Discuss How I got the REBEL sim working in my iphone 3G at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by iGun 4 Fun
What do you suggest to a person who ...
Originally Posted by Zf_
LOL but it is working as expected la. hehehe
I have no connection with Rebel Sim what so ever....dont get paranoid on that one!?!
Originally Posted by iGun 4 Fun
I've read the furoms and was giving feedback on how I resolved some of the problems I had getting the sim to work.
After all thats what forums are for? Or is it a cheap marketing tool for you?
Your product may be better (im not prepared to try every ghost sim until i find the right one) but it was aimed at helping people that had already bought the rebel sim.
As I wrote higher up in this thread, I was having the "no sim" problem with the rebel-sim card. My work around was rebooting the iphone 3-4 times and then everything would go back to normal.
After reading the first post in this thread I thought I'd give it a shot (resetting network settings three times instead of rebooting the iphone). Unfortunately, on the third cycle the iphone got stuck on the white apple logo and would not boot up again.
Having tried a few workarounds that didn't work, I had no choice but to re-jailbrake the iphone from scratch. Lost some photos that weren't backed up but nothing serious. Just a bit of a pain to go through the whole DFU thing.
After I was done I started it up again with the rebel-sim and it worked fine. Actually, much better than fine. It's now been about three weeks and the iphone has not had one "no sim" problem, despite going through no-reception areas on multiple occasions. The rebel-sim is working perfectly (except, of course, no 3G - but that's something I expected). I have no clue what caused the change. The phone is running firmware 2.2.1 with BB 2.30.03 and BL 6.2. The only change before and after was that prior to the restore the phone was downgraded to 2.2 firmware. I don't think this should make a difference since the sim interacts with the baseband software, not the iphone software.
In any case, just thought this might interest you.
(Oh yeah, I definitely don't work for rebel or any other iphone related business).
3G Vodafone settings for iphone 3g- Rebel Sim
I am new to this forum, as recently I faced the same "no sim" problem with rebel sim and mainly I was refering to this forum to work it out how I can bring it back to working order. Well I bought the rebel sim 2weeks sgo to use it with my vodafone sim card on O2 locked iphone. It was working fine except that whenever I was trying to turn the 3G mode on, the network signals use to vanish and "no sim" sign use to pop up. The netwrok settings did not use help untill I turn of the 3G and data roaming. So basically to get it back to work normally (recieve and dail calls/recieve and send texts) I had to switch off 3G and data roaming and then reset the network settings.
Now during this whole process at last I figured out how to get rid of this problem.
1. I ordered new vodafone sim card (as my old one was 3 years old, so I thought its better to change it now, to make sure it is supported with 3G settings.
2. Before putting it into iphone with rebelsim I put it into my vodafone Nokia5800 and installed the activated new 3G settings (to activate sim) for my phone (Nokia5800).
3. I then tranffered my sim along with rebelsim into my iphone 3g and figured out its still not working and giving the same problem which I mentioned above. Atthat time I didnt bothered to have 3G on my ihpone any more. I thought I will live without it... but then yesterday my phone said "no sim" and all day and night I was banging my head to solve it.... tried every single thing which I used to try earlier to get the signals back. wasnt working....
4. Once again I transffered my sim into my Nokia and send calls from it sent texts and recieved calls and texts, just to make sure it is wrking.
5. I transffered my simback into iphone along with rebelsim and this time it straight away picked up the signals...
6. After 6/7 hours I went into settings-general-network-cellular data network and entered Vodafone settings
7. Then I turned on "data roaming" ONLY!
8. Opened safari to make sureits working.. (worked!)
9. Then went back to settings and turned on the 3G as well...which after few seconds gave me 3G logo along with my vodafone full signals.
10. Then I checked itonce again by opening few web pages and it was working perfectly..! I made calls and recieved txts and stuff...everything isworking perfectly fine.... =)
I hope this willhelpmany of those who arefacing same problem as mine.... GoodLuck..!
P.S. My phone is not jailbroken! I am on 2.2.1 firmware with modem firmware 20.30.03
The big question is though........can you recieve any calls when in 3G mode (and i suspect what the answer will be)?
Having reprogramed my rebel sim (from v6.1) to v7.0 it is much more stable, re-connects to the network when lost BUT switching to 3G is not possible.....
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
By dtube in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM
By martd in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
By kvikki in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM