Trying to make a nice single thread to sum up the different issues
New way to enable/disable CommCenter
Note that, to superscede older tutorials, CommCenter should be disabled and enabled with the method given below rather than by modifying the files - this way, you don't need to reboot, and it's faster (thanks iZsh).
If you like GUIs, you can use UICtl too, available at http://iphone.natetrue.com/UIctl/
Starting up aka the new foolproof tutorialQuote:
disable CommCenter : launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
reenable CommCenter : launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Brought to you by iZsh, Zf, and all unfortunate testers and contactless souls of #iPhone-TurboSIM
Follow carefully these simple steps in the given order
- Make sure CommCenter is not disabled (otherwise there won't be any way to know if the contacts between the TSIM and your SIM are correct, and major frustration ensue)
- Insert your TSIM and AT&T SIM (some tutorials state that you can program your TSIM with a non AT&T card in the iPhone, but this does not work)
- Check that you don't get a "NO SIM" message. If you do, then you have either bad contacts or a broken TSIM if you were not careful enough. Open the tray very carefully, readjust, replug until the "NO SIM" message disappears.
- If the AT&T SIM inserted with the TSIM has a PIN enabled, disable it now, or you won't be able to program the TSIM
- Check if you see the "SIM Applications" menu entry in Settings / Phone. If you don't see it, you'll have to reset your TSIM (see the paragraph "reseting the TSIM from the iPhone")
- Disable CommCenter and run turbo-info, which should display your TSIM kernel version and serial number, not just "No Error". If you don't see something like that, consider it didn't work
- If turbo-info did not work, try to run iZsh Turbo-smsreset http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...Turbo-smsreset and run turbo-info againQuote:
Kernel Version 18.104.22.168
Serial Number xxxx-xxxxxxxxx
OK. No Error
- If turbo-info still doesn't work, cry for help on #iphone-TurboSIM :)
- Otherwise your can program your TSIM as expected :
- Install AppleSaft : if applesaft.trb was uploaded in /private/var/root that's
- Reenable CommCenterCode:
- Go into the AppleSaft menu in Settings / Phone / SIM Applications, choose Set, it will print some number, then choose Accept
- Ok now it's done, but stay calm, you don't want to break the TSIM that close to your goal
- Open the tray carefully and replace the AT&T SIM by your own subscription, align it carefully with the TSIM and plug back the tray. If you see a "NO SIM" message, realign carefully. Did I mention carefully ?
- If an "incorrect sim" appears use iASign method to activate (for mac: iASign.mac --automatic iPhoneActivation_private.pem if the .pem has been installed)
- Try to make a call and receive a call. If you don't have anybody to call, don't ask on #iphone-TurboSIM :)
- Enjoy your functional iPhone thanks to Bladox and all the community :)
Reseting the TSIM from the iPhone
This assumes AppleSaft is not "blocked" with a bad "set" command. In this case, see the next paragraph.
- Check the SIM PIN menu in Settings/Phone and enable it with 1111
- If the menu is grayed, remove the TSIM, put the AT&T SIM alone, and enable the SIM PIN to 1111, then put back the TSIM and AT&T SIM together
- When the phone requests the PIN, enter the TurboSIM PIN (written on Bladox package). A message will come up saying that the PIN is incorrect, but the PIN attempts should not be
- Check the SIM PIN menu in Settings/Phone and disable it
- Check if you see the "SIM Applications" menu entry in Settings / Phone. If you don't see it, go cry on #iphone-TurboSIM
Recovering a second "set"
If you press "Set" on AppleSaft a second time with your real subscription attached, you're basically toasted, and have to reset your TSIM.
To do that, insert your TSIM + any SIM in another phone
Enable the SIM PIN on that phone and power cycle
When the phone requests the PIN, enter the TurboSIM PIN (written on Bladox package). A message will come up saying that the PIN is incorrect, but the PIN attempts should not be decreased.
Put back your TSIM + AT&T SIM in the iPhone and reprogram it