Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 119
Discuss iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Walkthrough Installation at the Tutorials - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by ratvn OH, BOY!!! YES, you need to hit customize and select options ...
  1. #41
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    OH, BOY!!!
    YES, you need to hit customize and select options that match your hardware, otherwise OSX can't work.
    OHHHHHH. S**t. That's why it won't load im gonna guess. I assumed that it auto selected generic stuff. How do I figure out which ones i need?

    I have seen where people say not to install the sound and video until after the install. What should I leave out? And how do I know what I need for my wireless driver? Do I just use a broadcom?

    Now I reinstalled selecting hardware, and it loads the light blue screen after the gray apple. What do I need to install?
    Last edited by redman; 05-15-2010 at 11:49 PM.


  2. #42
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [FONT="Tahoma"]Sorry for the bad language.. I guess I got a little frustrated. Now I am running Windows Vista on my 40GB Hard Drive and I have a spare 500GB Hard Drive on which hopefully Mac OS X 10.5 will install and work
    How do I know what chipsets I have on my motherboard. Just tell me what software I need to download for Windows and I will give you all the info you need to help me. Also does the ATI_ATY init work with NVIDIA Graphics Cards?
    Thanks aloooooot for your help!
    EDIT 1 - Okay so I downloaded CPU-Z and this is what i got:
    Chipset says Intel i915P/i915G and Rev. B1
    Southbridge says Intel 82801F (ICH6)
    Intel CPU Pentium 4 521 [MMX,SSE (1,2,3), EM64T]
    BIOS Developed by Hewlett-Packard version 786C2 v01.07

    EDIT 2 - iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 installer
    Options selected in Customization
    Patches - ICHx Fixed
    Kernel - 9.5.0 Voodoo
    Fix - AppleSMBIOS 1066
    Video - NVinject 0.2.1 512MB

    EDIT 3 - After I installed iDeneb and restared boot from Hard drvie with -x -v AND GUESS WHAT OMG!!! IT WORKED YAYYY FINALLY GOT 10.5.6 THANKSTO YOU ratvn and to all those websites i visited!!!! FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    If you don't want that ATI kext, it's fine. I have 2 of those NV cards with that kexts, and they all work under both Leopard and Snow Leopard. Why should you worry about whether it's NV or ATI while your OSX is not even up and running yet. Just follow the given suggestion to see if yours goes any further in the process.

    Boot with -x -v and post your error message. You can try those kernels and that's why you need to look at their description to know what to choose in Ideneb.

    What chipsets are in your motherboard? Did you select chipsets drivers, patches/fixed/support files? You can change kernel later once in OSX. For now, try to work with your Ideneb first. Post your detail board chipsets, your BIOS settings and your selections under customization to see if something is wrong/missing.

    Keep cool! Take easy and don't use bad language.
    Last edited by dumminy66; 05-16-2010 at 01:32 AM.

  3. #43
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dumminy66 View Post

    EDIT 3 - After I installed iDeneb and restared boot from Hard drvie with -x -v AND GUESS WHAT OMG!!! IT WORKED YAYYY FINALLY GOT 10.5.6 THANKSTO YOU ratvn and to all those websites i visited!!!! FONT]
    Hi,
    Congrats on your hard work.
    So good to hear it work out for you, and it's amazing that you can finish that installation with such short instructions.

    Now it's up and running, then you can check it out and install kexts for the rest of your hardware.
    Go to Utility, to System Profiler, and there it will list all hardware along with all kexts loaded that OSX recognizes.
    Make sure under graphics/display it says Core image hardware and QE supported. There are more than one methods of video injection, ATI, NVinject, NVkush....
    There you will also see your LAN and other hardware device model and ID.

    Go to kexts.com to download your needed kexts, and under utility section, dl Kext Helper b7, kext installer, to make your installation easily.

    Also if you want to upgrade, there is 9.8 Voodoo kernel that will take yours to 10.5.8 but to make sure you backup system first and make sure that kernel supports your system. You can dl OSX86 Tools there as well, which help backup, repair permission, replace kernel.

    It's good to hear that you got OSX under control. Job well done and you should be proud of yourself.

    Regards,

  4. #44
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    When I boot with Chameleon, it loads the gray apple and it appears to finish, and then it loads a light blue screen. What is the problem? Maybe my graphics card?

    I have a "Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family"

    What should I use for it? (It is my integrated graphics btw)

    Also, what categories do I need to select from in the customize section?
    Last edited by redman; 05-16-2010 at 04:38 AM.

  5. #45
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yup, you said it... Thanks alot!
    In the Hardware Info, for my graphics card, QE was not rupported but after I tried to install a kext, for sound and when i reebooted, QE said supported. My wireless works and sound doesn't work... But I will see kexts.com
    Are there any good kext installers?
    EDIT 1 - OMG there is no sound. Thats frustrating. Overcome one problem, start another.
    I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio, works on OS X 10.4 but are there any kexts/drivers for Mac OS X 10.5??
    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Hi,
    Congrats on your hard work.
    So good to hear it work out for you, and it's amazing that you can finish that installation with such short instructions.

    Now it's up and running, then you can check it out and install kexts for the rest of your hardware.
    Go to Utility, to System Profiler, and there it will list all hardware along with all kexts loaded that OSX recognizes.
    Make sure under graphics/display it says Core image hardware and QE supported. There are more than one methods of video injection, ATI, NVinject, NVkush....
    There you will also see your LAN and other hardware device model and ID.

    Go to kexts.com to download your needed kexts, and under utility section, dl Kext Helper b7, kext installer, to make your installation easily.

    Also if you want to upgrade, there is 9.8 Voodoo kernel that will take yours to 10.5.8 but to make sure you backup system first and make sure that kernel supports your system. You can dl OSX86 Tools there as well, which help backup, repair permission, replace kernel.

    It's good to hear that you got OSX under control. Job well done and you should be proud of yourself.

    Regards,
    Last edited by dumminy66; 05-16-2010 at 05:00 PM.


  6. #46
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Hey. When I boot up, the gray apple screen loads, then it boots to the light blue screen. What is wrong?

    Maybe I chose incorrectly in "customize" while installing? What sections do I need to pick from? I heard not to select audio/video during installation as that could cause it to fail? Any ideas? PLEASE?

  7. #47
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Few questions:
    1 What sections must i choose from? Kernel? Chipset? what else
    2 With a dell inspiron 6000, do i need the chipset driver with or w/o AHCI?
    3 What would cause me to get a light blue screen after the reboot? I get the gray apple, and it loads ok, but then i get just a light blue screen...

    SPECS:
    Dell Inspiron 6000
    MB: Dell Inc. 0WF351 Chipset: 915GM
    CPU: Intel (R) Pentium (R) M Processor 1.70 GHz 64kb cache
    RAM: 2gigs-DDR2
    Video: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 900
    Wireless: Intel Pro/Wireless 2100 802.11b/g mini-card

    What options do I need to choose?
    Last edited by redman; 05-18-2010 at 01:42 AM.

  8. #48
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkribbs View Post
    Few questions:
    1 What sections must i choose from? Kernel? Chipset? what else
    2 With a dell inspiron 6000, do i need the chipset driver with or w/o AHCI?
    3 What would cause me to get a light blue screen after the reboot? I get the gray apple, and it loads ok, but then i get just a light blue screen...
    Look at your system specs to choose the matching options.
    It could be your kexts/drivers. Boot with -x -v for possible error message.

  9. #49
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Look at your system specs to choose the matching options.
    It could be your kexts/drivers. Boot with -x -v for possible error message.
    I have tried. I must have done 15 different installs. with -x -v it doesn't give error messages, just loads the light blue screen. I think it may be the video card. I have installed without it, and it doesn't work. And I can't install the card during installation as the GMA 9000 isnt an option. The closest there is is a GMA950. Is there a way to install a kext/driver for it? Without being able to get into OSX?
    Also, do I need to select an SMBIOS driver or whatever it is And do I pick it at my RAM speed? Also, should I try to disable the DSDT fix or whatever it is and see if that helps?
    SPECS:- Just fyi
    Dell Inspiron 6000
    MB: Dell Inc. 0WF351 Chipset: 915GM
    CPU: Intel (R) Pentium (R) M Processor 1.70 GHz 64kb cache
    RAM: 2gigs-DDR2
    Video: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 900
    Wireless: Intel Pro/Wireless 2100 802.11b/g mini-card
    Last edited by redman; 05-18-2010 at 02:31 AM.

  10. #50
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    So no video driver, essentials and fixed, chipsets and ps2. Leave along audio, Lan and other non-essential items.
    And see what happens.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Help with Installation ideneb 10.5.5
    By sjnb08 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. Installation of Ideneb 1.5.6 on AMD
    By Raoul in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. iDeneb 10.5.6 Installation Help - Please Help
    By METuc in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
  4. iDeneb installation help
    By tpspoons in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 08:11 PM
  5. ideneb 1v3 10.5.5 Installation Help
    By Phasin8 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:56 PM.
twitter, follow us!