Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
Discuss [iTunes][Solved] Is it possible to restore from an old backup ? at the Tools - Hackint0sh.org; Great post volkspost !...
  1. #11
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Great post volkspost !


  2. #12
    Rookie Array fayerboll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    .................................................. ...
    What you need is one of the folders with tons of numbers as the name, it's inside
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    Place mdhelper in it and run e.g. ./mdhelper -C .jpg
    The tool will then extract all Jpegs and place it on the Desktop in a folder called "Recovered iPhone Files".
    You cant run the tool just on the .mdbackup files cause they are semi-encrypted. The information how to extract and de-crypt is sitting inside the file Manifest.plist thats in the folder aswell. For navigating the presence of Info.plist is necessary aswell.
    .................................................. ........
    Hope that helps,
    volkspost
    this is to extract files from itunes backup.say,if we didnt backup the picture yet by using itunes, is there any recovery tools that can recover lost pictures we accidentally deleted it from camera roll?

  3. #13
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fayerboll View Post
    this is to extract files from itunes backup.say,if we didnt backup the picture yet by using itunes, is there any recovery tools that can recover lost pictures we accidentally deleted it from camera roll?
    It depends. If you deleted the photos but did not sync the iPhone after deleting them, they are still sitting in the backup and can be recovered.

    hope that helps

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  4. #14
    Rookie Array fayerboll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    It depends. If you deleted the photos but did not sync the iPhone after deleting them, they are still sitting in the backup and can be recovered.

    hope that helps

    volkspost
    nice! that's what i meant.. so, based on what u told above, that's mean i'll have to extract backup files in iphone, not in your computer, am i right? after i ssh into iphone, which files that contain camera roll's images? and once i get it, how am i supposed to do after that? is it the same method as you told before (using erica's tool?)

  5. #15
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fayerboll View Post
    nice! that's what i meant.. so, based on what u told above, that's mean i'll have to extract backup files in iphone, not in your computer, am i right? after i ssh into iphone, which files that contain camera roll's images? and once i get it, how am i supposed to do after that? is it the same method as you told before (using erica's tool?)
    Nope, but there is a way aswell.
    The above post extracts the files from the backup that is automatically generated (and stored on the PC/Mac) once you sync.

    If the Photos are still on the iPhone and you have SSH installed, its even easier. Use WinSCP (on Windows) or Cyberduck/Fugu (on Mac) to SFTP into the iPhone. Goto
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100Apple
    All the photos on the camera roll are in there. Copy all the files ending .JPG to your PC and you have em.

    hope that helps
    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #16
    Rookie Array fayerboll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    Nope, but there is a way aswell.
    The above post extracts the files from the backup that is automatically generated (and stored on the PC/Mac) once you sync.

    If the Photos are still on the iPhone and you have SSH installed, its even easier. Use WinSCP (on Windows) or Cyberduck/Fugu (on Mac) to SFTP into the iPhone. Goto
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100Apple
    All the photos on the camera roll are in there. Copy all the files ending .JPG to your PC and you have em.

    hope that helps
    volkspost
    well,my actual problems is like this..

    1) my last sync with itunes was on 17/6/2008
    2) on 30/06/2008 i accidentally deleted all pictures i snapped on 29/06/2008.

    is there any possible solution i can retrieve back the pictures (that dated 29/06/2008)? still, i haven't sync it with itunes yet.

    i've already checked in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ as you told, but the pictures which i snapped on 29/06/2008 is not there anymore. is there any backup files in iphone that hold/contains the pictures which i can extract them?

  7. #17
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fayerboll View Post
    well,my actual problems is like this..

    1) my last sync with itunes was on 17/6/2008
    2) on 30/06/2008 i accidentally deleted all pictures i snapped on 29/06/2008.

    is there any possible solution i can retrieve back the pictures (that dated 29/06/2008)? still, i haven't sync it with itunes yet.

    i've already checked in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ as you told, but the pictures which i snapped on 29/06/2008 is not there anymore. is there any backup files in iphone that hold/contains the pictures which i can extract them?
    I am afraid you lost the photos. As far as I know there is not such backup on the iPhone. This job is done by iTunes. I have been hoping you had synced, like on the 29th. If so, you would have the photos you deleted on the following day still sitting in the backup. They are gone, sorry

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  8. #18
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    I was trying to help out Kayser Sose and found a solution that is really working. The Python script throws errors. Erica Sadun again has the tool, it's called mdhelper.

    What you need is one of the folders with tons of numbers as the name, it's inside
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    Place mdhelper in it and run e.g. ./mdhelper -C .jpg
    The tool will then extract all Jpegs and place it on the Desktop in a folder called "Recovered iPhone Files".
    You cant run the tool just on the .mdbackup files cause they are semi-encrypted. The information how to extract and de-crypt is sitting inside the file Manifest.plist thats in the folder aswell. For navigating the presence of Info.plist is necessary aswell.



    Wow, again this is a great tool from Erica! I just ran that on my backups, extracted all pics in about a minute.

    Forgot the download address:
    http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Macintosh/mdhelper

    One more: If you use ./mdhelper -C .sqlitedb you will get back all your Addressbook and Calendar data, .plist for bookmarks and map bookmarks, .db for sms and notes... ;-)

    Hope that helps,
    volkspost
    hmmm, volkspost....
    i'm trying to recover some notes i accidentally deleted. i have located the backup files in the folder.

    i followed the instructions for what to type into Terminal to recover Notes, etc.
    However, i get an error saying "-bash: ./mdhelper: Permission denied"

    can you help?

  9. #19
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nkawtg72 View Post
    hmmm, volkspost....
    i'm trying to recover some notes i accidentally deleted. i have located the backup files in the folder.

    i followed the instructions for what to type into Terminal to recover Notes, etc.
    However, i get an error saying "-bash: ./mdhelper: Permission denied"

    can you help?
    has to be executable. Before running ./mdhelper it has to be chmod 755. So after you downloaded and extracted mdhelper to the desktop, start Terminal and type

    cd Desktop/
    chmod 755 mdhelper
    ./mdhelper -C .db

    This will extract call_history.db, keychain.db, sms.db and notes.db

    Hope that helps

    volkspost
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #20
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Thanks

    that did it. thanks a bunch.

    i was able to get my notes, but the backup wasn't as current as i had thought.

    it appears, itunes failed to run a backup just prior to updating my firmware. i did a sync, etc, as you should, but after updating the firmware, none of my previous stuff showed back up on the iPhone like it has in the past and should have done this time.

    i was hoping i could use this method to manually look in the backup files to see if the info was there. it appears there's some info there, but it is way old.

    oh well. live and learn. from now on, ill run a manually backup, then a sync, then ill run the firmware updates!!!!

    thanks for your help


 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 04:23 AM
  2. itunes deleted my backup cant restore NEED HELP!!
    By terabap in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
  3. [Problem] [Solved] Backup 2G, Restore on 3G
    By Littlex in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM
  5. restore iphone backup via itunes?
    By asma123 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 08:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:09 AM.
twitter, follow us!