Hey guys so i found a way to use the iphone as modem on a mac with edge after i searched this forum i couldnt find it so i thought id share it with u guys....make sure ur iphone is jailbroken, edge settings are configured and your iphone is plugged in to your mac. this is only for mac, theres a way for pc but i dont know it so search it online
1.install the program called Tinyproxy
2. On your OS X laptop (you will need an airport card), Open up System Preferences from the Apple Menu and navigate to the Sharing tab.
3.Click on the internet tab once in there. Select share your connection from Built in Ethernet. Then select airport as your method of sharing. Under airport options you can name and secure your computer in the manner you prefer. then click on "start" under internet sharing.
4. Head back over to system preferences and open up Network settings. Its best to create a new location for this but you really dont have to. Select airport off the list and hit the TCP/IP Tab.
5. Configure IPv4 Manually and set your IP to "192.168.1.2" and your subnet to "255.255.255.0", you can leave all the other fields blank.
6. Click on configure IPv6 and set it off.
7. Now click on the proxies tab and turn on your Web Proxy, to the right of that you will enter your web proxy address enter "192.168.1.1:8080"
8. Hit Apply Now
9. Back on the iPhone navigate to the settings menu then to the wifi menu. From here select your newly created network. Then press that little blue arrow to the right of the network name
10. Go to the airport on the mac toolbar on the top and select "create network" and name what you want and create a password if u want too.
11. Back on the iPhone navigate to the settings menu then to the wifi menu. From here select your newly created network. Then press that little blue arrow to the right of the network name
12. Click on the static tab and Change the IP Address to Manually and enter "192.168.1.1" in the IP field and "255.255.255.0" in the subnet field. Leave everything else blank.
If u followed all of this right its gonna work on safari.....for firefox do the following after done the previous steps:
13. Go to Preferences
14. Click on the "advanced" tab
15. Click on the "Network" tab
16. Click on settings under connection
17. Select "Manual Proxy configuration"
18. Type in 192.168.1.1 in the http proxy box and 8080 for port and leave everything else blank or the way it is.
19. Select Socksv4
20. Hit ok
and enjoy your slow edge connection on safari and firefox on your mac anywhere...(better slow than nothing i say)
thumbs up if this worked for you