Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Discuss No "Sim Application menu" in Settings > Phone > at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Hello, I do have a OOTB 1.1.2 (4.6) US iphone (1.1.2 jailbreak + activation ok). ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy No "Sim Application menu" in Settings > Phone >

    Hello,

    I do have a OOTB 1.1.2 (4.6) US iphone (1.1.2 jailbreak + activation ok).

    I just bought a TSIM to be able to use my French Orange account.

    Unfortunatly, with the "TSIM + ATT" in, I cannot see any "Sim Application" menu in "Settings > Phone >".

    Apart from this annoying fact, I am able to program the TSIM without any problem using Applesaft method which let me think that the TSIM is probably not broken.

    I tried to erase the TSIM using the TPIN methods:
    - in the iPhone
    - in my old W810i
    but that did not solve my problem.

    Who can help me there? I am really stuck

    Thanks in advance,



  2. #2
    Zf_
    Zf_ is offline
    iPhone Dev Team Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Try to turbo-rm-apps and reinstall applesaft, check that commcenter has been reenabled (sounds obvious but hey why not), check the physical contacts ... that should make a first valid check list

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zf_ View Post
    Try to turbo-rm-apps and reinstall applesaft, check that commcenter has been reenabled (sounds obvious but hey why not), check the physical contacts ... that should make a first valid check list
    Should'nt the menu "Sim Application" be present in Settings / Phone even if applesaft is not installed?

    Can someone check if while inserting the virgin "TSIM + ATT", the Sim Application menu pops-up in the settings?

    I spent too much time on the thing...grrrrr

    I'll give a try to your suggestions even if I am not confident

  4. #4
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoF View Post
    Should'nt the menu "Sim Application" be present in Settings / Phone even if applesaft is not installed?
    No.






    -----------

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakez View Post
    No.
    -----------
    Could you please elaborate a little bit

    "SIM Applications" menu on the iPhone is linked to application that are on the SIM right?

    Then, even with Applesaft not installed, the menu should appear on the iPhone with TSIM inside...

    If not, how can I get this "SIM Applications" menu?

    Thx!


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am having the same problem i am following this
    http://iphone.simbunch.com/turbosim.php

    and i am getting the following output from my ssh session. Anyone have any ideas?

    root@192.168.1.104's password:
    Last login: Tue Dec 11 17:39:37 2007 from 192.168.1.102
    # turbo-info
    initializing modem
    modem initiated
    Kernel Version 1.2.7.0
    Serial Number dagp-e1snakt85
    OK. No Error


    I have tried uninstalling and doing this again with no luck



    # turbo-app /private/var/root/applesaft.trb
    SRC /private/var/root/applesaft.trb
    SIZE 2021
    initializing modem
    modem initiated
    OK. No Error
    Last edited by irishguy; 12-11-2007 at 06:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
    I am having the same problem i am following this
    http://iphone.simbunch.com/turbosim.php

    and i am getting the following output from my ssh session. Anyone have any ideas?

    root@192.168.1.104's password:
    Last login: Tue Dec 11 17:39:37 2007 from 192.168.1.102
    # turbo-info
    initializing modem
    modem initiated
    Kernel Version 1.2.7.0
    Serial Number dagp-e1snakt85
    OK. No Error


    I have tried uninstalling and doing this again with no luck



    # turbo-app /private/var/root/applesaft.trb
    SRC /private/var/root/applesaft.trb
    SIZE 2021
    initializing modem
    modem initiated
    OK. No Error
    Exactly what is happening to me.
    No problem in programming (apparently) but no "SIM Applications" menu at all

    Who can explain the rationales of this menu to appear or not?

  8. #8
    Professional Array _Gabe_'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoF View Post
    "SIM Applications" menu on the iPhone is linked to application that are on the SIM right?

    Then, even with Applesaft not installed, the menu should appear on the iPhone with TSIM inside...
    Thx!
    AppleSaft IS the application, stored on the TurboSim. If it doesn't exist, then you will not get the menu showing on your iPhone.

    Kinda like saying that you should have Microsoft Office in your start menu even though you haven't installed it..

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    But the installation process seems to complete with no errors and I have one bar of single (so i should have propper contact) I have tried 2 turbo sims with the same result. Has anyone any ideas ??

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Gabe_ View Post
    AppleSaft IS the application, stored on the TurboSim. If it doesn't exist, then you will not get the menu showing on your iPhone.

    Kinda like saying that you should have Microsoft Office in your start menu even though you haven't installed it..
    How do you explain then why I do see the turbo menu and the Applesaft application when I put my TSIM (programmed on iPhone w/o errors) in my Nokia phone???

    Back in the iPhone, no SIM applications menu whatsoever !!!

    Suggestions? Help?... thx.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Apple experimenting with "radial" menu design
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 12:50 AM
  2. Can't enable "Internet Sharing" menu
    By ybizeul in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 03:30 PM
  3. [1.1.4] Running AT+CLCK="PN,0,"00000000" on non IPSF Phone
    By user1981 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:48 AM
  4. Turbosim "set" mený with non att card and now iphone is sim locked... HELP ME!!!
    By manno in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 06:08 PM
  5. "Unlock.app" can fix "no service","no wifi","IMEI 049.."
    By max9241 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:39 PM.
twitter, follow us!