0 kb unused).

    Help please? Thank you for this great tutorial.

    Edit: I forgot to say that using EasyBCD I assigned an entry for Mac os x86 generic but as a default it goes to drive c to NST folder but there, there is only 1 file (1 kb lol).
    Did you eject the CD after install and before restart? It sounds like you still have in the CD. And, I wouldn't use any partion ,agic or anything. Just use the disk utility on the CD.

    Quote Originally Posted by dumminy66 View Post
    Ok i need your help again
    i installed iDeneb v1.6 Mac OS X 10.5.8 and everything works and the internet is connected but when i open safari the "Failed to open page comes up" what di I do??
    I have a wireless usb internet stick. it worked perfectly on mac os 10.5.6 ideneb v1,4

    Did you have to install a kext for it on 10.5.6? When I went from 10.5.5 to 10.5.8, I had to reinstall mt PCMCIA kext for some reason.

    EDIT- I know! If you plug in a flash drive, is it recognized? I would guess not. This also happened to me. Tell me if any USB device is recognized, and if not, I can instruct you on how to get that going again.

    If I was right, please do this. Go to terminal, and type "uname -a" without the ""'s. Take note of the kernel version. Then, go to S/L/E and find system.kext. right click it and hit more info. Take note of the version number. They should match, but I bet they don't. Telll me what you used to install, and what the two numbers were.
    Last edited by redman; 06-01-2010 at 03:36 AM.

  10. #80
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkribbs View Post
    Did you eject the CD after install and before restart? It sounds like you still have in the CD. And, I wouldn't use any partion ,agic or anything. Just use the disk utility on the CD.




    Did you have to install a kext for it on 10.5.6? When I went from 10.5.5 to 10.5.8, I had to reinstall mt PCMCIA kext for some reason.

    EDIT- I know! If you plug in a flash drive, is it recognized? I would guess not. This also happened to me. Tell me if any USB device is recognized, and if not, I can instruct you on how to get that going again.

    If I was right, please do this. Go to terminal, and type "uname -a" without the ""'s. Take note of the kernel version. Then, go to S/L/E and find system.kext. right click it and hit more info. Take note of the version number. They should match, but I bet they don't. Telll me what you used to install, and what the two numbers were.
    Hi bkribbs, thanks for spending time in my problem. I don't think I had ejected the disk. Since the installation, before 5 or so days, I am currently stuck at the chameleon screen when I choose to boot in Mac (and not in Win7).


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Help with Installation ideneb 10.5.5
    By sjnb08 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. Installation of Ideneb 1.5.6 on AMD
    By Raoul in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. iDeneb 10.5.6 Installation Help - Please Help
    By METuc in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
  4. iDeneb installation help
    By tpspoons in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 08:11 PM
  5. ideneb 1v3 10.5.5 Installation Help
    By Phasin8 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:21 AM.
twitter, follow us!