Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Discuss [Turbosim clone] Has anyone managed to get this to work? at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Hi Has anyone managed to get one of these to work? It is shown attached ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array Count de Monet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default [Turbosim clone] Has anyone managed to get this to work?

    Hi

    Has anyone managed to get one of these to work?



    It is shown attached to my Vodaphone UK SIM and is marked China3GPP. When I insert it into my phone I get a 'Incorrect SIM This iPhone must be installed with an approved SIM' message.

    The phone was purchased in the UK and is a week 43 phone with updated 1.1.2 firmware and modem firmware 04 02 13 G. The phone works great with an O2 PAYG SIM.
    I did the downgrading and then upgrading using the procedure shown here

    How can I tell if I installed OktoPrep when I did the upgrading? would the O2 PAYG SIM work if I had not?

    Is this card a popular one? and has anyone managed to get this clone card to work? or have I done something wrong, or is the card faulty?


    The Count



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As mentioned previously,

    these so called 3rd generation cards won't work with UK iphones.
    unsure why the mod removed my reply.

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array Count de Monet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up.

    The supplier of the item has informed me he may have sent me the US version. He intends to send me a UK version so I will have to wait and see if the replacement works.

    I kinda wish I had paid a little more and purchased a Bladox Turbosim in the first place.

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

    The supplier of the item has informed me he may have sent me the US version. He intends to send me a UK version so I will have to wait and see if the replacement works.

    I kinda wish I had paid a little more and purchased a Bladox Turbosim in the first place.
    If you have UK version iphone. I recommend buy X-Sim or TurboSIM.
    X-Sim can using with UK version iPhone.

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Same Issue Here

    I ordered a turbo sim clone from China. Exactly the same China3GPP. PLaced into my week 42 UK O2 1.1.2 OTB Phone (jailbroken and activated) Got the same message. Complained, he stated he must have sent a US one in error and then sent a UK? version.

    The second clone looked a little different and has text GEVEY on it.
    Placed it in with vodaphone sim and the same error message.

    I will write back to him today and once again complain.

    Strange thing is a number of uk iphone users have bought them also from him and left positive feedback on ebay for their purchase. The plot thickens and I stilll cannot use my new toy!!!!


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array Count de Monet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinternational View Post
    I ordered a turbo sim clone from China. Exactly the same China3GPP. PLaced into my week 42 UK O2 1.1.2 OTB Phone (jailbroken and activated) Got the same message. Complained, he stated he must have sent a US one in error and then sent a UK? version.

    The second clone looked a little different and has text GEVEY on it.
    Placed it in with vodaphone sim and the same error message.

    I will write back to him today and once again complain.

    Strange thing is a number of uk iphone users have bought them also from him and left positive feedback on ebay for their purchase. The plot thickens and I stilll cannot use my new toy!!!!
    monkeyboyinternational

    I've sent you a PM

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    i got the same problem, do you have a solution for it?

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array Count de Monet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupiii View Post
    Hi,

    i got the same problem, do you have a solution for it?
    Just waiting for an X-Sim to arrive. I will report here if it works.

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Began a paypal dispute with the seller to return item and get a refund.

    Bought a real turbosim for the extra money and that should sort the issue out.

    Cheers.

  10. #10
    Professional Array Jonathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Stop scaring me I just ordered it 5 days ago, Still waiting for it to be delivered (Praying that it isnt a scam) Its should work on my US 1.1.2 4.6 Also I Live in the UK
    Always look on the brightside of life!


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM
  2. Psystar PC (Mac clone) doesn't work
    By patn in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
  3. anyone managed to get this to work for Telenor in Norway ?
    By Exodus111 in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
  4. [TurboSIM] Chinese clone doesn't need downgrading and iWorld?
    By persistent in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 07:37 AM
  5. [TurboSIM] (clone?) for 63$ on Ebay. Fake or no Fake
    By maniak in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 05:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:42 PM.
twitter, follow us!