Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Discuss My review on 2.2.1 baseband 2.30.03 turbo sims at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Over the past month I have bought and tested 3 different types of turbosims. The ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array hazex36's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default My review on 2.2.1 baseband 2.30.03 turbo sims

    Over the past month I have bought and tested 3 different types of turbosims. The ones tested are (listed in order from most stable to least stable):

    1.Gevey 3g plus II( china)
    2.Rebel simcard (Europe)
    3.ismartphone (china)

    The first sim I bought was the ismartphone. I bought a couple, some for my friends and one for myself. At first the turbosim worked great, but on the 2nd day I lost signal and the turbosim was unable to pick up signal again, and in order to regain signal I would have to put the ismarpthone into another unlocked phone... and then wait until it would regain signal (annoying as hell). I used it for another day and threw it away as it lost signal again.

    The second turbosim I bought was the Gevey 3G Plus 2. When the turbosim is first put into the phone I received errors such "sim failure" and it would take a good 2-3 minutes to find a stable signal(only takes this long when you put the turbosim in for the first time). The Gevey gave me absolutely no problems for over a week, but one of my other friends said that his apn settings kept on getting wiped out (but I didn't experience this.) Every time I lost signal the phone was able to regain signal with no problems. When I powered off and then back on again, the phone would find signal almost instantly.

    The most recent turbosim I bought was the rebel. I decided to give this one a try even though the Gevey was working perfectly since most people praised the rebel sim. When I first put the rebel onto the phone it was similar to the Gevey with "sim failure" and a good 2-3 minutes for a stable connection.One difference I noticed was that when the phone was powered off the rebel was unable to regain signal(I would have to toggle airplane mode on and off for it to regain signal after a power down).I tested this for a week and it was able to regain signal as long the phone was not turned off.I only tested one of the rebel turbosims so I am not 100% sure if other users experience the same problem .



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi, what country were you in and what networks did you use the phones on?

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Rookie Array hazex36's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by futch View Post
    Hi, what country were you in and what networks did you use the phones on?

    Thanks
    T-Mobile USA

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array iGun 4 Fun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazex36 View Post
    Over the past month I have bought and tested 3 different types of turbosims. The ones tested are (listed in order from most stable to least stable):

    1.Gevey 3g plus II( china)
    2.Rebel simcard (Europe)
    3.ismartphone (china)

    The first sim I bought was the ismartphone. I bought a couple, some for my friends and one for myself. At first the turbosim worked great, but on the 2nd day I lost signal and the turbosim was unable to pick up signal again, and in order to regain signal I would have to put the ismarpthone into another unlocked phone... and then wait until it would regain signal (annoying as hell). I used it for another day and threw it away as it lost signal again.

    The second turbosim I bought was the Gevey 3G Plus 2. When the turbosim is first put into the phone I received errors such "sim failure" and it would take a good 2-3 minutes to find a stable signal(only takes this long when you put the turbosim in for the first time). The Gevey gave me absolutely no problems for over a week, but one of my other friends said that his apn settings kept on getting wiped out (but I didn't experience this.) Every time I lost signal the phone was able to regain signal with no problems. When I powered off and then back on again, the phone would find signal almost instantly.

    The most recent turbosim I bought was the rebel. I decided to give this one a try even though the Gevey was working perfectly since most people praised the rebel sim. When I first put the rebel onto the phone it was similar to the Gevey with "sim failure" and a good 2-3 minutes for a stable connection.One difference I noticed was that when the phone was powered off the rebel was unable to regain signal(I would have to toggle airplane mode on and off for it to regain signal after a power down).I tested this for a week and it was able to regain signal as long the phone was not turned off.I only tested one of the rebel turbosims so I am not 100% sure if other users experience the same problem .

    I carry the new i-Smartphone STORM and it is extremely stable, even more so than the Rebel or Gevey sims which tend to lose signal when I am driving around. I have tested many different types of sims in the past and always stick with which I seem to be most reliable and less likely to break from me switching sims often.

    I've had people testing in UK (O2, Voda, Orange), US (AT&T), CANADA (Rogers, Fido), AUSTRALIA all with success as Phone, Text and EDGE is 100% stable. Every 1/60 chips are faulty and I just have the person re-send it to me and I mail them a replacement.

    Cheers.

