Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 43444454647484950515253545556575859606162636474 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 791
Discuss [*Sim] [3G] Results from data observation - Stay away from *sim solutions. at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Universal-Sim v5.5.0 on AT&T iPhone 3G Carrier: Telcel (Mexico) iPhone: 3G 16GB - Fw 2.1 ...
  1. #531
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Universal-Sim v5.5.0 on AT&T iPhone 3G

    Carrier: Telcel (Mexico)
    iPhone: 3G 16GB - Fw 2.1

    Testing since Monday, Sept. 22:

    Calls In/Out: Works
    SMS In/Out: Works
    GPRS Data: Works
    3G Data: Works

    I didn't have any problems (I did have to put some tape to hold the sim card and the u-sim together).

    It's been running great ever since. In the place I'm at, my Nokia N95 had some dead spots with no signal at all, in which the iPhone does have signal.

    Let me know if I can help with anything.


  2. #532
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spec09 View Post
    I'm not understanding. You say the universal-sim bends when you insert it? How can that be if the order it goes is tray->universal-sim->sim card. The universal sim totally fits behind the sim card, leaving none of it exposed to get bent. For me, I sanded my sim card down, and put tray->universal-sim->sim card-> Scotch tape on top of sim card, and is used as a tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by spec09 View Post
    I'm not understanding. You say the universal-sim bends when you insert it? How can that be if the order it goes is tray->universal-sim->sim card. The universal sim totally fits behind the sim card, leaving none of it exposed to get bent. For me, I sanded my sim card down, and put tray->universal-sim->sim card-> Scotch tape on top of sim card, and is used as a tab.
    Yes tray -> universal -> sim card.

    The universal sim gets stuck when I try to insert it. In the middle of the universal sim, there is something pushing it making it fold backwards in the middle, not at the corners.

    Maybe, you would be kind enough to post pictures of your installation from a to z, sanding, taping, inserting, etc.

    If you look close at the tray, there is nothing holding the bottom of the universal sim. It is only held at the head, and left and right. I think the tray of the original iphone was better designed because there was no hole.

    Should I ever get it in, I would be surprised if it's still working with all the bending, straightening, glueing, etc.

  3. #533
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Yes tray -> universal -> sim card.

    The universal sim gets stuck when I try to insert it. In the middle of the universal sim, there is something pushing it making it fold backwards in the middle, not at the corners.

    Maybe, you would be kind enough to post pictures of your installation from a to z, sanding, taping, inserting, etc.

    If you look close at the tray, there is nothing holding the bottom of the universal sim. It is only held at the head, and left and right. I think the tray of the original iphone was better designed because there was no hole.

    Should I ever get it in, I would be surprised if it's still working with all the bending, straightening, glueing, etc.
    I too had these issues with my universal sim. My solution was sanding down my SIM, then tape the middle part of the Universal Sim that is bending up every time, not allowing the tray to insert, down to the sim card. I also placed a very small and thin piece of tape on the upper corner to have the card hold tight, and not pop up at the top. Making sure not to tape over any expssed connections to not effect the Universal SIM card.

    Everything works. Tape is the key, not glue. Good Luck.

  4. #534
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SpookyET
    Yes tray -> universal -> sim card.
    I don't know wtf is wrong wit this universal sim. I can't get it in. I'm not going to force it. It keeps bending. The iPhone 2G tray was filled in. This has a big hole. The only thing I can think of is to straighten it and glue the damn universal sim to the sim card. then try to stick it in. It keeps bending. Now, it's not straight any more. It won't go in.
    You probably got the bad Universal SIM because the last Universals should be already very thin. You may need to make a hole in your AT&T SIM card to make place for the thickest part of Universal to fit. Then you can get in easily.
    Posted by pua-style
    I had to cut a hole into the Simyo-SIM. I ordered a SIM-Card-Puncher which does this job exactly.
    I don't have any problems with the thickness of SIM + Universal-SIM.

  5. #535
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If you you're thinking about using this crap, don't. It's not worth it. I had my phone replaced yesterday. Guess what? Today I'm in the same boat. I sanded the sim card to half or less than half its normal width. I taped it to the universal sim. I stick it in. Power on the phone. I get no sim. Then I try to eject it. Guess what? It ejected partially. Then it got stuck because it moved. There is something in the phone that keeps touching it.
    Now, I got a stuck tray. Only yesterday, I had my phone replaced because of a broken tray. I can't go to apple again. It's stuck really bad. Where does it get stuck? Maybe I can pull it out and save the tray.

    This stuff isn't worth it. Beg every phone company on earth to unlock it or wait for the software unlock. I'm done with this. Hopefully, I'll get some of you to help me get it out. Hopefully, I didn't break it. Regardless, I'm not trying this crap again until they make them rigid, where they can't bend and move.






    Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com


  6. #536
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Whoever get the sim tray stuck into the phone with new model of Universal Sim is not doing it right.

    First of all, don't sand your sim card at all.
    The reason, that the black IC chip got stuck because the sim tray pusher push up at the middle up a bit where the IC chip is located. That's why it got stuck.
    If you sand your sim card, your sim card might be thinner than the IC chip, so your sim tray will get stuck.

    And if you don't get signal with U.S. T-mobile, you probably didn't do it right either.
    Or your Universal sim is damaged.

    Best way to cut your sim is use a one hole paper puncher and cut it like this:

    Or cut it like this (not as good as the one above):

    Tape Universal Sim like this:


    Now put them together:


    You can go to T-mobile retail store and ask for a free sim card.
    If you do as above, your sim tray will never get stuck.

    As I said couple days ago, you can take the LCD out easily with suction cup and push the sim out from inside.
    Here is a video on youtube: click here
    I already tried. It's simple.
    Last edited by NewWayAround; 09-24-2008 at 07:51 AM.

  7. #537
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The reason why it got stuck is because the "UNIVERSAL SIM" moved, as you can see in my picture. I bet it's bending in somewhere. Maybe I should try pulling it with pincers to try to straighten it. As you can see in the pic, it didn't get stuck inside. it did get ejected, but the damn thing bended and it's keeping it. The tray is moving without the sim. it's outside of the tray inside.

    I had a big cut. It would not go in. It kept bending. With the sanding, it went in, but the tape was not enough to hold it in place. It bended somewhere. All I care about is removing the tray without breaking it. I might get a prepaid at&t account until a software unlock is released. This thing is not safe.

  8. #538
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The SIM-tray ejector pushes the SIM-tray upwards.

    While trying my first Unlock-SIM (which actually did not function correctly), I actually broke the ejector-function:

    Normally, If you push the SIM-Ejector-Tool (the Apple thing) inwards the iPhone 3G, the tray will pop out a little bit, so you can then eject it manually.

    But I "broke" the ejector functionality. When I push in the SIM-Ejector-Tool now - it
    won't pop any more. I use a paper-clip to pull the SIM-tray out - which works flawlessly.

    I read that the SIM-Ejector functionaltiy actually pushes the SIM-Tray upwards - thus making it stuck.

    Can someone who's "ejector functionality" is still alive try to eject the SIM-Tray only with a paper clip instead of using the ejector functionality (the popping thing) ???

    Using a paper clip I mean:

    Don't push the paper clip that much in so that the tray pops. It pops because some kind of tension is released (by a mini spring inside the SIM-tray slot).

    Only put the paper clip into the hole a little bit, try to twist the paper clip an the tray and then pull out the tray!

    Like this:

    Last edited by pua-style; 09-24-2008 at 11:33 AM.

  9. #539
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So I got the i-smartphone black sim in the mail today. It's crap. It only recognizes the network every 2 min or so, and it beeps to let me know. It's annoying. The edge data doesn't work, so I get no internet. I'm on T-Mobile in the US. Yes, I have the data plan. I also have the Tzones hack done from Cydia. Hmmm, Universal Sim, here I come.

  10. #540
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muthaflaco View Post
    So I got the i-smartphone black sim in the mail today. It's crap. It only recognizes the network every 2 min or so, and it beeps to let me know. It's annoying. The edge data doesn't work, so I get no internet. I'm on T-Mobile in the US. Yes, I have the data plan. I also have the Tzones hack done from Cydia. Hmmm, Universal Sim, here I come.
    i just ordered my black ismart sim also. The results from one of the testers shows everything working. Wonder why you had the problem.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Analysts stay upbeat on Apple Q2 results
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
  2. MacNN: Forum roundup: data security solutions and more
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
  3. Data Plan for 1 month stay in New York City
    By slmrvoge in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM
  4. Interesting observation
    By rodinman in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 09:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:18 AM.
twitter, follow us!