Discuss Help: TurboSIM reprogrammed itself during restore! at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
has anybody experienced the same problem, that the tsim obviously reprogrammed itself (during restore ...
Help: TurboSIM reprogrammed itself during restore!
has anybody experienced the same problem, that the tsim obviously reprogrammed itself (during restore of firmware 1.02) and now responds with a wrong ICCID (a non-AT&T one)?
Here's what happened in detail:
I successfully got my tsim to work using AppleSaft and (at that time) Firmware 1.01 on my iphone. A week ago, I updated to version 1.02 and re-activated using iActivator. No problems till then, tsim was still working like a charme.
Two days ago, I borrowed my iPhone to a friend and put in his Vodafone Simcard, which also worked without a problem. Well, yesterday he tried to sync media with his PC and iTunes and all of a sudden, the iPhone didn't respond anymore and he had to restore the iPhone.
From that point on, something strange happened: the tsim's fake ICCID somehow changed and since then, it always responds with the ICCID of the Vodafone Simcard!!! Of course, the iPhone always says "incorrect SIM". The ICCID of the vodafone card got definetly somehow in the tsim because
the iPhone always shows the vodafone ICCID, no matter which Simcard I put in together with the tsim (O2, T-Mobile,...).
The only possibility I see is reprogramming the TurboSIM. But I couldn't manage to do that, because "turbo-info" (and all other turbo-apps as well) always fail with a modem initialization error (tried a hundred times with complete restore and so on).
What can I do now? Did anybody have the same problem (tsim reprogrammed itself)? How could that happen? How can I reprogram the tsim? Maybe using another phone or an iPhone where the "Sim Applications" (AppleSaft/Set) is still on?
Thanks in advance.
Here's the log when running "turbo-info"
After that, nothing happens anymore. I also tried using the SMS-Reset Utility but it fails as well with an error.
1 -> ATV1
1 <- ATV1
1 -> ATE1
1 <- ATE1
1 -> AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
1 <- AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
1 -> AT+CMGF=0
1 <- AT+CMGF=0
1 -> AT+CPMS?
1 <- AT+CPMS?
1 -> AT+CMGW=9
1 -> 029100110000810004FF0110
Put the TSIM + any SIM in another phone
Start the phone, enable the SIM PIN
Turn off the phone
Start the phone, enter the TurboSIM PIN (written on Bladox package), an error will be reported, but the PIN attempts (usually set to 3) won't be decreased
You can now reprogram the TSIM with an AT&T card in the iPhone
Are you sure that it will work?! ...it would be really great.
Originally Posted by Zf_
Thank you so much, Zf_!!
You are my hero...
It was exactly the problem I had. I put the TSIM together with my O2 card in a Sony Ericsson w800i, enabled PIN1, turned off/on and typed in the TPIN (of the turbosim).
After that, reprogramming went well.
If i knew that before, it would have saved me 7 hours of work. Anyway, I have no idea how it could happen that the tsim was reprogrammed with a restore of the iPhone. I will never ever do a restore without taking out the tsim.
By kohzooooz in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
By kenmok1114 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-29-2008, 09:56 AM
By motion2010 in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
By stendhal_uk in forum General
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 12:26 AM