Got mine today and works perfectly. Needed to use iworld and the youtube fix, but after that everything working wonderfully.
Are you saying that is unlocked the phone to be used on other GSM networks or that you have two ATT (US) or two O2 (Europe) sims and can switch between numbers?
If anyone else can confirm this it would be great.
Yes, the phone was a brand new OOB 1.1.2 week 48 with new bootloader and I put two sims in it: one Swedish Tele2 and one U.S. (old pre-Cingular ATT that doesn't not work on iphone). Both recognized and the phone works perfectly.
1. Downgrade 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 in order to install octoprep
2. Install octoprep
3. Upgrade back to 1.1.2
4. Jailbreak with Independence
5. Cut your old sim. I worried that I had cut too much to get it to fit, but it was fine.
6. Insert. Make sure you assemble it all so that it's totally flat. I didn't the first time and it was too thick to get in the slot comfortably. I took it out, pressed on it and made sure the sims were properly seated and then put it in without a problem.
7. Instrall Iworld and choose your country
9. If youtube doesn't work: Run youtube fix.
There are much better tutorials out there, but the above is just to give you a rough idea of what's involved. Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish and was very straight-forward.
Brilliant, this looks like a great solution and fairly simple too plus the added bonus of a dual sim card option. I've got the week 48 iphone too and the above confirmations make me feel very confident about the product. Going to order one. Will let you know how I get on...
how much cost the hyper sim?
thx ... in the website doesnt appear
Hey Sibelius, how much did you pay for the card + shipping?
Their Paypal system seems to be broken atm and I can not find their prices on the site.
How long did it take for the card to arrive?
It's $85 including shipping. I got it in two days from Taiwan via DHL and I'm in New York so it's pretty speedy. Excellent service.
Just enter what you want to order in their comments section and they will write you back to give you the paypal information .
I live in Jamaica and ordered as well and it took 3 days from taiwan which as Sibelus says, thats VERY speedy. I dont have my iPhone yet though, someone is bringing it down for me monday, CAN'T WAIT.
Quick question sib, how long does it take to switch from sim one to sim two. And are you able to enter different settings for each sim (edge, sms etc)?
Thanks in advance for your response