  5. #5
    Rookie Array hazex36's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGun 4 Fun View Post
    I carry the new i-Smartphone STORM and it is extremely stable, even more so than the Rebel or Gevey sims which tend to lose signal when I am driving around. I have tested many different types of sims in the past and always stick with which I seem to be most reliable and less likely to break from me switching sims often.

    I've had people testing in UK (O2, Voda, Orange), US (AT&T), CANADA (Rogers, Fido), AUSTRALIA all with success as Phone, Text and EDGE is 100% stable. Every 1/60 chips are faulty and I just have the person re-send it to me and I mail them a replacement.

    Cheers.
    I wouldn't try another i-smartphone product again, I got so many complaints from people. Only advantage of an ismartphone is that its cheaper than a gevey.
    Signature removed per forum's rules. Read this thread to understand why: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f18/69493.htm


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array iGun 4 Fun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazex36 View Post
    I wouldn't try another i-smartphone product again, I got so many complaints from people. Only advantage of an ismartphone is that its cheaper than a gevey.
    Lower price does not necessarily mean lower quality.. Plus Gevey has not been updated since when? This new version of i-smartphone blows gevey out of the water, I can send you one at a reduced price to prove it to you.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array hazex36's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGun 4 Fun View Post
    Lower price does not necessarily mean lower quality.. Plus Gevey has not been updated since when? This new version of i-smartphone blows gevey out of the water, I can send you one at a reduced price to prove it to you.
    LOL what are you talking about not updated? check ebay Geveys were definitely updated. For your offer.. thanks but no thanks domt think i-smartphones are worth spending even a penny on. I mean check other forums Gevey has a stronger fan base for a reason.. you seem to be the only one supporting i-smartphone.
    Last edited by hazex36; 03-27-2009 at 03:17 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array iGun 4 Fun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazex36 View Post
    LOL what are you talking about not updated? check ebay Geveys were definitely updated. For your offer.. thanks but no thanks domt think i-smartphones are worth spending even a penny on. I mean check other forums Gevey has a stronger fan base for a reason.. you seem to be the only one supporting i-smartphone.

    I'd have to disagree..

    just because Gevey is mass-produced, cheap, and more recognisable does not mean it is better quality.. far from that...

    I choose to promote the i-smartphone sims because they are much higher quality than any gevey sim. 0.10 mm thin FPC with gold Immersion, RISC Micro-Controller, and all FPC components and soldering is ROHS Compliant. What can you tell me about the gevey?

    I am the only person selling these i-Smartphone sims because I can get them straight from the supplier.. By using my connections, I can help people who are willing to help themselves... but let's just wait a few a days and the Hackint0sh members who have received their unlock sims from me will tell you how well the new i-Smartphone sims works..

    regards

    KLP

  9. #9
    Rookie Array hazex36's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGun 4 Fun View Post
    I'd have to disagree..

    just because Gevey is mass-produced, cheap, and more recognisable does not mean it is better quality.. far from that...

    I choose to promote the i-smartphone sims because they are much higher quality than any gevey sim. 0.10 mm thin FPC with gold Immersion, RISC Micro-Controller, and all FPC components and soldering is ROHS Compliant. What can you tell me about the gevey?

    I am the only person selling these i-Smartphone sims because I can get them straight from the supplier.. By using my connections, I can help people who are willing to help themselves... but let's just wait a few a days and the Hackint0sh members who have received their unlock sims from me will tell you how well the new i-Smartphone sims works..

    regards

    KLP
    Why are you contradicting yourself in the post before you said "Lower price does not necessarily mean lower quality." Then you say you have connectoins... anyone can go to the webstie and request for wholesale pricing if you buy in bulk. Even if the new "storm" starts regaining signal after it loses signal.. its about time the old ones were straight trash.. gevey has been able to regain signal since the plus (1st version) for the 2.2 (months ago) I know people whom have used the gevey plus for 2-3 months with no problems until they updated to 2.2.1 and then . All that technical stuff does not mean anything unless it produces results.

  10. #10
    Zf_
    Zf_ is offline
    iPhone Dev Team Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    No need to fight to know who's the most fail , they're all born equal
    char dumbass[128]="pasta.dat";


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Turbo Sims & X sims
    By znote in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 06:58 AM
  2. Turbo Sims & X sims
    By znote in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
  3. anybody have a US reseller for turbo sims?
    By friscoskid in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM
  4. Willing to buy turbo sims in london
    By aj178 in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 04:38 AM
  5. Where to buy Turbo Sims
    By lieb39 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 03:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27 PM.
twitter, follow us!