Discuss Guide to unlock a OBT 1.1.2 phone via TurboSIM?? at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys,
I have unlocked about 100+ phones via software unlock but I am a ...
Guide to unlock a OBT 1.1.2 phone via TurboSIM??
I have unlocked about 100+ phones via software unlock but I am a total n00b when it comes to Turbo SIM, I have some questions I would like answered also if someone wants to post a Step-by-step guide or a link to a thread with the whole unlocking process va TurboSIM, I'd really appreciate it.
Here are some questions for those expert TurboSimmers:
0) What exactly is it? How does it work?
1) How long does shipping take?
2) Is Bladox the only website that offers it?
3) What does a "blank" TurboSim mean?
4) How do you program it? How do you connect to it?? Any special hardware required?
5) Does it come with step-by-step instructions when you buy it from Bladox?
6) Once programmed can you use it with ANY sim card or only one specific SIM card and have to reprogram it everytime you use another SIm card?
7) Can you reuse the same TurboSim for other SIM cards or do you have to purchase another TurboSim?
8) Does it work with OTB 1.1.2. BL 4.6 without DOWNGRADING FW??
I think thats it for now, this will give all the other n00bs a great way to reference information as well so please be specific in your answers!
Last edited by mobman; 11-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Answers to your Questions...
I'm not gonna pretend to be a TurboSIM expert (since I don't own one), but I'd bet money that these answers are right just from what I've read on the forum/other websites:
0) It installs on your SIM card, after you cut your SIM card a bit, and allows you to run programs from the SIM card. There are many uses, circumventing iPhone activation is just one.
1) Quite awhile, usually 2-4 weeks from what I've read.
2) Bladox is the best bet, however Votech out of Australia will sell it too ya as well. They've got some sort of partnership...
3) A blank TurboSIM is one direct from the company, without any applications installed on it. This includes iPhone related apps as well as other tools. You can make a TurboSIM blank using a program... If I can find it again I'll repost it
4) You reprogram/connect to it through your iPhone, using ssh and an FTP client over your network. This might be wrong, but I don't think so. So no, no special hardware (other than scissors to cut your original and AT&T SIM card) is needed.
5) No step-by-step instructions from Bladox, as they don't condone this activity (using it to patch the firmware on an iPhone). However, you can find multiple tutorials online for using it with an iPhone. Bladox only tells you how to install it on your SIM from what I'v heard.
6) I think, because the app/program and all related information, is on the TurboSIM, there is no need to reprogram with other SIM cards. This is assuming your other SIM's are for networks other than AT&T. (This might be wrong; if it i someone correct it please!)
7) Yes, but the TurboSIM holds the info thats necessary to use the iPhone on another network. So, you can reuse it, but it can only be used on ONE phone at a time.
8) Yes. The proof is here:
and healeydave is posting here. Check out these topics:
So it works with the new bootloader (4.6) but it doesn't unlock the iPhone, it only patches the SIM. So its not a full unlock like AnySIM or SIMFree provides with 3.9 bootloader systems (running 1.1.1), but it'll get the job done until they find a backdoor (if one exists; but if it does, they'll find it). Remember to donate to them, every dollar helps them help us since the dev team is doing this for free on their own time!
Click here for donation information:
So, I'd say 90% of this info is right. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, since I'm getting an iPhone for Christmas and I'm pretty sure it'll have Bootloader 4.6 on it. So I'm just trying to make sure I'll have a usable phone, not an attractive paperweight! If this helps let me know, if not I'll try and see if I can help you out... Otherwise search the forum and you'll probably find your answer repeated quite a few times... And please correct me if I gave wrong info!
Originally Posted by carbonrxn
YOU ARE "DA MAN" Carbon! Good job! It may clear some things for all of us! I was thinking to to offer OTB 1.1.2 iphones to my customers via this method. It can get kind of costly tho considering they're like 80 bucks each! Nice write up nevertheless thanks!
By macvisions in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
By MetalRat in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM
By kiwi in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
By tetsu in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM
By ozbimmer in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM