Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss Anyone using iPhone in Thailand with AIS GSM? at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; I just want to know that is anyone having problem for calling in other province? ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Anyone using iPhone in Thailand with AIS GSM?

    I just want to know that is anyone having problem for calling in other province? I know from someone who use iPhone with AIS.He tell me that in Bangkok and around working fine but calling in is not working for other province.Is this problem occur with S/W unlock? and If occur,Do you know how to fix it?

    Thank You



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmpunk View Post
    I just want to know that is anyone having problem for calling in other province? I know from someone who use iPhone with AIS.He tell me that in Bangkok and around working fine but calling in is not working for other province.Is this problem occur with S/W unlock? and If occur,Do you know how to fix it?

    Thank You
    I was in Bangkok recently and my iPhone worked fine with a Turbo Sim however it did not work for calls in when in Pattaya. Not sure what its like with the unlock now though. I was able to use data and SMS anywhere though and make calls anywhere so not sure what the problem was.

  3. #3
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Should be no problem I am in Chiang Mai and using with no problem using supersim and software unlock.

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    I was in Bangkok recently and my iPhone worked fine with a Turbo Sim however it did not work for calls in when in Pattaya. Not sure what its like with the unlock now though. I was able to use data and SMS anywhere though and make calls anywhere so not sure what the problem was.
    Interesting I tried using the TurboSIM method with my AIS One 2 Call SIM card - it worked for everything except for calls in. BTW, I am in Pattaya also. I had to switch to Happy Dprompt (DTAC) in order to get everything working. The call in issue I believe is to do with incompatibility between the iPhone and the equipment used on the carriers network. Many of people have reported this worldwide and many carriers have updated their equipment and now these iPhones are accepting calls in. Let's hope AIS follows suit. I guess the fact that people are able to receive call in, in the Bangkok area means that perhaps they are addressing the problem.

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I have a software unlocked iPhone. I've tried, AIS, TRUE, and DTAC. All working perfectly, but yes, I am living in Bangkok. Haven't been to Pattaya and what not lately, but when I do, I"ll report back. Check www.iphone.in.th for more iphone stuff.


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi all,
    I was in Thailand before the iPhone unlock was available and used international roaming while there. Only made 2 voice calls, one in Bangkok and one in Koh Samui. My iPhone was defautling to DTAC while there. I had no choice or option to choose/change carrier. Came back to the US, my bill was like $800. Mostly data charges. $800 for just walking around with an iPhone in Thailand for 4 weeks. Anyway, good to hear unlock iPhone works there.

    Anyway, I have one question for you guys. Where do I go to get another SIM card in Thailand. Puntip Plaza ? Can I just go to any cell phone store and ask for a sim card ?

    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Oz View Post
    Anyway, I have one question for you guys. Where do I go to get another SIM card in Thailand. Puntip Plaza ? Can I just go to any cell phone store and ask for a sim card ?

    Thanks.
    You can buy them everywhere inc. most 7-11 stores. They're about 200 bht.

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Oz View Post
    Hi all,
    I was in Thailand before the iPhone unlock was available and used international roaming while there. Only made 2 voice calls, one in Bangkok and one in Koh Samui. My iPhone was defautling to DTAC while there. I had no choice or option to choose/change carrier. Came back to the US, my bill was like $800. Mostly data charges. $800 for just walking around with an iPhone in Thailand for 4 weeks. Anyway, good to hear unlock iPhone works there.

    Anyway, I have one question for you guys. Where do I go to get another SIM card in Thailand. Puntip Plaza ? Can I just go to any cell phone store and ask for a sim card ?

    Thanks.
    Next time you come to thailand make sure your GPRS is turned off,
    I do the same when I am in Europe,

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    GPRS is very cheap here in Thailand if you have a post paid service. 100 baht for 40 hours (3 dollars)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Israel, Turkey, Thailand and others to get iPhone 4
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 05:10 PM
  2. MacNN: Thailand to gain second iPhone carrier
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
  3. MacNN: iPhone nano clones spotted in Thailand
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 10:50 PM
  4. [iPhone 3G] Purchasing one in Thailand/Hong Kong
    By nelly317 in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
  5. iPhone Sim Free Thailand Bangkok
    By hyperzine in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:54 AM.
twitter, follow us!