Discuss Country + Network, where does the "Super SIM Method" work? at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Ok guys interesting.
1) couldn't wait for infinity USB. SO bought a kit from Jaycar ...
Aussie - Optus/telstra Confirmed - Jaycar Kit
Ok guys interesting.
1) couldn't wait for infinity USB. SO bought a kit from Jaycar and a few Silver cards.
Total about $60 for kit (and 2 hours to build) and $10 for cards.
Woronscan worked, can extract details. Cannot write with simemu configurator, but saved files and used IC-Prog.
Old optus SIM (several years) works:
New OPTUS - v2 no go.
Walked down to newsagent, bought BRAND NEW telstra sim on $25 pre-paid. It works fine too (v1):
EDGE - when you set APN correctly under Settings->Network->Edge.
BUT - Apparently $25 card ran out after 7 minutes use! Haven't checked account yet, but is there some weird billing occurring? I'll check tomorrow.
1) phone numbers incorrect format. - had a look around the file system, not immediately apparent how to fix this, some plist files have binary, some are text and some are mixed.
2) caller only matches in phonebookl if you use local format (02) 1234 5678, if you use +61 2 1234 5678 then caller id DOESN't Match!
So I presume the iPhone thinks it's USA and cannot understand a local call is from +61.
3) I no longer get SMS when a phone message is taken, so if I see a missed call, I need to call voice mail to check if they left a message - any ideas?
4) voicemail - no easy way to check, had to create a voicemail "contact" with 321 then I call that to access messages.
OH - and forgot to mention, no youtube.
CROSSPOSTING TO RELEVANT THREADS
Done in San Marino (PROVIDER TMS / TIM)
EDGE (to be configured but I assume it will work)
I want to share some tips:
1) buy the cards here: telcominstrument.com they are pre-cut, if you buy also the infinity reader here you can put in also small sims.
2) You can use the infinity USB software to upload the CPU and EPROM to the silver card:
do everything as instructed by the tutorial in SIM EMU . BUT instead of writing on the card the edited HEXes write them on the disk, fetch them with the program that comes with the reader and upload to the sim.
THE HAPPIEST iPHONER EVER!!!
A WARM THANK YOU TO DINOPIO FOR HELPING ME !
Last edited by smman; 08-08-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Asus W5f - Apple MacBook 15 2ghz - Apple iPhone
8gb (100% working + youtube
) - Nokia N61 (4 sale) - Samsung X830 (4 sale) - LG U880 (4 sale) etc. etc.
What are the possibilities in Switzerland and Austria for a sim unloch with supersim? Any experience?
Has anyone tried the "sim cloning" approach for T-Mobile in the US?
Russia, MobileTeleSystems (MTS) works just fine. I had to choose bitween sms service and outgoing call. I've chosen calls out. Edge, wi-fi, etc work!!! But no sms. Who cares!!!
Germany: may work with SIM cards from former provider D2 Privat (nowadays Vodafone) only which have been made available before 2002.
SIM cards with a Vodafone or D2 Vodafone lettering on them do not work.
All other SIM cards from German cell phone service providers do not work.
Meaning: there is almost no chance to have a Super SIM in Germany, sorry.
Someone tried an old german Netztel prepaid D2 card ?
The provider Netztel died in 2001 and it was possible to switch to Vodafone Germany with your old Netztel simcard.
Maybe it was a V1 sim ?
Greetings from Germany
Has anyone tried this solution in Brazil?
I have a TIM sim card and if anyone can make it work... I'd appreciate it!
here in switzerland my swisscom sim from year 2000 is cloned an my iPhone works fine since 7.8.07
Originally Posted by shark699
call io/out works
sms in/out works
You Tube not - but this is not a problem for me :-)
good luck :-)
By med007 in forum General
Last Post: 02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
By iTIRSolutions in forum AppStore Software
Last Post: 02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
By macfr3ak in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
By pendalf in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
By pendalf in forum General
Last Post: 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM