Discuss nextsim at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Many Dutch iPhone owners post that the NextSim is not working. Im receiving my NextSim ...
Many Dutch iPhone owners post that the NextSim is not working. Im receiving my NextSim tomorrow and am going to test it with a 6 year old sim card. Hopefully it'll work...
Anyonelse with further user experiences?
I've ordered one from next-sim.ch and it was supposed to arrive at latest today and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm going on a holiday on saturday, so I hope it arrives tomorrow.
Does anybody who bought the nextSIM from that site received it yet?
It would be most helpful to set the record straight on which SIM versions NextSIM works with and which ones it doesn't.
For instance it sounds like it won't work with V3, which puts its usefulness and usability back closer to SuperSIM than to TurboSIM or StealthSIM.
If it only works with V1, then the SilverCard solution may be a better one.
It definitely requires stronger computer skills and more work, but it can be far less expensive than NextSIM.
Would the forum participants who got the NextSIM working share the (suspected) version of their SIMs, or at least the age of the SIMs?
FW 1.1.2 OTB --> 1.1.3 Bl 4.6
Jailbroken & Unlocked
just to inform you about a few things regarding the Next SIM sold by our online shop:
- All placed orders have been shipped on 17. Dec., as you can check with the submitted tracking no. from our email.
- If your tracking no. only shows up "posted" this means only that it's still at the border of destination country. - Status will be updated when leaving border control point. - We know that's this information is not style like you and also we expected, but that's the way it works. We were in contact with swisspost-service for this issue. But currently there is no way to get the status updated before it goes away from the border control point.
- Guaranted delivery time from swisspost was 3 working days after postage. So, this means it must be delivered on 21. Dec. - Only valid for EU-member-states!
- If not, please contact swisspost or local service partner of swisspost. They will refund the postage.
- However, as we can see from our trackinglist, almost 85% of all shipments were delivered.
- Well, it's christmas time, there are a lot of letters and parcles. So be patience.
- We have reports from customers that Next SIM is working with 3G-SIM
- We have also reports from customers that Next SIM is not working with 3G-SIM
- Seems it depence on settings the local provider wrote on the SIM for UMTS
- We had one customer reporting Next SIM not working with a E+ SIM (Germany)
- After deleting SMS and contacts, stored directly on the SIM, it was working
- We had one report of a non-working Next SIM with a Swisscom SIM. - We've exchanged the SIM. After a few more tries it worked.
General about exchange and warrantity
- In general there is no guarante / warrantity for SIM-Adaptor
- We've only tested with swisscom. So, we can only guarante that it works with swisscom sim.
- However, we are a company with a very good reputation here in switzerland and SIM adapters are not our main business. But we would like to statisfy our customers.
- So, if it will not work for you, we will help you to find a solution, if needed. For example: If you are on a 3G-SIM and Next SIM is not working, we would provide a original BLADOX TurboSIM to you, on a special discount price with crediting of the original selling price for the Next SIM, in exchange.
- Due to the unexpected difficulties with Next SIM on 3G-SIM under certain circumstances, we will not sell anymore Next SIM nor other SIM-Adaptor, except the original TurboSIM from Bladox.
Christmas and new year
We wish you all merry christmas and a happy new year.
Last edited by Defender@work; 12-20-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Next Sim 2" add support for 3G GSM network Sim card
Got my Next SIM from next-sim.ch today. Didn't work with Proximus SIM (7 yr old), and damaged my iPhone while trying to pry the thing out (scuff marks on the alu enclosure). Definitely NOT worth it.
Mine hasn't arrived yet. On PM here, he told me "Will arrive on Thuesday or Wednessday" as I explicity asked him because tomorrow I'm going on a holiday, and the whole point of buying a SIM to unlock the iPhone was to have it unlocked before christmas. If not, I would wait for a software solution. On the email they tell you it will arrive at latest on thursday, in this post they say friday...
They also say they can only guarantee it works for swisscom... that's false, they've guaranteed it would work for OTB 1.1.2 US iPhones.
I don't think they're a serious company.
Last edited by kas84; 12-22-2007 at 01:25 AM.
I´ve bought the new Next Sim v2 in ebay on Monday, today (Saturday) i´m using it in my Iphone 1.1.2 OTB here in Spain and works great.
I've recived mi Next Sim v2 today. but there is a huge problem. It doesn't work with my sim. I've got a 3G simcard, but it should work anyway, since it's a v2 nextsim. In my Nokia N70 it works, after setting the network mode to GSM only, just fine. But I didn't buy it to use it with a Nokia, so my question: Any Ideas how to get it to work?
P.S.: If i go to Preferences: Carrier: it just shows me a Error with the nice "loading" circle.
thanks for the help and greetings.
aw, my iphone is us, week 48
carrier is orange switzerland
Last edited by que1; 12-22-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Received the nextsim and it works fine...!
Originally Posted by Wika83
By stich86 in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 02-08-2008, 02:32 AM
By cheapiphoneunlock in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
By lolec in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 11:57 AM