iNdependence v1.1 and new home
I updated the other thread with this information, but I thought that this new release and move to Google code warranted a new thread. From now on you'll be able to find the latest release and source code for iNdependence at:
From the CHANGELOG:
v1.1 - 09/06/07
- Added ability to add/remove applications to/from the phone. This includes setting the correct permissions and restarting Springboard
- Added Finder-like interface for adding ringtones, wallpapers, and applications. Uses buttons or drag and drop. Shows preview images for wallpaper files and application icons.
- Added "Restore PEM File" button which allows users to restore the original PEM file back onto their phone (useful when trying to undo all modifications for a firmware update)
- Added "Remove SSH" button for same reason
- Jailbreak has been verified to work on Windows via a command-line application. In the process of adding some missing CF functionality so that activation will work too. It's getting closer... :)
PS. For those who are adventurous, the source code to an MS Windows command-line program I use for testing is there too. If you compile it right, and use the magic incantations, it will perform a jailbreak for you (however, activation doesn't work).
PPS. Version 1.1.1 is now out and it works with iTunes 7.4