windows toolchain problems
I am having real problems getting the arm-apple-darwin-gcc compiler to do anything and continued searching seems to find nobody with my problems, so I guess it must be something I'm doing stupid :-)
Here are the steps I have taken so far to get the iphone toolchain up and working under windows xp
1. I have downloaded the pre-compiled windows toolchain
2. I have downloaded winchain 1.0.1
3. I have unrared the pre-compiled toolchain and copied to a directory somewhere
4. I have run winchain.exe and run the 'copy' (that makes the c:\cygwin directory with everything in)
5. I have then installed cygwin from the installer
6. I have obtained (multiple) helloworld applications
7. running make returns an error 57.
It would seem that running the arm-apple-darwin-gcc compiler does absolutely nothing (which seems to be what make: is complaining about as it expected a .o file after the compile)
I ran a cygcheck on the executable and it ran through a whole load of DLLs, so it appears to be an executable ok. I am wondering if I have something else installed on my PC that is getting in the way. I did have an old Msys installation for GP2X development, but I de-installed that.
I am struggling to get anywhere with this, so any help would be much appreciated.
Is there any other checks I can do to see why make: is quitting at error 57 ? Here is an example listing of the output I get...
mkdir -p /iphone-apps/TestApp/Temp/
/usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-gcc -g -O2 -Wall -c /iphone-apps/TestApp/main.m -o /iphone-apps/TestApp/Temp/main.o
make: *** [/iphone-apps/TestApp/Temp/main.o] Error 57
has anyone seen anything like this before and can help ?