WARNING: TurboSIM can be BRICKED by menu operations!!
Ok, I've had my TurboSIM working fine.
The configuration went so smoothly, it went like a dream.
I didn't have 1 single problem with the procedure, including the SIM's over etc and up until this evening I had everything working in my iPhone!!
I accidentally pressed the "set" option in the Sim App menu on the iPhone today. I thought nothing off it, but later on when I reset the phone, it came up "Incorrect SIM , this iPhone must be used with an approved SIM."
I thought about it for a while and remembered what I had done earlier.
I figured out that the "set" action told the TurboSim application (applesaft) to use my current (working operator) SIM's IMSI & ICCID as the fake ID's to fool the phone. I'm pretty sure thats what "applesaft" does in order to get the relevant information.
This is the procedure you follow normally to get the AT&T details into the software, hence the SIM swap method in the instructions, only your normally using the AT&T SIM at this point.
I though this is no big deal, I can simply put the AT&T SIM back in and press "set" again to put things back as they were!
Since this "Incorrect SIM" error came up on the phone after a reboot, I have not been able to get the TurboSIM to boot up with either my Operator SIM or the original AT&T SIM !!
Now it could coincidence and my TurboSIM just failed during a power up and is just one of those things but until we can get some clarification, YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT USING THE SET OPTION IN THE SIM APPS MENU OTHER THAN DURING THE ONE OFF INITIAL REQUIREMENT!!!!
I hope PZ can shed some light on this issue but I've given up after a couple of hours trying to get my TurboSIM working again. It stopped working whilst in the phone, its only been in and out a handful of times and most of those were after it stopped working, so its not been mis-handled!!
I have since heard from someone else that did the same thing and now also have a bricked TurboSIM !!!!!