Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Discuss iNdependence 1.3.1 at the Tools - Hackint0sh.org; http://code.google.com/p/independence/ Just a quick release to fix the anySIM installation bug and add some documentation ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default iNdependence 1.3.1

    http://code.google.com/p/independence/

    Just a quick release to fix the anySIM installation bug and add some documentation about upgrading from firmware 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. See the CHANGELOG for details.

    -- 0p



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i downgraded an 112 OTB in 111, then run indep

    jailbreak failure, asks for a 102 downgrade....

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TahitianFreak View Post
    i downgraded an 112 OTB in 111, then run indep

    jailbreak failure, asks for a 102 downgrade....
    independence need to downgrade to 1.0.2 inorder to jailbreak 1.1.1 and 1.1.2

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hidehide View Post
    independence need to downgrade to 1.0.2 inorder to jailbreak 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
    Yes, as it says in the 1.1.1 or higher usage page, in order to jailbreak a stock 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 phone, you must first downgrade to 1.0.2, jailbreak that, install SSH, perform the pre firmware upgrade step, then upgrade to 1.1.x.

    Once you have a jailbroken 1.1.x phone, then you won't need to downgrade ever again. For example, if you have a jailbroken 1.1.1 phone, you can simply install SSH, perform the pre firmware upgrade, and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it (no need to downgrade to 1.0.2).

    -- 0p
    Last edited by The Operator; 12-16-2007 at 09:13 AM.

  5. #5
    ist
    ist is offline
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i also got jailbreak failure (already had a 1.1.1 jailbroken ) followed directions upgraded to 1.1.2 - now am getting jailbreak failure... trying again.


  6. #6
    ist
    ist is offline
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok - it worked second time around

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Help! I am having the same problem.

    Failure

    Error, couldn't perform jailbreak. You need to downgrade to version 1.0.2, then perform the special firmware (see Help documentation for more details).


    I had a 1.1.1, jailbroken and unlocked for about a month, and today performed the "Pre Firmware Upgrade" in iNdependence 1.3.1 prior to updating to 1.1.2 in iTunes. Was I supposed to restart my phone after this or something? Also iTunes synched my iPhone when I opened it up prior to updating it to 1.1.2, could that have played a part?

    I've clicked Activate like 20 times, and it always gives me this message. I thought we didn't need to downgrade to 1.0.2 if we had a unlocked/jailbroken phone. Should my iPhone have a factory SIM in it or does that not matter? What would you suggest?

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ventro View Post
    Help! I am having the same problem.

    Failure

    Error, couldn't perform jailbreak. You need to downgrade to version 1.0.2, then perform the special firmware (see Help documentation for more details).


    I had a 1.1.1, jailbroken and unlocked for about a month, and today performed the "Pre Firmware Upgrade" in iNdependence 1.3.1 prior to updating to 1.1.2 in iTunes. Was I supposed to restart my phone after this or something? Also iTunes synched my iPhone when I opened it up prior to updating it to 1.1.2, could that have played a part?

    I've clicked Activate like 20 times, and it always gives me this message. I thought we didn't need to downgrade to 1.0.2 if we had a unlocked/jailbroken phone. Should my iPhone have a factory SIM in it or does that not matter? What would you suggest?
    It sounds like the Pre Firmware Upgrade step didn't work before you upgraded. Nothing iTunes does matters. Nor does it matter what SIM you have in your phone.

    You'll have to downgrade and jailbreak again, perform the Pre Firmware Upgrade, then upgrade to 1.1.2 again.

    Before you upgrade, use an SSH or SFTP program to verify that the file /var/root/Media/disk exists on your iPhone. Fugu, Cyberduck, or Transmit are all good options if you don't like the command-line.

    That way, you can avoid having this problem again.

    -- 0p

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you very much for your help!

    So I should downgrade to 1.0.2, correct? And Then go from 1.0.2 ---> 1.1.2?

    And what exactly do I look for? The directory "disk" or a file within that directory? I've used Transmit to SSH into my iPhone many times, so it's not a big deal for me. I just need to know exactly what to look for.

  10. #10
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ventro View Post
    Thank you very much for your help!

    So I should downgrade to 1.0.2, correct? And Then go from 1.0.2 ---> 1.1.2?

    And what exactly do I look for? The directory "disk" or a file within that directory? I've used Transmit to SSH into my iPhone many times, so it's not a big deal for me. I just need to know exactly what to look for.
    Yes, downgrade to 1.0.2, perform the Pre Firmware Upgrade, then check for that file, then upgrade to 1.1.2.

    /var/root/Media/disk is just a file (not a directory). It's actually a device file (like the files listed in /dev), but you won't be able to see that from a simple directory listing. You'll need to check the file attributes to see that.

    Anyways, simply make sure it exists before you upgrade to 1.1.2.

    -- 0p


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
  3. iNdependence 1.2.2 is out...
    By The Operator in forum Tools
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
  4. Independence 1.2.2 is out
    By FALOMAN in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
  5. Help!! independence 1.1.1
    By gunner81 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:19 AM.
twitter, follow us!