Discuss 1.1.2OTB WEEK47 StealthSIM Working in GUAM!! at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Here is the skinny
I live on Guam (a Territory of U.S.)
1.1.2OTB WEEK47 StealthSIM Working in GUAM!!
Here is the skinny
I live on Guam (a Territory of U.S.)
1.1.2 OTB (SEALED in Original Packaging)
Jailbroken and Activated, OKtoPrep
Upgraded to 1.1.2
Guamcell.com (GSM Provider)
Working "normally" with StealthSIM!!
The Play by Play...
12/21/07 Recevied the iphoneas an Xmas gift
12/25/07 Jailbroken as per the modmyifone.com 1.1.2OTB jailbreak guide
12/30/07 Ordered a StealthSIM from Ebay (crossed my fingers, toes and prayed everyday)
1/9/08 Received Package from Seller at 12PM
1) Started with phone in "OFF", Proceded with install, Kept getting "No SIM Installed" Message
2) Prayed Some More
3) Tried again, Got "No SIM Installed" Message
4) Repeat steps 2,3 10 or so more times
5) GOT A SIGNAL!!! Display reads "HafaTEL" (local GSM carrier)
6) Pee-ed in my pants!!
7) SENT MY FIRST TEXT AND MADE FIRST CALL
STILL no signal problems, no weird "Working now - Not-Working now" behavior. Nothing new to report other than I LOVE MY iPHONE!!!
I did not have to install iWorld.
My SIm eeprom is centered.
SIM is PREPAY!!
(Nothing's more big-baller than a (technically contraband) working "Pay as you go" iPhone)
(Such a slap in the face to AT&T's required 2yr contract)
#7 didn't really happen
#2 Happened A LOT!!!
I did hours of research on www.hackint0sh.org and www.modmyifone.com to make this iPhone work.
Mad Props to all the contributers and enthusiasts that provided all the information to NOOB's like myself.
I am a huge promoter of PALM products. My first PALM was the m500 (first color screen palm ca. 2001-2005). My last phone was a TREO 650 (ca. 2005-2007) which I LOVED and used exclusively. I told myself I would never stop using PALM... Now, I am not going back... this iPhone is too good!!
Good for you, I also made my first call with my iPhone today. Instead of praying I cursed alot though...took me more than 30 tries to get it right, and it's been great up to now, and it'll stay that way hopefully. I will however, put the StealthSim away once the SW unlock comes out.
iPhone 1.1.2 OTB with GeoHot's Gunlock!!!
Operator: Porta (Ecuador) and ICE (Costa Rica)
Call In/Out: Yes/Yes
SMS In/Out: Yes/Yes
MMS In/Out: No/Yes
Makes me look hotter: Yes / I'm hot without it: No
Alright someone from 671 up in here! So it works with a prepaid card huh? Nice!
Waiting on my stealth sim to arrive.Should be today.Hey if I need some help maybe I can ask you.Right?
hehe my turbosim doent work yey
i downgraded and upgraded it sucessfully
now i tried to put my ePlus card in it but it only says "NO SIM CARD"
do i have to do more before i can use my card??
i read this form the BLADOX TURBOSIM
do i also have to do this? or anything else?
thx a lot for your help
STEP 3 - PREPARING and INSTALLING THE TURBOSIM
1. on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> Never
2. connect your iPhone to your WLAN (write down the IP your iPhone will have in your WLAN!) IMPORTANT: Only proceed further on in a WLAN-environment that will insure that the phone will retrieve the SAME IP via DHCP AGAIN AFTER THE NEXT REBOOT! Otherwise you will get stuck at STEP 3/15, cause the IP might have changed, e.g. in huge WLANs. If you are unsure then do this: on your iphone, after it acquires its IP address through DHCP, change the mode from DHCP to Static before you go on with the tutorial.
3. on your iPhone, start the Installer and install the following: BSD Subsystem / CommunitySources / openSSH
4. download and unzip this to your PC:
(maybe in the domainname there is a _ which needs to be removed....)
5. download and open WinSCP (if you don´t have it already) here:
6. with WinSCP connect to your iPhone; Protocol: SFTP / Port:22 / Server: your iPhones´ IP (see above) / Username: root / Password: alpine
7. use WinSCP to copy the file "applesaft.trb" (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /private/var/root
8. use WinSCP to copy all OTHER files (except "applesaft.trb") (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /bin
9. mark the copied files in the folder /bin, right-click them, select "Properties" (or similar) and give them 0755-rights (owner: RWX / group: RX / others: RX)
10. close WinSCP, then download PuTTy here:
11. cut out both SIMs, the original one supplied with the phone and your own, so they will fit perfectly into the TurboSim - do it carefully!
12. put the original SIM supplied with the iPhone (not your own!) onto the TurboSim and carefully insert it into your iPhone
13. start PuTTy and connect using your iPhone IP address as the host name.
14. PuTTy should ask for a username, so type "root", then it asks for the root-password, which is "alpine" - so type "alpine" and hit Enter
15. type "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
16. type "turbo-info" and hit Enter - some numbers should appear (also maybe some "error" blah blah), but in the end finally followed by an "OK. no errors"
17. type "turbo-app /private/var/root/applesaft.trb" ; after that an "OK" should appear!
IF instead "BAD FILE" will be reported please try again but this time type "turbo-app -b57600 -v /private/var/root/applesaft.trb"
IF that still wont work, meaning you get no "OK" in the end, please PM me! I am searching for a solution for this problem right now!
18. type "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
19. restart your iPhone (BUT only if that last commandline got NO bad response!)
20. on your iPhone go to Settings -> Phone -> SIM Applications -> Apple Saft -> Set -> Accept
21. remove TurboSim and original SIM from the iPhone (carefully!)
22. replace the original SIM with your own and put TurboSIM and your own SIM back into the iPhone (carefully!)
23. restart your iPhone
STEP 3 - DONE! Your iPhone should now be fully operational,
Last Post: 05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
By nehvada in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
By karabey in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 01:19 AM
By sublogic in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM