Discuss [1.1.2 Refurb] TurboSIM issues at the Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution - Hackint0sh.org; Hy guys,
I am from Germany and I am beginning to get really nervous here. ...
[1.1.2 Refurb] TurboSIM issues
I am from Germany and I am beginning to get really nervous here. I went thru this tutorial:
three times and the whole thing just doesn't work. Here's what's happening:
- after doing the "SET" step with TurboSIM everything seems fine.
- I insert my Callmobile card (kinda reseller of T-Mobile) and still everything looks beautiful.
- the phone recognizes the new card and joins the Callmobile network (no PIN required)
- I can even make a call and aslong as I am talking I stay connected to the network
- after some seconds it just stops (no bars on the upper left), says "NO SERVICE" and joins the network again
- the joining of the network happens three times and then it stops with "NO SIM" Error although the Sim is still inserted in the Turbo SIM
- so when I just plug the card out and reinsert it, everything just starts anew. connected and then not connected...
- since I have right beside my loudspeakers I even can hear that specific GSM background noise during the whole time of the network join and getting locked out - you all know that sound, don't you?)
- the weird thing: Apple Saft shows me under "exploited" Game Over
- and after the "NO SIM" message I cannot join the "Settings -> Phone -> Sim Applications Menu" The Sim Applications Menu is disappeared
- The modem firmware is 04.02.13_G
- I cannot see an ICCID in the about menu
Can anybody explain what's going on? Is the Turbo Sim defective, is the modem defective? Wholy crap...
Any help appreciated, Thanks in advance...
P.S. Could it be that T-Mobile began to check for IMEIs beginning with 01 and just throwing them out of their network? Anybody else having that experience with Callmobile or Debitel on a T-D1 based subscription?
Last edited by ximekon; 12-02-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Reason: added some notes
Originally Posted by hquest
this is the answer having the original AT&T card in it.
# bbupdater -v
Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)
do i need to unload the comm center first? Ah yes... sorry...
Well: bootloader 3.9, right? I'd better throw that TurboThang into the next dustbin ;-) Means I can use the AnySIM way of life, right? Nevertheless, why doesn't the Turbo way of life work? Wrong version? Why can I lock into the network and will be thrown out of it just some minutes later? And If am talking to someone I will be kept on the network! This is really weird shit.
# launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
# bbupdater -v
pinging the baseband...
eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
I think I will go for the forth downgrade and full unlock inside of 1.1.1 and then updgrade to 1.1.2.
Last edited by ximekon; 12-02-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Sounds to me like it might be poor sim contact, mine was behaving pretty similarly when I first put it in, the TSIM had too much wiggle room and easily lost contact, I put in a little bit of blutac to wedge things in place, and been fine since.
Last edited by ximekon; 12-02-2007 at 05:45 AM.
seems like this is a TurboSIM issue. Unlocking on the normal way just works...
see here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18132
Thanks anyway, xi
I am having the same problem... iPhone 1.1.2 OTB with TurboSIM... and using german carrier CALLMOBILE
after a few seconds i am loosing connection and the NO SIM .... any solution ???? ...
By amir99 in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
By kohzooooz in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
By darkprince in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
By hubbards in forum General
Last Post: 09-03-2007, 06:46 AM