Discuss TurboSIM troubleshooting at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Trying to make a nice single thread to sum up the different issues
New way ...
Trying to make a nice single thread to sum up the different issues
New way to enable/disable CommCenter
Note that, to superscede older tutorials, CommCenter should be disabled and enabled with the method given below rather than by modifying the files - this way, you don't need to reboot, and it's faster (thanks iZsh).
If you like GUIs, you can use UICtl too, available at http://iphone.natetrue.com/UIctl/
Starting up aka the new foolproof tutorial
disable CommCenter : launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
reenable CommCenter : launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Brought to you by iZsh, Zf, and all unfortunate testers and contactless souls of #iPhone-TurboSIM
Follow carefully these simple steps in the given order
- Make sure CommCenter is not disabled (otherwise there won't be any way to know if the contacts between the TSIM and your SIM are correct, and major frustration ensue)
- Insert your TSIM and AT&T SIM (some tutorials state that you can program your TSIM with a non AT&T card in the iPhone, but this does not work)
- Check that you don't get a "NO SIM" message. If you do, then you have either bad contacts or a broken TSIM if you were not careful enough. Open the tray very carefully, readjust, replug until the "NO SIM" message disappears.
- If the AT&T SIM inserted with the TSIM has a PIN enabled, disable it now, or you won't be able to program the TSIM
- Check if you see the "SIM Applications" menu entry in Settings / Phone. If you don't see it, you'll have to reset your TSIM (see the paragraph "reseting the TSIM from the iPhone")
- Disable CommCenter and run turbo-info, which should display your TSIM kernel version and serial number, not just "No Error". If you don't see something like that, consider it didn't work
- If turbo-info did not work, try to run iZsh Turbo-smsreset http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...Turbo-smsreset and run turbo-info again
Kernel Version 22.214.171.124
Serial Number xxxx-xxxxxxxxx
OK. No Error
- If turbo-info still doesn't work, cry for help on #iphone-TurboSIM
- Otherwise your can program your TSIM as expected :
- Install AppleSaft : if applesaft.trb was uploaded in /private/var/root that's
- Reenable CommCenter
- Go into the AppleSaft menu in Settings / Phone / SIM Applications, choose Set, it will print some number, then choose Accept
- Ok now it's done, but stay calm, you don't want to break the TSIM that close to your goal
- Open the tray carefully and replace the AT&T SIM by your own subscription, align it carefully with the TSIM and plug back the tray. If you see a "NO SIM" message, realign carefully. Did I mention carefully ?
- If an "incorrect sim" appears use iASign method to activate (for mac: iASign.mac --automatic iPhoneActivation_private.pem if the .pem has been installed)
- Try to make a call and receive a call. If you don't have anybody to call, don't ask on #iphone-TurboSIM
- Enjoy your functional iPhone thanks to Bladox and all the community
Reseting the TSIM from the iPhone
This assumes AppleSaft is not "blocked" with a bad "set" command. In this case, see the next paragraph.
- Check the SIM PIN menu in Settings/Phone and enable it with 1111
- If the menu is grayed, remove the TSIM, put the AT&T SIM alone, and enable the SIM PIN to 1111, then put back the TSIM and AT&T SIM together
- When the phone requests the PIN, enter the TurboSIM PIN (written on Bladox package). A message will come up saying that the PIN is incorrect, but the PIN attempts should not be
- Check the SIM PIN menu in Settings/Phone and disable it
- Check if you see the "SIM Applications" menu entry in Settings / Phone. If you don't see it, go cry on #iphone-TurboSIM
Recovering a second "set"
If you press "Set" on AppleSaft a second time with your real subscription attached, you're basically toasted, and have to reset your TSIM.
To do that, insert your TSIM + any SIM in another phone
Enable the SIM PIN on that phone and power cycle
When the phone requests the PIN, enter the TurboSIM PIN (written on Bladox package). A message will come up saying that the PIN is incorrect, but the PIN attempts should not be decreased.
Put back your TSIM + AT&T SIM in the iPhone and reprogram it
Last edited by Zf_; 08-31-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Thanks, I'll be doing this tomorrow so long as my tsim arrives!!!
One question though... whats 'turbo-info' do? Other guides just mention 'turbo-app /applesaft.trb'
turbo-info displays the current version of your TSIM. It's a nice way to debug potential problems before really programming it.
It's located in the same archive
Ok thanks, i followed steb by step, everything is ok,
only the last, that always write incorrect sim
I 3 times restore the iphone, jailbreak, activate with iactivator but always the same
Please write somebody whats wrong??????????????????
I spent 6 ours in the night!!! please
check previuos thread
could you lend me your imsi nr from the ATT card??? im missing my ATT card but have a TS
Originally Posted by berkar
Well, this tutorial covers the AppleSaft application, which is the easiest method and requires an AT&T SIM.
If you don't have an AT&T SIM, you'll have to go the ISA way, which means programming the TurboSIM on another phone, so this is not covered by this tutorial as most people will be able to use the first method.
In the second case, you don't need to have an AT&T card. Use any ICCID you like (such as your own subscription ICCID), and enter the IMSI in the following format 08 39 01 14 10 xx xx xx xx replacing each x by an hex digit between 0 and F.
thanks a lot - im almost ther now however - when connecting with SFTP all is well. but when using SSH in "terminal" it tells me the password is wrong and i can not connect - any ideas
Originally Posted by Zf_
Last login: Sat Sep 1 09:06:48 2007 from 10.0.1.2
Connection to 10.0.1.4 closed.
[Process exited - exit code 255]
this happens everytime i try to write turbo info
I've never seen this - could be everything from a bad download to a broken Wifi connection.
Can you retry with the iPhone connected to its dock, then check your Wifi connection, then if it fails restore and try to reinstall the binkit/SSH with a different method ?
The authenticity of host 'iphone-001b63db852a.local. (10.0.1.4)' can't be established.
Originally Posted by Zf_
RSA key fingerprint is 6b:e4:1e:b1:50:93:c3:b1:6f:ea:a8:ea:92:c0:04:63.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'iphone-001b63db852a.local.' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Last login: Sat Sep 1 09:37:07 2007 from 10.0.1.2
Connection to iPhone-001B63DB852A.local. closed.
[Process exited - exit code 255]
still getting these strange messages....
could it be that i have used a lot of different methods... independace and "some stuff" fro a muppets guide etc...
By pankirk in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
By nassir in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
By The_Rumour in forum General
Last Post: 11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
By Js29 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-27-2007, 06:09 AM
By callmeved in forum General
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM